Battery Drainage / Electrical Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Battery Drainage / Electrical Issues?

Hey guys,

I've never really had any issues with my battery or anything but the other day I came out of the house to turn on my car and noticed the cluster was red and said something like "REDUCED BRAKING POWER START ENGINE" and the clock was going all crazy. Turned out my battery was drained and I had roadside assistance give me a jump. I had to go somewhere so I didn't worry about it much... car started perfectly fine the next morning.

About 6 hours later.. I go out to the car and same issue as above happened. I couldn't understand how the battery didn't die overnight but it died in 6 hours. The car also had a weird burn kind of smell in the cabin. Had to get a jump again to get home, and the car again started perfectly fine the next morning. I should probably add that my dynamic seat (drivers side) isn't doing anything anymore... the light comes on but no inflation or pulsing or any of that.

Anyone come across this weird issue? I'm gonna go by one of the forum members place to use their STAR to see if I can pull anything up. I did check the battery voltage in the cluster and the readings are normal.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
I wanted to add that both dynamic seats don't work. The bolsters don't inflate, pulse, or adjust at all. Does anyone know where the fuse / relay is for this?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Most likely cause is faulty voltage regulator. At least a good suspect.