W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune add fuel to #8 ? Looped rails really the answer ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
What's funny is that, you got to call certain people to realize how they are, simply no bull crap, he's one of those guys

Give him a call and he will not steer you wrong bro
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Yeah I know and if I had a spare minute today I had planned on doing just that. I am quite certain he is a good guy and obviously knows his stuff but insults are uncalled for and really puts a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by dllhg
LOL After emailing a vendor about a few products and prices I just got an email from a "respected" sponser telling me I obviously "just want cheap and inferrior products on my car. Good luck hitting tens ! ".

I hadnt done or said anything to instigate this kind of response. Simply trying to stay within a budget and asked about prices. Since when is dropping $6K on parts before you get the car considred "cheap" ? I guess the majority of people just bend over since there arent a lot of choices. In all my time on forums over the many years I have never been talked to like that by a vendor no less. Even a Grand Prix forum never acted like that. Sure is a different way to go about getting sales.
I wouldn't buy from anyone who spoke to me like that, plus with that kind of attitude he much be so rich he doesn't need anymore business. These parts are not magic, some people have built of some of these vendors to "god" like status. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to just throw as much money as possible at something to achieve your goals, have a little patience and I think you'll find some good deals!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PACougar
I wouldn't buy from anyone who spoke to me like that, plus with that kind of attitude he much be so rich he doesn't need anymore business. These parts are not magic, some people have built of some of these vendors to "god" like status. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to just throw as much money as possible at something to achieve your goals, have a little patience and I think you'll find some good deals!

Thanks. I have done very well so far on the mods price wise. In fact I am virtually done ordering my rather large list finally.

I agree 100%. No need for that kind of attitude towards someone who is shopping around. Would be no different than if someone walked in to a car dealer and asked about pricing. A sales man wouldnt tell them to get lost and that they just want some cheap POS car so dont bother me anymore
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks. I have done very well so far on the mods price wise. In fact I am virtually done ordering my rather large list finally.

I agree 100%. No need for that kind of attitude towards someone who is shopping around. Would be no different than if someone walked in to a car dealer and asked about pricing. A sales man wouldnt tell them to get lost and that they just want some cheap POS car so dont bother me anymore

You haven't been here long enough to know all of the history but I'm sure if you keep reading the archives the response you got will make more sense...

My suspicion in the simplest terms is that he just doesn't want his name (or his products) associated with this build... Not everyone believes that trying to build a "budget 10-second AMG" is a great idea. If I were you I'd look past the insult you didn't like, and understand the context of what he is saying....

$5000 for a parts budget isn't going to take you very far on the AMG platform.... And if you don't do your own labor (which it sounds like you don't) then it buys you even less.... Sometimes you can find deals on parts but it still an impossible task to build a complete 10-second car for $5000 in parts. I watched your own list go to $7500 in a hurry...

There are companies that will kiss you in the ear and promise you the moon while selling you heavily discounted parts (cough, FTP, cough) If that type of validation is important to you, go for it...... But you won't end up with a 10-second car either.

"Mr. Insult" has built more 10-second cars and personally made more 10-second passes with the E55 than anyone else here. Spend a little time thinking about that.... He knows what works and what doesn't.... And he knows what it costs to go fast with total reliability. The fact that he doesn't want to be associated with your build should serve as a warning to slow down and get the details right.

-G
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Greg is so straight forward but yes, that's why I said yesterday that it will be another 2-4k before he's done
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Yes he has lots of fast cars. I didnt push any BS his way at all. Was trying to push some money his way but I guess I asked for too many prices Everyone loves you when you are pushing money their way ... reminds me of certain kinds of girls. Some are just nice others need to be paid to be nice. After being talked to like that thought I would never buy a thing from him nor would I recommend anyone to. Not a good practice at all. I highly doubt he treats people like that in real life. Internet often times brings out the worst in people.
If you are speaking about Bruce (TTM), he is one of the most honest and knowledgeable guys on this platform. I spoke to him a while ago about my plans and he was very patient and professional with me, and told me exactly what he would do if it was his car. In the end, he discouraged me from buying his parts because he felt they were not needed at the time.

Given your goals, there are a few vendors here that could help you, but very few with more knowledge and success than Bruce.

You could also give Serge @ Benzworks a call....
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by GregMB
You haven't been here long enough to know all of the history but I'm sure if you keep reading the archives the response you got will make more sense...

My suspicion in the simplest terms is that he just doesn't want his name (or his products) associated with this build... Not everyone believes that trying to build a "budget 10-second AMG" is a great idea. If I were you I'd look past the insult you didn't like, and understand the context of what he is saying....

$5000 for a parts budget isn't going to take you very far on the AMG platform.... And if you don't do your own labor (which it sounds like you don't) then it buys you even less.... Sometimes you can find deals on parts but it still an impossible task to build a complete 10-second car for $5000 in parts. I watched your own list go to $7500 in a hurry...

