TCU-Tune question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG W211 - sold, CLS 500 C219, E63S AMG W212
TCU-Tune question

I got an German TCU-Tune.
The Car is reving till 6.800rpm but the gearchance from 2nd to 3rd by wot is hard And I'm loosing Time.
Wich tcu-tune do you have And would it fix my Problem?
Are there Some vids of tcu-tuned Cars?

Thank you
Old 03-10-2013, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Go with the EC TCU tune, have not read/heard of one unimpressed member with their tune.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
The changes should be harder since they are increasing line pressure to the shift solenoids for firmer/quicker shifts. Don't know what you mean by you are losing time though.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG W211 - sold, CLS 500 C219, E63S AMG W212
We were taking the Time with an Performance-/Driftbox to messure the Time from 100km/h-200km/h.
The Car really accelerate Hard but the gearchance really Need Time And er compared to an Stock e55 which does Shift at 6.500rpm but it does it Not so Hard And quicker.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
Concur with PearlPower, go with the EC TCU Tune, just did mine and all I can say is WOW.. Huge difference over stock, car not only shifts quicker but stays in the right gear.. Love it, that along with the Quaiffe might just be my best mods to date..
Old 03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
I have a tcu tune and with my car personally think revving out farther hurts it. I would like to have the lower shift rpm. You may have an issue with the time of shifts like you are saying (but that is kind of the whole point of tcu tune (to shift faster), but I wonder if you are also maybe experiencing heat soak issues revving out farther in the gear and with the car losing power in that extra rpm your time is going down.

The reason I say that is because my car letting it shift in drive and shift at 6800rpm would run slower times then me putting it in manual and shifting at like 6400rpm at the drag strip. My time decreased and mph went up shifting the car earlier myself. I have seen on the dyno before that my car would lose power after 6000rpm so I think with the power tapering off for all those rpms it was hurting me more than when the car would shift earlier and stay in the powerband better.

This could differ from one car to the next obviously depending on tune or how well your cooling system works, your weather conditions, etc but for me the higher rpm shifts definitely without a doubt hurt me.

I also spoke to someone else who has ran very fast 1/4 times who has a tcu tune and he also said with his car it goes faster shifting it himself earlier than letting it rev out so far.

I think the tcu tunes should only adjust the torque limiting stuff and the line pressures for the shift solenoids but leave the rpm shift point alone.

Do a test yourself and shift in manual earlier and see if your times improve.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Is there a chance you're hitting the rev limiter? I hit when I go to 6800 in the same shift.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I have a tcu tune and with my car personally think revving out farther hurts it. I would like to have the lower shift rpm. You may have an issue with the time of shifts like you are saying (but that is kind of the whole point of tcu tune (to shift faster), but I wonder if you are also maybe experiencing heat soak issues revving out farther in the gear and with the car losing power in that extra rpm your time is going down.

The reason I say that is because my car letting it shift in drive and shift at 6800rpm would run slower times then me putting it in manual and shifting at like 6400rpm at the drag strip. My time decreased and mph went up shifting the car earlier myself. I have seen on the dyno before that my car would lose power after 6000rpm so I think with the power tapering off for all those rpms it was hurting me more than when the car would shift earlier and stay in the powerband better.

This could differ from one car to the next obviously depending on tune or how well your cooling system works, your weather conditions, etc but for me the higher rpm shifts definitely without a doubt hurt me.

I also spoke to someone else who has ran very fast 1/4 times who has a tcu tune and he also said with his car it goes faster shifting it himself earlier than letting it rev out so far.

I think the tcu tunes should only adjust the torque limiting stuff and the line pressures for the shift solenoids but leave the rpm shift point alone.

Do a test yourself and shift in manual earlier and see if your times improve.
I agree with this.

My car has a EC TCU tune and its one of my favorite mods. Yes longer rpms will hurt times if cooling is not sufficent. I never let the car shift on its own. I always shift it around 62-6400rpms while street racing. At the track I shift at 6900rpms only because of the meth I have.However the shifts are very fast. And shifting manualy, that makes a big difference.

You can hear the shifts in this vid. I was out of meth which is why I was shifting early (around 6100). Turn it up.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55, 07 ML500
RedBull... Your a Wolf in sheeps clothing... Luv it...