Sponsored by:

modding progress...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
modding progress...

Hello W211'ers. I have had my 2008 E63 for almost a month and I have a CF godhand lip and custom CF rear diffuser sitting in my garage right now. Ideally I would like to have the car lowered before getting wheels so I won't run into fitment issues. I also have also been reading through a lot of threads about lowering and am deciding between lowering links and STAR lowering. I have a question that I am hoping the forum can help me with.

It seems like those who have links love them, just like those who are lowered by STAR loves it also.

Is there anyone who has tried both methods and if so, which method did you stay with? Thanks and Happy 4th everyone TC
Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
They pretty much do the same thing in the end. One reprograms the computer, and the other tricks it into reprogramming itself.

Mine is done through STAR and I love it. Id love to switch to coil overs to save the weight but dammit if this isn't one of the best riding cars I've ever driven, even lowered on 20" wheels.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Star DAS only lowers so much. Links will lower more. ELM works better and some can change ride height on the go.

Gus83 (E63 also)was star lowered on Vossens. Then he decided to install links on top of the star lowering. The car slammed nice and the only time it would rub was in Sport2 on a higher speed turn. He never chose one or the other. And sold the car a few weeks ago. I'll ask him his .02.