W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EuroFlash v2.0... Help configuring the datalogging?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
EuroFlash v2.0... Help configuring the datalogging?

I'm just getting familiar with the new software and can't seem to get the datalogging to work.

What are the steps to initialize a datalogging session? I went to the "Vehicle Info" tab and hit connect to populate the fields there through the OBD port (which works perfectly) but when I go to the datalogging area and hit "Start Recording" I just get an error message about VIN not found or not valid.

Jerry mentioned something about using a tune file (.EUC file) to get the necessary data for logging, but at this pont he hasn't provided me with a tune file for this software. The only one I've got is the one I pulled off the ECU when I first attached my laptop. (.EIU format that i sent to Jerry for tuning changes later on) Could this be the problem? Do I need to load an .EUC version of my current tune to allow the datalogging to function properly? I was previously tuned on a MyGenius handheld if that matters.

I'd appreciate any tips. I'm trying to datalog this weekend before my car goes in for mods next week.....trying to get some "before" data on IATs, max boost psi ,etc.

Thanks!

-G
Old 06-01-2013, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
The way I did it which worked was to populate the vehicle input field, put NA for order number if you cannot find yours, then submit this file. Once Jerry gets this he will send you a datalog file.

Once you receive this, go to reflash performance, load the file Jerry sent you.

Now you should be able to data log.

Last edited by pearlpower; 06-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Correct, you need a separate "data logging" file to load just like you would load your tune. You will need to load that file every time you want to datalog. That file is what people would be paying for to unlock the logging portion of the new software, unless Jerry changed something and is just giving it away now? I know a few people did get the file before Jerry was finished with how he wanted the data logging to work, but believe there will be a cost for it when it was complete which I am sure is done by now.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
What you are saying makes sense,EC quoted me $100 for the data logging portion of the software. I already have their tune w/ free retunes. Apparently I also need them to remote in on my laptop and change some settings.

Last edited by E55Greasemonkey; 06-01-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
What you are saying makes sense,EC quoted me $100 for the data logging portion of the software. I already have their tune w/ free retunes. Apparently I also need them to remote in on my laptop and change some settings.
Good info.

I think those guys are running the half-mile event this weekend so this will probably have to wait...

-G
Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 W211 E55
Hi

I had no dramas loading the .euc performance file into my cars ecu.
I was having the exact same issue with data logging as GregMB though. I emailed Jerry and got a reply a few minutes ago and from what I understand when you goto datalog you still need to use the "Select File" button and choose the .euc file but don't push the Standard or Performance tune tab and go straight to the data logging tab and choose that and it should work with a bit of luck...

I will be testing this in about 24 hours from now so will let you know if it in fact does work for me. My fingers are crossed.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 06-21-2013, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You are on the right path.

Select the file, then go to the datalog tab.

The "start logging", "stop logging" and "start recording" are a bit confusing... If you click them in the wrong order your datalog won't be saved to a .csv file

-G
Old 06-21-2013, 06:52 PM

03 W211 E55
Hi

And what exactly is the procedure whilst data logging? Do you have instructions to do certain speeds or rpm or do you have to drive around for a few minutes at all different accelerations and speeds etc?

Is their any chance the car battery might go flat and it best to be near a battery charger in case the cars battery goes flat as is the case for some people when downloading the .ecu file into the cars ecu?

If I have to datalog at different speeds and rpm I am thinking maybe I need to find some quiet back streets in a factory area late at night to datalog.

Regards.

OZZYAMG
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'06 E55
Originally Posted by OZZYAMG
Hi

And what exactly is the procedure whilst data logging? Do you have instructions to do certain speeds or rpm or do you have to drive around for a few minutes at all different accelerations and speeds etc?

Is their any chance the car battery might go flat and it best to be near a battery charger in case the cars battery goes flat as is the case for some people when downloading the .ecu file into the cars ecu?

If I have to datalog at different speeds and rpm I am thinking maybe I need to find some quiet back streets in a factory area late at night to datalog.

Regards.

