Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
That's fair
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 AMG
I believe AMS said they can do it just need some more time, it takes time to fine tune product like that. No shop will shut down everything just to work on one thing, their time line looks totally fair to me
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
......I saw this, but didn't think it was serious. I'd prefer the conversation to be on the open forum, so that for me and for the tuner there will be no he said, she said. The content of the legal contract will also be on the open forum. It's best out in the open because there has been too much bs regarding this issue.

.......AMS have pulled out and they did this on the open forum. I thank them for stepping up on the open forum and admitting they are unable to do it. What I urge now, is for them once and forever, stop the talking.

......also I want to be clear, I don't think this is impossible to do. I just think we in the Mercedes Benz world with possible exception of kleemann, Brabus and perhaps renntech, we don't have the same caliber of tuners as other car makes. We just have tuners that talk a good game. Enough with the bs!

Ted
I think the time constraints are a cop-out!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
AMS did not back out, they just know that a "one off" project like this will likely take more than 8 weeks. Ted if you are serious, and you want the job done right, then you would have to understand that converting to a turbo platform would take more like 3+ months if you want significant drive-ability testing & tuning. In addition to building the turbo setup (easy part), the shop will need to rebuild your motor properly, which will take at least 6 weeks (ordering parts, making parts, machining, etc.).

If you cannot "find" anyone that will accept your challenge, let me know and I know a race shop here in Socal that will do the work and then send the car to EC for tuning. That said, they feel it will take at least 12 - 14 weeks, depending upon how much time you want put into the tune.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I think Ted said 8 weeks or so because we all know there will be a delay, so it will likely be 16 weeks or so, now if someone says 20 weeks, you know that will be delayed too and at the end of the day Ted gave away 20k and his car and is basically waiting, his thing of having everything is open forum is great because it protects everyone involved so there is no funny business
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
I don't think he's asking for the engine to be built, in fact it would be a waste since all it needed to make was 600rwhp to satisfy the customer.

Originally Posted by cij911
AMS did not back out, they just know that a "one off" project like this will likely take more than 8 weeks. Ted if you are serious, and you want the job done right, then you would have to understand that converting to a turbo platform would take more like 3+ months if you want significant drive-ability testing & tuning. In addition to building the turbo setup (easy part), the shop will need to rebuild your motor properly, which will take at least 6 weeks (ordering parts, making parts, machining, etc.).

If you cannot "find" anyone that will accept your challenge, let me know and I know a race shop here in Socal that will do the work and then send the car to EC for tuning. That said, they feel it will take at least 12 - 14 weeks, depending upon how much time you want put into the tune.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
A TT build is already in progress... check the other thread
Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Well if Ted would keep his promise and actually get with AMS on that build, we can have ourself a little build-off challenge
IPS/eurocharged vs AMS
Ill watch that all day!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
It would be like AMS GTRs vs UGR Gallardos haha, that would be sweet, seeing two twin turbo E55s battling it out.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
Ted, nobody is backing out I am just being real in stating that your timeline does not work for us. To be honest it's unrealistic as even if we shut our shop down to do this project (talk about a horrible business decision) we would have difficulty getting it done. Making power is easy but fine tuning a car to drive like stock takes some time. You post seems a bit brash throwing out the "bs" comments. Do you truthfully believe we haven't the skillset to do it? We just built a VERY complex twin turbo kit for the v10 r8 and we tuned it on the stock ECU in house www.alphaperformance.com and we have built thousands of high hp cars over the past 12 years. If you do not want to to do I understand but please don't question out ability when you have no direct experience with us. Our president is still interested in doing this to his E55 so I guess we will have to wait for that to happen.

Eric
Old 02-23-2013, 02:11 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Take mine E55
Ill give you IOU for the cash
Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
Ted, nobody is backing out I am just being real in stating that your timeline does not work for us. To be honest it's unrealistic as even if we shut our shop down to do this project (talk about a horrible business decision) we would have difficulty getting it done. Making power is easy but fine tuning a car to drive like stock takes some time. You post seems a bit brash throwing out the "bs" comments. Do you truthfully believe we haven't the skillset to do it? We just built a VERY complex twin turbo kit for the v10 r8 and we tuned it on the stock ECU in house www.alphaperformance.com and we have built thousands of high hp cars over the past 12 years. If you do not want to to do I understand but please don't question out ability when you have no direct experience with us. Our president is still interested in doing this to his E55 so I guess we will have to wait for that to happen.

Eric

.......honestly, this is getting irritating. I said what I said and will back it up.if the terms are not acceptable to you, no problem. Move on. What this is not about us another thread for tuner wannabes to tout non existent capabilities. This was supposed to end the bs.

...........you can always build a tt E55 some other way, but the request is that, until you actually, actually, actually do and have the car dynoed and running without hiccups, stop talking!

