Sponsored by:

Incredible difference (mounts)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
Incredible difference (mounts)

Not too long ago I was looking at c63's and e63's and e55's then bought a 2008 Lexus gs450h I loved the car but every time I beat on it it went into like a cool down safety mode for a period of time then was all good again. Well one morning I found a killer deal down the street from me literally 10 miles on a pewter 211 with pano insanely well maintained not a mark anywhere I was impressed long story short I bought the car, the next day I figured out my gas tank leaked so I called the dealer explained the situation they basically told me get ****ed I stole the car as is. Luckily for me I own an automotive service shop and it cost me 20 dollars or so for a seal and my time and I fixed it. The very next day I discover my IC pump is also malfunctioning so I jump on amazon and get the Bosch 010 few days later install it And all is good again. When I bought the car the rotors had a slight lip to them (still do) so when I brake it shakes a little bit figured ah well warped rotors...blew it off...after changing my oil ac belt and accessory belt one day I decided to really look over the car. I did put it on a lift real quick before buying but never dropped the pans or anything. Anyways I discovered both motor mounts to be steadily leaking and both front thrust arm bushings to be ripped. So I order thrust arms left and right, both motor mounts and a transmission mount just because. A month goes by and today my birthday lol I finally get time to go up to the shop by myself and install everything. All I can say is wtf was I thinking waiting a month all shakes, clinks, vibrations, etc are gone! The car is s class smooth its incredible, just the other day I was looking at 63's again contemplating trading in the 55 but holy moly am I happy. It's incredible power is a ton smoother and feels as I'm getting it to the ground a lot more too. Point is if you haven't done these items and have over say 75k on your 55 do them! I got everything from DP parts USA (Deutsche Parts) they are oem quality and 1/4 price. Now it's time to put my supercharged clk55 back together (bumpers are off) and sell her and buy a 63

Last edited by Redw20855amg; 09-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG

Last edited by MAN55LE; 02-19-2014 at 11:38 PM.