Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Alpina B7 xdrive
Looking to buy 07' e63 wagon

Hi all, looking to purchase an 07 e63 wagon
From mb manhattan.
Car has 37k with CPO
Car si clean but have not test drove it. Car looks very clean though. Weird, because missing the fender emblem??

What are thing i should look and worry?
Any advice will be appreciated!

Thx, ron
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
I listed that car in the wagon for sale thread last month https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...g-shot-22.html

Just make sure you have a good independent inspection, service records, ask for a VMI from the dealer to verify the service history.

I would not be worried about the fender badge delete, some owners "debadge" to make the car a bit more understated. Have a body shop run a digital paint meter over the car to check for any previous bodywork/paint or any major inconsistency between body panels.

If you are buying CPO that will add some value and piece of mind should you have any repairs come up in the future.

Check to see if air shocks have been replaced, common failure item. Also, check the rotor thickness of the front rotors. If they are close to being out of spec, you might request that they replace them as part of the sale. I have heard of dealers charging $2-$3k for new front rotors. You can get them on parts.com for @$750 per rotor if needed.

Good luck and let us know if you complete the purchase!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:20 PM

cb750
i saw/looking at this too.
new to the mb world...and am now obsessed with this e63 wagon model. i can't get over the 505hp+wagon combo!!

can members also chime in on what the going price may be for this year/mileage. i've seen a few 07's in the past week or so...

one on ebay in houston - didn't reach reserve on the last bid which was about 40k. that one was black w/cream interior.

another on ebay in nyc - the bid ended with no reserve at 38k...then suddenly relisted at 42k bin and with a reserve. it seems fishy cuz it sold on the original listing, yet showed up again relisted in a matter of days. hmm.
but regardless of mystery, the car looks (aesthetically) great. seems like private seller who is into selling cars (based on other items on his account).

the ebay one is very close in mileage of the one currently listed at the dealership. the dealership model is priced several K higher, assuming the extended warranty adds to that factor.

any opinions about going price for this model/year/mileage?
not doing well to convince wife to sell off our honda suv for this superwagon
tks!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
The general pricing is @$50k-$55k+ for 08-09 E63 add more for low miles, CPO, factory warranty, options, etc
The 07 E63's are trading around $35-to $45k depending on all the above (I did see a 130k mile 07 E63 wagon sell for @$22k)
The 05-06 E55s are going for mid twenties to mid thirties depending on the above criteria.

Basically with 346 W211 AMG wagons being built, you cant be too choosy on pricing if you find a car that fits your criteria (especially if you want a color other than black or silver)

Also, don't try to apply sedan pricing to the wagons, there is no comparison.

Buy the car because you want an AMG wagon, not because you think you can flip it for a buck or are buying an immediately appreciating asset (maybe down the road, but not now)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Here is some AMG wagon videos for you to peruse
http://www.youtube.com/user/AMGWagon?feature=mhee
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 PM

2012 Alpina B7 xdrive
yes, looks like all set with this and moving forward, looking to pickup on wednesday.
i was going to get the one on ebay ($38k), same color but with white alcantara headliner..mb rear entertainment? but he was selling it at $43900, no warranty as-is! car looks clean but dont know history, couple of dings here ad there and right rear door looks painted.

the one in mb manhattan is extremely clean.exterior and interior, plus its certified.
tideous inpection to get the CPO, just a piece of mind..
plus front rotors are brand new but rears arent. can replace later and im sure cost much less than front. airmatic is included on the CPO, but i will check if it was replaced recently.

im really bummed out that the fender badge is missing, but i guess i can always get one.

FASN8N: what do you mean about pricing on wagon vs sedan? i guess wagon cost more and rarer correct?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by RLe55
FASN8N: what do you mean about pricing on wagon vs sedan? i guess wagon cost more and rarer correct?
Congrats on the purchase!

Yes, some think the wagons should be close to the sedan pricing which is not true.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 AM

'99 ML320, '06 E55
yes, looks like all set with this and moving forward, looking to pickup on wednesday.
i was going to get the one on ebay ($38k), same color but with white alcantara headliner..mb rear entertainment? but he was selling it at $43900, no warranty as-is! car looks clean but dont know history, couple of dings here ad there and right rear door looks painted.

the one in mb manhattan is extremely clean.exterior and interior, plus its certified.
tideous inpection to get the CPO, just a piece of mind..
plus front rotors are brand new but rears arent. can replace later and im sure cost much less than front. airmatic is included on the CPO, but i will check if it was replaced recently.

im really bummed out that the fender badge is missing, but i guess i can always get one.

Estates r very rare indeed bro but I would say to shop around cuz I see plenty of E63's sedans for under 30K and E55 sedans for under 20K so w/ patience u should be able to find the estate for cheaper than what your seeing them go for now. Especially since that sexy *** new body E63 is a couple months away from dropping.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by BlueML99
Estates r very rare indeed bro but I would say to shop around cuz I see plenty of E63's sedans for under 30K and E55 sedans for under 20K so w/ patience u should be able to find the estate for cheaper than what your seeing them go for now. Especially since that sexy *** new body E63 is a couple months away from dropping.
BlueML, you will find almost any car will become cheaper the longer you wait. There were less than 350 W211 AMG wagons built over a 5 year period of time and it is not as easy as you think to find a good no stories well maintained car, it took me almost two years to find a white over black no stories estate. The last white car on this thread sold within a few hours of being listed...
Also, I don't think the newer E63 wagons will impact the w211 wagon pricing that much, since most W212s are trading for $90k+. When they get into the $40's, some may opt for the newer car.
I am not a fan of the newer wagon styling and view the W211 just like the 993 911 Porsche which over time have held their value better than the 996 version.

I still think that if you find the right wagon, buy it and don't screw around haggling on price. You can try and play the game, but if the car is nice, you will lose the deal and someone else will snap it up and then you get to play the waiting game again.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Audi BMW Ferrari MB & RR
you beat me to that car... congratulations!