OZZYAMG
You can data log just idling in your driveway. Just connect to the obd, go to vehicle info and then click connect. After that is done, go to the vehicle reflash tab and browse to and select your ecu file from Eurocharge. You should now be able to go to the datalogging tab and launch it. Check the boxes of what you want to log and click the start logging tab. To record, just click the record tab to start and stop recording. This is from memory so it may be off a word or two, but should get you going.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:11 PM

03 W211 E55
Hi

Thanks 1970gsx for your awesome post. I really want to datalog with my car in drive and at all different rpms and boost. Would you know how long we can datalog for, I mean is their a maximum time limit?

regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 PM

'06 E55
Hi

Thanks 1970gsx for your awesome post. I really want to datalog with my car in drive and at all different rpms and boost. Would you know how long we can datalog for, I mean is their a maximum time limit?

regards,

OZZYAMG
Live datalogging should be infinite. I would think recording would be until your pc ran out of disc space i would think. I have only recorded enough for a couple blast down my "test track".
Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi

regards,

OZZYAMG

I did a quick calculation based on sampling at roughly 2 seconds per interval (what I observed in my own testing) and with a theoretical limit of 65,536 rows in the Excel file it builds... It's something like 36 continuous hours of logging. Way more than you could even get from driving on a full tank of fuel...

Shouldn't be a limiting factor for anyone.

-G
Old 06-21-2013, 10:30 PM

03 W211 E55
Hi

I wonder how long we should ultimately datalog for? Should we drive softly/moderately and 100% acceleration and use quiet roads and highways and should we do a full drag run as well from like 0 to say 120 miles per hour?

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 PM

03 W211 E55
Hi

I just got back after spending about 30 minutes trying to datalog. I was able to select my .euc file but my datalogging tab still remains light grey and does not work. Can anybody else give me some advice as I would like to do it today but don't want to hassle Jerry at Eurocharged too much as he is on vacation at the moment and my car is really running ok!

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 06-22-2013, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
I will datalog mine this week...
Old 06-22-2013, 07:16 AM

'06 E55
Hi

I just got back after spending about 30 minutes trying to datalog. I was able to select my .euc file but my datalogging tab still remains light grey and does not work. Can anybody else give me some advice as I would like to do it today but don't want to hassle Jerry at Eurocharged too much as he is on vacation at the moment and my car is really running ok!

Regards,

OZZYAMG
It only works if you've updated to the latest version of Euroflash. Right click the Euroflash icon and run as administrator, click on the 'help' tab, and check for and install the latest version.

Last edited by 1970gsx; 06-22-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi

Regards,

OZZYAMG
It sounds like your software might not have datalogging features enabled. I saw someone mention that it was going to be a $100 upgrade fee above and beyond the typical $399 tune/software pricing. When you go to the Datalogging tab do you see the checkboxes for which attributes you want to log? Can you actually select them, or are they all greyed out?

Once you select your attributes, select "start logging" and start the engine you should see the attributes on the screen with values populating and changing every couple of seconds even as you just sit there idling. If you don't see activity on the screen, you aren't actually reading OBD data so you aren't going to have any data in a datalog.

Jerry/Jake promised me some additional information about the datalogging software, and how best to collect useful logs for them. I am planning to write up another DIY article specifically for the datalogging once I get that information from them.

-G
Old 06-22-2013, 07:41 AM

03 W211 E55
Originally Posted by 1970gsx
It only works if you've updated to the latest version of Euroflash. Right click the Euroflash icon and run as administrator, click on the 'help' tab, and check for and install the latest version.
Hi

I just did this 1 minute ago and AWESOME it worked. I now have a lot of extra information viewable in the "Vehicle Errors" tab such as:

MIL ON/CATALYST/EVAP/2ND AIR SYS/O2 SYS/O2 HEATER/EGR etc.

Their is also a full page of attributes that I can choose to log in the datalogging screen which I could never see before...COOL!

And the best part is my "datalogging" tab is black and ready to work, all I need to do is connect the cable and communicate with my car. Something of interest is the datalogging tab looks ready to work even though I haven't chosen the .euc file under the "Select File" tab. Should I still select the .euc file before I attempt to datalog?, if I don't select the .euc file which file/tune is it going to datalog if it is only connected to my car?

