Need some help with parts please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG
Need some help with parts please!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to the Mercedes world. I used to own an E46 M3 but now am the proud owner of a 2007 E63 AMG! I gotta say, it is an awesome car! I do have a few questions regarding parts and maybe you guys can lead me to the right direction. My car is all white with a tan interior. I'd like to take off all the chrome parts on my car meaning the chrome trim on the rear bumper the chrome 6.3 liter sign on the sides, basically anything chrome on the exterior of the car. Can someone please post the links to DIY and as well as some online stores I can order a front grill that looks like the newer grills with the mercedes sign in the middle of it, in black preferably. I'd greatly appreciate this help. I intend to changing from chrome to black on anything that is chrome outside. I'd like to make it a black and white car. Please help!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by m.robel20
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to the Mercedes world. I used to own an E46 M3 but now am the proud owner of a 2007 E63 AMG! I gotta say, it is an awesome car! I do have a few questions regarding parts and maybe you guys can lead me to the right direction. My car is all white with a tan interior. I'd like to take off all the chrome parts on my car meaning the chrome trim on the rear bumper the chrome 6.3 liter sign on the sides, basically anything chrome on the exterior of the car. Can someone please post the links to DIY and as well as some online stores I can order a front grill that looks like the newer grills with the mercedes sign in the middle of it, in black preferably. I'd greatly appreciate this help. I intend to changing from chrome to black on anything that is chrome outside. I'd like to make it a black and white car. Please help!
Welcome

chrome trim on the rear bumper
--No firsthand knowledge, but you will most likely have to take the bumper off to access the trim

chrome 6.3 liter sign on the sides

order a front grill that looks like the newer grills with the mercedes sign in the middle of it, in black preferably.

It is ugly, but this is about as close as you will get
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-GRILLE-BLACK-FOR-2007-09-MERCEDES-W211-E-CLASS-/160456492812?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item255bf3c70c&vxp=mtr