Sponsored by:

Racestar Industries Skinnies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
Racestar Industries Skinnies

I am contemplating getting some Racestar Industries skinnies for the next season. I've heard a few guys on here mention using them, however I couldn't find anything specific.

To those who currently run the 17x4.5", what kind of fitment issues did you run into? How close is the wheel to fitting out of the box? I am guessing I would need a direct drill version with a 5x112>5x4.5 adapter rather than messing with the Unilugs.

Any help is appreciated
Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
I was told they don't make the direct fit. Haven't fit mine on but I believe Lowprofile runs them so maybe he can chime in. As long as they work you can't beat them for the price.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:07 PM

2003 E55
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
I was told they don't make the direct fit. Haven't fit mine on but I believe Lowprofile runs them so maybe he can chime in. As long as they work you can't beat them for the price.
They are definetely a steal. Are yours the UNI-lug style bores? What I am wondering is whether or not they clear the caliper without a spacer. If no spacer is needed then I would imagine the UNI-lug bores might work. But if it does need one, then I would much rather use a 20mm adapter and use a direct drill wheel to avoid those lugs. Hopefully Lowprofile will shed some light on this.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Lelix
They are definetely a steal. Are yours the UNI-lug style bores? What I am wondering is whether or not they clear the caliper without a spacer. If no spacer is needed then I would imagine the UNI-lug bores might work. But if it does need one, then I would much rather use a 20mm adapter and use a direct drill wheel to avoid those lugs. Hopefully Lowprofile will shed some light on this.
Off topic question, but since you are from Toronto , which drag strip do you take your car to ? I'm originally from Toronto now in Ottawa. Just wondering for summer if I still have this car.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 AM

2003 E55
Originally Posted by viren.89
Off topic question, but since you are from Toronto , which drag strip do you take your car to ? I'm originally from Toronto now in Ottawa. Just wondering for summer if I still have this car.
The closest track to me is the Toronto Motorsports Park(Cayuga). About 1.5 hours away.