There are companies that will kiss you in the ear and promise you the moon while selling you heavily discounted parts (cough, FTP, cough) If that type of validation is important to you, go for it...... But you won't end up with a 10-second car either.

"Mr. Insult" has built more 10-second cars and personally made more 10-second passes with the E55 than anyone else here. Spend a little time thinking about that.... He knows what works and what doesn't.... And he knows what it costs to go fast with total reliability. The fact that he doesn't want to be associated with your build should serve as a warning to slow down and get the details right.

-G
I disagree with this. I don't care if this person can help me build a 6 second car, the comment is disrespectful and I will not pay a vendor to be treated this way, even if it means my car will be slower. I could care less, I rather see him lose business. I think what the OP is doing is totally understandable in searching for the best bang for the buck, no need to insult what he's trying to do.

I don't know if it's Bruce or not and if it is I have talked to him before and he was nice to me so I can't complain but if he talked to me in the way he talked to the OP ( assuming it was him ) I would not do business with him no matter what he can do for me.

I don't expect pampering from a vendor, but I expect respect.

Last edited by GT-ER; 02-20-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Shifter
Factory training. Granted on this platform was many years ago and I'm going by memory but pretty sure of myself.
Hmm...anywhere I can read on this? It just doesn't make sense to me for it to activate time based. I mean, why after 5 seconds or so?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
I disagree with this. I don't care if this person can help me build a 6 second car, the comment is disrespectful and I will not pay a vendor to be treated this way, even if it means my car will be slower. I could care less, I rather see him lose business. I think what the OP is doing is totally understandable in searching for the best bang for the buck, no need to insult what he's trying to do.

I don't know if it's Bruce or not and if it is I have talked to him before and he was nice to me so I can't complain but if he talked to me in the way he talked to the OP ( assuming it was him ) I would not do business with him no matter what he can do for me.

I don't expect pampering from a vendor, but I expect respect.

I disagree with your disagree...

Maybe I'm just old-school and not a part of the whole "trophies for everyone" generation, but if a guy with a LOT of knowledge and experience tells me I'm being stupid I take that as a HUGE hint and use that opportunity to consider a new point of view.

Keep in mind this guy is in New York.... A place where people are notorious for being..... how can I say this?..... Direct. If you are misinformed, he's going to tell you and probably not with a lot of flowers and unicorns sprinkled on top.

Ultimately I have a lot more respect for someone who is willing to tell me when I'm being an idiot than I do for someone who strokes my ego just to sell me some parts.

-G
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
It's been well documented what parts are needed to run 10s. The cheaper you can do it, the more power to you. Find a tuner you are comfortable with, and go for it. I find it pretty silly for a company to turn away business/ be disrespectful to a customer. At the end of the day without the customer you wouldn't be in business too long. Luckily there are a variety of vendors on the site. Check out Buckhead Imports, they also do fuel rails. Good luck with your goal.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc

Maybe I'm just old-school and not a part of the whole "trophies for everyone" generation, but if a guy with a LOT of knowledge and experience tells me I'm being stupid I take that as a HUGE hint and use that opportunity to consider a new point of view.

Keep in mind this guy is in New York.... A place where people are notorious for being..... how can I say this?..... Direct. If you are misinformed, he's going to tell you and probably not with a lot of flowers and unicorns sprinkled on top.

Ultimately I have a lot more respect for someone who is willing to tell me when I'm being an idiot than I do for someone who strokes my ego just to sell me some parts.

-G
agreed. If it is Bruce you would better off calling him, and you would see his passion for these cars and sing a different tune
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
On another note, many many guys on here whether got in the 10s or not have spoken to Bruce for his info and knowledge, even some shops, so he deserves respect
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Treat others as you wish to be treated. Pretty simple. The funny thing is I've been a so called "nut swinger". Hypocrite? I think so.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I spoke to Bruce earlier, he didnt treat him bad

stop trying to stir up crap
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG

-G
What I mean is that I'm not someone that is competeing with anyone, I can see how what you are saying would be fine in such a case.

I don't need the vendor to treat me like a princess, but I don't feel like sponsoring someone that feels like I'm an idiot.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
I obviously "just want cheap and inferrior products on my car. Good luck hitting tens ! ".

Since when is dropping $6K on parts before you get the car considred "cheap" ?
After reading over this again I would suggest that you call him and straighten it out because I can't see him saying that you're cheap. I can see him saying that if you want "parts" cheap then he wouldn't be able to help you so good luck in your quest for 10's :-) You can read a email two ways which is way I asked you to call him.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
(cough, FTP, cough)
You might want to get that checked out it could be a hernia.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
as HD said

he called me this am, and thats exactly it

he cant help you if you want to get parts for cheap although he does work with you on pricing when buying packages