I will do some datalogging in about 15 hours from now...I am so excited.

To: GregMB....I am hanging out to read your DIY for datalogging on these forums. Thanks guys for all your help.

Regards,

OZZYAMG

Last edited by OZZYAMG; 06-22-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Datalogging functionality is embedded in the .EUC file not the EuoFlash software itself.

Typically for a cold start, new session I would do the following steps.

1. Connect cable, key in ignition position 2, launch the software
2. Look for the green connectivity light in the software, then start the car
3. Go to the vehicle tab and hit connect to populate the VIN and other fields
4. Go the update tune tab and select the EUC file
5. Go to the datalog tab, select your checkboxes and hit "start logging".... You should see the values in the various cells updating and changing dynamically as the car runs.

-G
Old 06-22-2013, 07:59 AM

03 W211 E55
Originally Posted by GregMB
Datalogging functionality is embedded in the .EUC file not the EuoFlash software itself.
Hi

I agree with that, but it must need a later version of Euro Flash V2 software than what I had on my pc because it seriously looks like it will work now OR the original time my Euro Flash V2 software installed it didn't install correctly.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 06-22-2013, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
so i tried to do it today but i failed........ i plugged everything right. At first i didnt select my tune file that Jerry had send me, so it didnt work than i remembered you guys talking about doing so here so i did than, it connected and i got this... see pic below

after that it wouldn't work again it says could not connect to the DME... so i tried i tried nothing, i called EuroCharged like 10 times and they never answered their phone, i dont understand why is it so hard to get a hold of them during businesses hours.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That first picture shows you are ready to start logging. You just had to go drive, hit the "start recording" button and start ripping on it then when you let off hit the button again which will say "stop recording" and you will have a log ready to view. The second pic I am not sure, maybe you should have just closed the program and started over?

As for the shop not answering, I think Jerry is currently on vacation according to Pete in his twin turbo thread who is waiting for him to come back and start tuning soon, not sure about Adam who should be at the shop though I would think and not sure who else may be there.

Oh and with all those boxes checked to do a log you are going to get a terrible log. The car is so slow to update data and the more blocks you choose to log the worse your log is going to get. I haven't tried it like that but it is already only like every 500rpm with just 3 parameters logging so you may only get an update every 800rpm or something crazy on your log.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi

I agree with that, but it must need a later version of Euro Flash V2 software than what I had on my pc because it seriously looks like it will work now OR the original time my Euro Flash V2 software installed it didn't install correctly.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
You have to load the "datalogging" file like you are loading a performance file to flash to the car or the software will get an error and not connect to work for datalogging. You have to do this every time you want to datalog.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
That first picture shows you are ready to start logging. You just had to go drive, hit the "start recording" button and start ripping on it then when you let off hit the button again which will say "stop recording" and you will have a log ready to view. The second pic I am not sure, maybe you should have just closed the program and started over?

As for the shop not answering, I think Jerry is currently on vacation according to Pete in his twin turbo thread who is waiting for him to come back and start tuning soon, not sure about Adam who should be at the shop though I would think and not sure who else may be there.

Oh and with all those boxes checked to do a log you are going to get a terrible log. The car is so slow to update data and the more blocks you choose to log the worse your log is going to get. I haven't tried it like that but it is already only like every 500rpm with just 3 parameters logging so you may only get an update every 800rpm or something crazy on your log.
thanks david, so which ones should i check would you say??? am trying to figure out my issue with the car at 1500-2000rpm jerking its annoying and embarrassing..
everything was working but it says cant connect to DME and i would hit start loging start recording it wouldnt do anything
Old 06-22-2013, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't know what you would want to log for that issue but I kind of think you might have a vacuum leak and I know you have taken your surge tanks, throttle body and stuff apart at least once so maybe you have a bad seal on something (silicone couplers or messed up gasket causing the vacuum issue to make the car surge around at the low rpms being jerky.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EuroFlash v2.0... Help configuring the datalogging?