Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some follow-up observations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some follow-up observations

Drove the car for the first time in heavy rain yesterday. The yellow triangle spent quite a lot of time lit. I think I'm going to need a truck for the winter.

Also, had my first problem with the tire pressure monitor. Got in the car and the malfunction display came on with a message that the tire pressure monitor was not activated. I pushed the wrench button and asked the person on the other end what they thought. They said they need to call me back and then later left a message telling me to check to see whether the dealer put metal caps on the stems rather than plastic. Apparently using chrome caps will mess up the monitor. Otherwise, the advice was to take it to a dealer. I checked the caps -- they were plastic. Got back in the car and started it up and the tire monitor worked fine. Strange.

Otherwise with 700 and some miles everything is great except that darn passenger seat rattle. Oddly, the drift to the right/shimmy that appeared between say 50 and 80 mph is gone. I've been trying to stay within the break-in limits as much as possible since my initial loss of self-control when I first picked up the car (although the under 85 mph thing is tough to stick to) so I look forward to the 1000 mile mark.