Sponsored by:

Are we happy with the dealers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E320 Bluetec
Are we happy with the dealers?

Like most of you I'm happy with the E-55. But after having my car for 2 months and 5000 miles I have put 1500 miles going back and forth to the dealer (125 miles one way). The audio gateway and the pulling to the right problem are the main reasons. There has been a loaner in my garge 3 weeks out of the 2 months.

This would be unaceptable with a $20,000 Ford Taurus let alone a car that runs 80 to 90 grand. Is it the dealers fault and or has the quality of Mercedes Benz gone downhill? This is my 5th Benz in my life and I've never had these problems before. You suposed to drive these cars off the showroom floor and never see the shop until it's time to change the oil. At least that's been my experiance.

Is the time of Mercedes Benz being the hallmark of quality over? I hope not!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:49 PM

2003 C32 AMG
I understand what your feeling

Ive had my c32 for 4 months now. but for 2 weeks I had the car in the shop because the radio was getting no reception and my remote wasnt unlocking the car from a distance. I blame both the dealer and the quality of mercedes. to fix this, they replaced my back window, all the antennaes, new comand, and a new key. guess what. that wasn't the problem. it was a faulty wire grounding out on a bolt! a 60k car shouldn't of had to go through this. and to boot, my car got repainted on both rear quarter panels due to the damage of removing the back glass. I love Mercedes, but I think after this lease, I will try something different
Old 08-01-2003, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
MB's are known for being in the shop. That just comes as part of the owning experience. But, unless you have warranty, I would stay away from the stealerships unless that's your only means of having your car repaired. Find an outside MB mechanic that does good work for about half the money. You should be so lucky to have 4 out of 5 Benzes free of mechanical trouble. Welcome to the club Chip...
Old 08-01-2003, 05:58 PM

08 E320 Bluetec
There is some truth to that. Hopefully I don't have a lemon. The car as we speak is at the frame shop seeing if they can't deal with the pulling to the right problem. The dealer called today and said they are working on a brand new fix to the gateway problem. I hope this works. I've thought about selling it. But what would I repalce it with? It still leaves the competition in the dust. I will advise.
Attached Thumbnails Are we happy with the dealers?-mvc-001x-copy.jpg  
Old 08-01-2003, 09:39 PM

one of seven
I don't get my E55 for several more months and I can only hope I have as good a luck as I'm enjoying with my E500. Had it about 8 weeks now and it's been perfect. I know it's a roll of the dice as to whether or not we get a lemon or not but I think we on this forum tend to hear more from the owners with problems and not from those out driving with big grins on their faces. I would love to know what the percentages are of problem cars. Those of us with 03 E's have to remember, we bought in the first year of a model change (something I try not to do). It's definitely a very complicated car, electronically, and I hope that MB will get a handle on all the problems and that there will be smooth sailing for all in the near future. For 04 the E500 will have the new 7G tranny - what hiccups will that bring? And for MY 05 if the rumors of a larger engine and 7G for the E55 are true, there may be more bumps in the road for us. Good luck to us all!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:16 PM

For a bit of perspective, look at the JD Power reliability rankings.
Most of the past 5-8 years Mercedes has ranked just above the median, and has been flanked by BMW and Audi most years (in varying order from year to year).
If MB has been ranked in the top 10-15% of manufacturers it hasn't been since the 1980's.