Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NYC pothole 1 tire 0 (Rim ok)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NYC pothole 1 tire 0 (Rim ok)

I have 19' AMG's, today my left front hit a monster city pothole, I was sure the rim was seriously bent, to my surprise, I only lost the tire (small bump on sidewall, no flat), the rim has no visible damage. I am very impressed with the strength of AMG rims, I have had similar incidents with other brands and all have bent or cracked, I could careless about a little extra weight, these rims are great looking and strong.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THAT is good to know. I've been paranoid about driving over anything or hitting bumps or potholes... still, dishing out $300 to replace a brand new tire sucks!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Rave, once, I was driving on a side road off of the highway and to my surprise the asphalt was cut out for a diameter of 2 meters in width and 2.5 meters in length with no warnings or nothing - Ofcourse, I could not do anything to avoid it - I was going around 50 KM/H - I went in and out and thought all my rims are bent and tires are gone now!! Well, my steering went out of alignment but both the rims (AMG 18" 5spokers) and conti's were fine!!! the dealer did a steering wheel alignment and voila.. I confirm the AMG wheels are of great quality.