Sponsored by:

What would you do???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E320 Bluetec
What would you do???

My E-55 is at the shop to fix the phone/radio vs. heat problem for the 5th time. I have to give the dealership a gold star for trying to fix it but I have little faith. What should I do?

Sell the car and buy a BMW.

Ask for my money back or another E-55 (Yeah right)

Call my lawyer.

I hate to be picky but one should be able to listen to the radio in a car that costs 85 grand!
Old 08-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
It is perfectly justified for you to be picky. If we didn't want to be picky, we could have bought a honda for 15 grand. We paid the several thousand more so that we could be picky.
If I were in your shoes, I would contact the MBUSA directly and tell them what is going on. Surely their engineers can pinpoint the problem so it can be fixed, otherwise a different car might not be a bad idea.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What would you do???

Originally posted by Chip
My E-55 is at the shop to fix the phone/radio vs. heat problem for the 5th time. I have to give the dealership a gold star for trying to fix it but I have little faith. What should I do?

Sell the car and buy a BMW.

Ask for my money back or another E-55 (Yeah right)

Call my lawyer.

I hate to be picky but one should be able to listen to the radio in a car that costs 85 grand!
Please dont tell us that you are going to buy the IS300 front and Kia rear BMW 5 series!!??

Yeah, call up the GM or the regional manager and see what they have to say.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:34 PM

'04 CLK500 Obsidian Black/Charcoal/Berry Red
I would try to get it fixed - the E55, in my opinion, is the most beautiful sedan ever built.

Otherwise check the Audi RS6, not such a bad 4-door either.

I'm not sure about the new M5. Don't get me wrong, the E39 was the real 'Freude am Fahren' . I really doubt, that Chris Bangle will be able to accomplish that with the E60 M5

Just my opinion...
Old 08-11-2003, 08:25 PM

08 E320 Bluetec
I don't think I'll buy a car the first year that they redesign it ever again, which rules out BMW-5 series. Hopefully they can fix this. Only 6 more weeks of hot weather and since there are no problems when the weathers cool, maybe I can live with it.

What a MESS!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a bit surprised by this as I haven't had the same problems and it's not exactly cool down here either although it isn't AZ hot.I've been in conditions between 95-105 and while the audio system locked up once, it came right back and hasn't been problematic since. Perhaps have them put in a cooling fan aimed at the gateway?