W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

w211 Where is the quality?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003 | 12:25 PM

w210 e55
Oh yeah, I like my e55 with the mysterious transmission that slips into neutral when I am attempting to pass on the freeway at 65mph and I am told they can't duplicate the situation and hence can't fix it.
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:20 PM

E55
Personally, I would feel better about MB and/or AMG if they were monitoriing this site. At least I would feel better about them seeking user input.

Maybe they are monitoring it?
Old 08-11-2003 | 01:52 PM
Almost a Member!

New Shape Volvo V70 T5
Of course its a bloody stupid statement I made; which is exactly what Marcus was doing; why can't people complain over other people's cars.

Do please excuse the extremity of the example I used, I knew it would not be taken lightly.

As for you E500Lorinser...CHILL. Christ almighty, I know about Dresden and the use of incenderies. Then again, Germany did start it yes? They bombed the hell out of a lot of other countries themselves. Yes I also know about bloody Stalin and media propaganda. And you dare say that I'm a bloody couch potato watching nothing but T.V.? Screw you matey.

As for not buying a Japanese car, you're dad is showing misdirected hatred, as does my sweet-old granny.

Righty, relax everyone.
Old 08-11-2003 | 03:29 PM
D-5

2003 E55
In these years, MB quality has gone down dramatically and I would have to agree that Lexus makes the most reliable cars in the world. For the past nine years, my 94' LS400 visited the dealer for maintenance only. I parked it outside, I drove it hard, no rattling sound, no problem what so ever. I baby my 00' CLK430 and 98' 993, park in garage, detail twice a year, and have tons of problems...

But at the end, I traded in the Lexus for the new E55(arriving within 2 weeks)
Old 08-11-2003 | 05:47 PM

08 E320 Bluetec
As for not buying a Japanese car, you're dad is showing misdirected hatred, as does my sweet-old granny.

Well afterall they did try to kill him for several years.
Old 08-11-2003 | 06:50 PM

w210 e55
PB, I agree this would be THE spot to get real feedback from drivers that know their cars.

As far as your earlier question, my buddy and his problem are in southern Ca.
Maybe some sensitive individual is familiar with the issue and is giving me crap for reporting on it.

When the problem is corrected I will post the exact issue and the fix.
Old 08-11-2003 | 07:06 PM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Drive55er,

That sensitive individual is not myself, to my knowledge we do not have any W211 E55's in for servicing. You have to realize that there are 20 MBZ dealers in the So.Cal. area only, what are the chances your friend's car would be here!

BTW, I am not sensitive, I just take a lot of pride in the company that employees me and kinda take offensive when people bad mouth the products they produce!!!
Old 08-11-2003 | 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally posted by Chip

Well afterall they did try to kill him for several years.

Ha..*LOL*
I got a good chuckle out of that.
I think I would have some anger built up if I was getting shot at too!!!

This thread is like a big p!ssing contest. You guys crack me up!! I've said it before....and I'll say it again....eat more fiber!!!! Then don't forget to drink extra water!!!!
Old 08-11-2003 | 08:26 PM

w210 e55
It is funny Stiggs.

In the words of Basil Faulty "Don't mention the war, I think I mentioned it once but I got away with it". "The Germans" a classic Faulty Towers episode. ;-)

LOL
Old 08-11-2003 | 09:50 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey everyone,

i really don't see the big deal with a battery failing. it happens. MB doesn't manufacture the battery and sometimes they fail. as for the cut in the tires sidewall ...that's just plain stupidity. i don't think either of these problems warrant an attack on MB quality. the same thing could happen on a Lexus and a Chevy. it doesn't seem to me that the amount you pay for a vehicle has anything to do with either of these small problems. hey **** happpens ...deal with it.
Old 08-11-2003 | 10:14 PM

w210 e55
Obviously it wasn't a failed battery if they gave him the car back and the car died again an hour later in a parking lot. Then, after not having a clue as to what was wrong with the car, the dealership had to call in a "special tech" to diagnose the car. The car still sits at the dealership.

You are a very patient person and enjoy driving Toyotas if consider this a deal with it situation.
Old 08-11-2003 | 10:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by Driver55er
Why all this comparison to Lexus? Is this the new bench mark for quality?
Yes. Yes it is.
Old 08-11-2003 | 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porcelain Bus
Once every few weeks an amusing thread like this comes about. Let's see who we can **** off next.
Old 08-12-2003 | 03:48 AM
Almost a Member!

New Shape Volvo V70 T5
So the Japanese soldiers who tried to kill your father, are now all bosses of Japanese car companies? I think not, they're retired, so it must be their sons and/or daughters who are the bosses/workers.

Thus, your father is showing misdirected hatred towards Japanese who had NOTHING to do with WW2 .

Again, I know old people are stubborn and everyone can choose whatever brand they buy, but its still wrong to hate the Japanese for something 'some' of them did 50 years ago.

(and please don't start listing any economic about the Japanese issues here now)
Old 08-12-2003 | 04:56 AM

1998 E55
In the UK German cars have over the last 20 years or so had the reputation for being solidley build and reliable. You would also expect a high level of service given this reputation and the price of the cars.