Last edited by Hulk; 02-20-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Hmm...anywhere I can read on this? It just doesn't make sense to me for it to activate time based. I mean, why after 5 seconds or so?
Let me do some research and get back to ya.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the input. I cant see why someone wouldnt want to be associated with it. I am not putting a single part on my car that is substandard unless I am missing something. Unless it is the EC headers or EC TB maybe ? Seem like good products to me. Got the same exact pulley kit he sells. The cooling system should be as good as anything else out there. Planned on having it tuned by a very reputable tuner for these cars and has lots of guys running 10 seconds with these kinds of mods and even one who had Kleemans. I didnt opt to buy his looped rail after I researched it some more and talked to a lot of people about it. Looks nice but doesnt seem to really do much more than a stock rail. Several people PM me stating they had them flow benched and it was no better. That is the only thing I can think of he is acting butt hurt about. Maybe he only wants his name on cars that have a $10K TTM mod list FYI my parts list is still under $6K I can do a lot of the work myself, I prefer not to anymore. I liked bloody knuckles when I was younger, now not so much.

-G

Last edited by dllhg; 02-21-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
After reading over this again I would suggest that you call him and straighten it out because I can't see him saying that you're cheap. I can see him saying that if you want "parts" cheap then he wouldn't be able to help you so good luck in your quest for 10's :-) You can read a email two ways which is way I asked you to call him.
You know you are right. I can be sensitive and perhaps that is all it was. If that is the case I apologize. He might not take my call now though . I wish I had called him but have only had time mostly late at night to work on this project .

Anyway here is what I sent on last email and his reply. After reading it again it still seems pretty harsh. Didnt even get a price. You are right about the NY thing though. My wife is from there and I married her anyway !

"Hello, I was told you might have a 185mm pulley kit for w211? Anything used ? Whats the best price you can do on one ?

Thanks"

response;

"I don't sell used parts and I don't sell inferior and cheap parts which is what you are looking for. Good luck in your quest for 10's. :-)

PS I have more E55's in the 10's than any other tuner in the game. In fact the fastest TTM E55 has 31 out of 36 runs in the 10's."

Last edited by dllhg; 02-21-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
What's so bad about that bro, honestly?
I even told you that a used pulley is a bad idea unless you know for Sure 110% it's ok

I think you should call him because you will realize he knows more than anyone here, anyway good luck
Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hulk
What's so bad about that bro, honestly?
I even told you that a used pulley is a bad idea unless you know for Sure 110% it's ok

I think you should call him because you will realize he knows more than anyone here, anyway good luck

Well telling a potential customer they are only looking for cheap and inferior products when they simply asked about pricing is a bit out in left field IMO. I sold computers on Ebay for 15 years and I never once talked to a person like that. A person asked me for cheaper parts it is very simple to reply "no I dont have that but I do offer this and X amount of $" Pretty straight forward. No reason to start throwing what 99% of people would consider an insult out there. Its like asking a girl out on a date and telling her to get lost when she asks where you are taking her. I am sure he is a really nice guy in person or on the phone as everyone else has said. Needs to work on his E-skills if selling on the internet.

FYI I got a new ASP pulley kit from the classified and saved about $200 . New EC Headers for $1700 and new EC 82mm TB kit for $900. Just to name a few. It does pay to shop around.

Last edited by dllhg; 02-21-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Well telling a potential customer they are only looking for cheap and inferior products when they simply asked about pricing is a bit out in left field IMO. I sold computers on Ebay for 15 years and I never once talked to a person like that. A person asked me for cheaper parts it is very simple to reply "no I dont have that but I do offer this and X amount of $" Pretty straight forward. No reason to start throwing what 99% of people would consider an insult out there. Its like asking a girl out on a date and telling her to get lost when she asks where you are taking her. I am sure he is a really nice guy in person or on the phone as everyone else has said. Needs to work on his E-skills if selling on the internet.

FYI I got a new ASP pulley kit from the classified and saved about $200 . New EC Headers for $1700 and new EC 82mm TB kit for $900. Just to name a few. It does pay to shop around.
The 185 pulley kit that you bought is different from the one that he sells. To my knowledge and someone correct me if i'm wrong but there are 3 types of 185mm pulley kits. There's the ASP 185mm that you can get straight from ASP (or Shardul) there's the EC 185mm pulley (that is made by ASP for EC not sure if they use OEM hub) then there's the 185mm that TTM sells it's an ASP 185mm but the outer ring is aluminum (lighter mass) that's some where north of $1200 (dont quote me on that price) but I do know its more than the ASP 185 due to the extra work with the outer ring.

With the history of bad pulley's bro I would NEVER buy a used one (gotten burned in the past..thx benzaddict) unless it comes off a car that you know...example I would only by a used pulley if it came from Alan's car (Bassn07) or Mike's car (Mikesamg). Bruce knows the history of bad pulleys or pulley's with issue so therefore I would think that he would never sell you one even if he had it and I think that's what he meant by saying that you're looking for "cheap parts" he just says "cheap parts" or he could've said "parts cheap" either way its the same thing.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 02-21-2013 at 07:27 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tune add fuel to #8 ? Looped rails really the answer ?