Sponsored by:

$10,00 over MSRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 07:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Originally posted by krispykrme
I do not know my exact MSRP yet. The contract stated $500+MSRP+$1500 special order charge ( i asked MB to give me a slight different interior, and minor trim change on the outside as well).

I will finalize my option list tomorrow and will have full MSRP by that time (i hope).
What are the changes that inccured the special charge? (the interior and trim mods if you dont mind sharing).
Old 08-27-2003, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Yea, I want to know what changes you can make also. I know you can order any paint color that is available in the factory your MB is built. So if its in the same factory as the S, CL, and SL you can order any of their colors. Is that it?
Old 08-27-2003, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally posted by norb
Yea, I want to know what changes you can make also. I know you can order any paint color that is available in the factory your MB is built. So if its in the same factory as the S, CL, and SL you can order any of their colors. Is that it?
Here is what i did.

1. even though my order is currently stating brillant silver, i wanted diamond silver (which i was told is gone from 2004 E55 color choice).

2. I also like to have a light green trim in side the car.

3. I also asked them to change the front grill with the mercedes mark. I also asked beshoff to order the car with out the hood mercedes mark (because its easy to get stolen and get damaged at the same time). So my hood will look more like a CLK.

4. In addition, i also asked all AMG and Kompressor marking to be removed from the car and give those to me.

The $1500 charge is for the 1st two line item, which i will find out today if its doable.

if not, the car is straight $500 over MSRP
Old 08-27-2003, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of the above
Hello, what about me?

larkave, don't pay over MSRP!

I sell MB and have been a member of MBworld for 2 years. I have supplied 3 MB world members with '03 E55s at MSRP. David Oh had his shipped to Ohio, RedBaron flew in and drove his back to New Mexico and Kevin C drove his back to Chicago. I currently have orders from MBworld members for a couple '04s (at MSRP).
I can still build one for you by year end.

We never sell new cars over MSRP.

P.S. I have spoken with our regional rep and he assures me that the 7-speed trans will not be in any AMG car in the forseeable future (definetly not in any '04s). The 7-speed trans is designed for greater fuel economy and unlike the 5-speed (especially after the AMG tweaks, it is not intended to deal with 500+ ft.lbs. of torque)