I bought a W210 E55 last year and got some spectacularly bad levels of service from the dealerships when some small things went wrong.

Whilst the sportier MB versions may be expected to go wrong more often we must surely expect a high level of service from the MB dealerships to resolve these problems.

I expect the same level of service as Japanese manufacturers as I pay more to buy the car and probably more for parts in the whole ownership experience.

If someone on this board has a problem with the service they receive we should not just dismiss them as whiners because we should all push MB to increase their build quality and levels of service to the level we would all expect.

In my case I found another local dealership whose levels of service is excellent. It has restored my faith in the MB brand but we need all dealerships to strive for this level of service.

In the UK I think MB has realised this and has reorganised the dealership structures recently. It needs to do this otherwise people will walk away from the MB brand.

We probably all bought E55s for their superb engineering and the joy of driving them. This is the most important factor for me but if the dealerships p*ss me off too much then my next car won't be a MB!

Just my £0.02!

Paul

PS My last car was a Japanese performance car (Subaru Impreza Turbo) and the car never went wrong and the level of service from the Subaru dealerships easily surpasses MB. If a Japanese company built a car equivalent to the E55 then I think a lot of people would be interested if (like me) you don't care about brand snobbery.
Old 08-12-2003 | 01:23 PM

w210 e55
Talking

You know, we are all really supporting the build up of the Fourth Reich war machine (or it may be the 5th Reich as in e55th Reich). Once Germany announces its new alliance with it's axis of evil partner Kim Jong II.

All of our vehicles are mini nuclear devices ready to blow at the beck and call of Kim Jong II and Arnold Schwartzneger (he's Austrian but what the hells the difference).

Kim Jong II is famous for buying loyalty from his cadres with cases of fine cognac, fast cars and beautiful women. The country already has an estimated 7,000 to 8,000 Mercedes-Benz cars, which Daimler-Benz helps keep running with periodic shipments of spare parts.

Forbes:
North Korea's "Dear Leader" reportedly buys Mercedes Benz cars by the dozen and is said to be one of the world's biggest importers of Hennessy's cognac. His 60th birthday, in April, is a national holiday, as is that of his father Kim Il-Sung who died in 1994. The 60th birthday is a benchmark event in the zodiac cycle, and festivities for the dictator will last from April to June.

http://www2.gol.com/users/coynerhm/nkorea_limos.htm

Old 08-12-2003 | 02:22 PM

E55
I agree Target01

Well said, UKPaulE55. Even the non-sporty Merc's seem to have problems.

I did not understand you, Driver55er. Did you say Hitler was Austrian? Arnold seems to be nce guy though.
Old 08-12-2003 | 02:27 PM

08 E320 Bluetec
Well my old man has been dead for 10 years so its rather moot. The Japs that build the cars are not responsible for what their dead reletives did 60 years ago.

Since I have been having so many problems with my E-55 I have looked at the Lexus... BOARING is all I have to say.

Besides the service girl at the MB dealership is pretty hot. So there is an upside to everything
Old 08-12-2003 | 02:51 PM

w210 e55
I am an avid fan of Arnold. He has been in my gym room watching over ever since I started working out.

I'm in amazement that a guy who could barely speak english transform into a huge hollywood star bringing in 25mil a year and then being a staunch republican marry into one of the largest richest democratic American families. Go Arnold, just don't make German or Korean the third language of California.

And I am not comparing Arnold with Adolf. But, I think Arnold's dad was in the "party".

And yes Hitler was Austrian.
April 20, 1889, he was born in the small Austrian village of Braunau Am Inn just across the border from German Bavaria.

And I still love my e55 but wish they would fix my trans.
Old 08-12-2003 | 03:17 PM

E55
Driver55er, I hope they fix it too!

Who is your dealer? And your buddy's?
Old 08-12-2003 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
skip all this other crap.....please post pics of this hot MB service girl!!!!!
Old 08-12-2003 | 04:37 PM

w210 e55
Old 08-12-2003 | 05:03 PM

w210 e55

oops this is what i meant.
Old 08-12-2003 | 05:04 PM

w210 e55
http://www.mercedesbenzfashionweek.com/perl/popup.pl?in=gottex&id=1&season=spring2003

Well that worked about as good as MB service

Try that
Old 08-12-2003 | 05:23 PM

Originally posted by Chip
Since I have been having so many problems with my E-55 I have looked at the Lexus... BOARING is all I have to say.

Besides the service girl at the MB dealership is pretty hot. So there is an upside to everything
Not that a lot of you will care but...

I'm a current, modified, Lexus owner who was considering an E55. With some mods the GS can be made quite a contender to the E55. I'm currently running with suspension, engine and wheel upgrades that make my ride far from boring. If a current E55 driver snoozes because of the sleeper looks he *will* lose.

PS: Depends on the dealership. Some of the Lexus service "girl"s, as you call them, are also pretty hot!

PPS: Even with the engine mods I've had no, read zero, problems with the car.

Back to regular scheduled programming.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w211 Where is the quality?!?!?!