Sponsored by:

Hit a dang raccoon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Hit a dang raccoon

A semi coming towards me had a raccoon bouncing around under it and spit it out in front of me at 70MPH..... or what was left of it i should say..... but it hit the front spoiler and bent the wire mesh in busting off the clips.

I was able to bend the mesh back to shape and have found the part number for new clips but my question is the coolant fins behind appear to be bent but I'm not quite sure. It was a pretty solid hit for sure. Anyone have a picture of one that hasnt hit a raccoon i can compare it to? Is this the radiator behind this portion or this the cooler for something else? its not the actual fins that might be damaged its a pipe connecting. This is on the passenger side bottom corner. All the rain and wet we have around here i cant tell if there is a leak there or not.....I'm guessing this is probably under pressure.

06 E55

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 AM

E55 wagon, Porsche 550 replica
The one behind the center mesh grill is the heat exchanger for the intercooler. There are some pretty good diagrams in this thread.
https://mbworld.org/forums/3428873-post16.html

I expect a raccoon could really do some damage. I hit a tie down strap on the highway a few years ago and even that broke clips and bent the mesh. Fortunately the mesh did its job and protected the heat exchanger behind it.

If it damaged the grill around the passenger side fog light there is an oil cooler behind it so you may want to check it and make sure there is no damage or leaks.

Last edited by Richard55; 12-21-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Where the roadkill?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:29 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Wow, sorry to hear that and suprised a coon could do that much damage.

If it was a male coon, you can save the penile bone, as they make prized tooth picks. I have included the DYI below.

http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/HowTo:M...on's_Penis

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55

If it was a male coon, you can save the penile bone, as they make prized tooth picks. I have included the DYI below.

I have no idea what you boys down in Texas do, but putting any kind of penile bone in your mouth where I come from is a major NO,NO.....lol...better get back to building the CL.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55

wheres the facebook link so i can "share"
Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
I have no idea what you boys down in Texas do, but putting any kind of penile bone in your mouth where I come from is a major NO,NO.....lol...better get back to building the CL.
I'm with this guy. Lol