Ted

Last edited by Ted Baldwin; 02-23-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Guys I'll give a tuner and E55 and 1 million dollars to build me a turbo it, but it has to be done in 1 day and run perfectly without any problems what so ever. If it doesn't turn out perfect I get my money back and and we part ways. Who's willing to step up. Don't ask for more time the what I've set forth already.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
Ted, are you saying AMS is a "tuner wannabe" ?

So because we cannot meet your "terms" you say it can't be done? Why don't you pm me and maybe we can work out a compromise. I don't know where all this animosity is coming from but I am merely trying to work with you. The hostility and condescending tone I think is unwarranted.

Eric
Old 02-23-2013, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
Ted, are you saying AMS is a "tuner wannabe" ?

So because we cannot meet your "terms" you say it can't be done? Why don't you pm me and maybe we can work out a compromise. I don't know where all this animosity is coming from but I am merely trying to work with you. The hostility and condescending tone I think is unwarranted.

Eric
Can you guys step up to my challenge? I think 1 day is plenty of time for 1 million dollars. I know I don't do what you do for a living, but I'm still sure I know you can do it
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.......honestly, this is getting irritating. I said what I said and will back it up.if the terms are not acceptable to you, no problem. Move on. What this is not about us another thread for tuner wannabes to tout non existent capabilities. This was supposed to end the bs.

...........you can always build a tt E55 some other way, but the request is that, until you actually, actually, actually do and have the car dynoed and running without hiccups, stop talking!

Ted
I think you negativity is getting irritating. Obviously another company is already doing it anyways. Plus what is "drivable" to you might not be the same to them so it seems your looking for a way out anyways. $20k to do a 1 off turbo kit plus tuning it to be just like stock AND make 600hp on a dyno dynamics isn't going to be done in 8 weeks. That's why you made the challenge duh. If you were as serious as you said then give a reasonable timeline and its doable. Also $20,000 for a one off twin turbo kit with tuning and having to make a complete new manifold doesn't leave much room for profit when your doing it right.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Ted B basically got called out and now wants to back away....If you were willing to spend $20K to have it done, and want it done right, then send your car to either IPS, AMS, or take me up on my offer...If you just want to throw a challenge to have something done in 8 weeks, very few great shops will want your business (but you of course know this)....

All this internet banter started when one member asked if it had been done, another said it could not be done, and now we have at least one car in process and another pending ....
Old 02-23-2013, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by PACougar
Guys I'll give a tuner and E55 and 1 million dollars to build me a turbo it, but it has to be done in 1 day and run perfectly without any problems what so ever. If it doesn't turn out perfect I get my money back and and we part ways. Who's willing to step up. Don't ask for more time the what I've set forth already.

Baaaaaahaaaaa! Exactly. Put out an offer and put some stupid time constraint so you know no one will take you up on it. Get a life Teddy. Do you want to turbo your 300ce!

Last edited by emoving; 02-23-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emoving
Baaaaaahaaaaa! Exactly. Put out an offer and put some stupid time constraint so you know no one will take you up on it. Get a life Teddy. Do you want to turbo your 300ce!
I think it's totally fair I mean it's a whole day!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Exactly. I wasn't trying to be an A-hole but come on. If you make it with a short time frame plus a bunch of stipulations that you know can't be met then its pointless and stupid.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
OK I will take you up on that offer ....

Bring / ship the car to Norco and arrange for its return transportation. We will mock everything up on my car, so it is just install and tune can be completed in 24 hours . I would like East West Escrow to hold the funds and either they or my friends at WSGR will draw up the contract .

Not sure why AMS did not offer Teddy the same ....
Old 02-23-2013, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK I will take you up on that offer ....

Bring / ship the car to Norco and arrange for its return transportation. We will mock everything up on my car, so it is just install and tune can be completed in 24 hours . I would like East West Escrow to hold the funds and either they or my friends at WSGR will draw up the contract .

Not sure why AMS did not offer Teddy the same ....
Ok, but if it doesn't run exactly how I feel it should I hold the right to void the build. Now don't take this as me trying to make excuses and back out of my claim, but if you do figure away around that I'll have some other demands that'll need to be met. Think of it like a moving target, you just need to be really good with your aim
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Ok, but if it doesn't run exactly how I feel it should I hold the right to void the build. Now don't take this as me trying to make excuses and back out of my claim, but if you do figure away around that I'll have some other demands that'll need to be met. Think of it like a moving target, you just need to be really good with your aim
Oh so you want me to have WSGR write a subjective contract ehhhh....I think I will pass and let you keep your million bucks...

Now that we are back to reality, what do you think IPS will do with fueling ?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh so you want me to have WSGR write a subjective contract ehhhh....I think I will pass and let you keep your million bucks...

That's a good question, the nice thing is once you get rid of the SC there's a lot more freedom to do what ever you want on the rail side. I'm thinking a boost a pump to supplement the factory setup or retro in some Walbro's into the tank. The good thing is without the SC sucking down HP to make HP, it'll take less fuel to achieve the same power to the wheels.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat

There are plenty of corns here in Ohio

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbo E55 anyone?