Sponsored by:

Drive To Workshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E55 AMG
Drive To Workshop

So the other day on the VDO this message read something like, battery charge low conv. feat. temp. disabled......it went away after I started driving for like 10 minutes. Just yesterday i received a message saying, drive to workshop with a battery icon displayed. I went to my dealership and purchased a new battery and everything seemed fine. This morning I go to start my car and that damn message was back??? I dont know what to do at this point...is there a reset for the message that needs to be done?? Also I'm in NY the outside temp. is like 20F not sure if that plays a role. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Every year like clockwork, when the weather turns cold this type of question appears....

Two batteries....one in trunk, one in engine compartment near firewall. If you replaced the trunk battery and got the message a few days later, it's time to replace the other one too.

.....if the car has original batteries, they are both equally old. Mine both went bad at just about the same time (rear battery first) at the first sign of cold weather.

-G
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06' E55 AMG
F*ck the cold!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.....replaced the one in the trunk but not the one by the firewall. Made an apt. to bring it in for it's annual check up. Hopefully its just another battery...and not something bigger.