SRS Wire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
SRS Wire

Hello,

New 05 E55 AMG owner here. Just purchased and the sea warning light is on and the seatbelt shows as off. The problem has turned off and back on a couple times which leads me to believe its a loose connection.

I unbolted the seat and turned it over to see if I could see a loose wire but nothing.

I've attached some pictures to see if someone can point out which wire goes to the SRS sensor so I can look more closely at that one specifically.

I've searched but only found some pictures on a w210 write-up that doesn't look the same as my seat.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tb3jwh3ivgjol48/SPEHtqb8yG
Old 10-08-2013, 08:23 AM

E55 AMG
Can anyone tell? I really don't want to take it to the dealership.

I thought it was the red, white, and brown plug on the left side rail but realized there are actually (4) red, white, and brown plugs on that group of plugs and they all go to 4 separate pump type things. That made me believe its not on that left rail. Other than that I have no clue.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:49 AM

2006 E55
Posting the actual SRS trouble code will get you farther here. Also, the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor that has a very specific process of calibrating the weight sensors and should be performed after you remove/install the passenger seat.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by 3BNick
Posting the actual SRS trouble code will get you farther here. Also, the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor that has a very specific process of calibrating the weight sensors and should be performed after you remove/install the passenger seat.
I assume this means going to the dealership? Or can I pull up on dash?

Also, when I purchased, the code was read and was confirmed as the SRS sensor inside the passenger seat. I believe it to be a loose or frayed wire as the error goes on and off intermittently. That is why if I knew which wire it was I could at least verify it's not something simple before forking out the cash to read a code again or worse have the dealership fix.

Also, I'll likely purchase an emulator if it is in fact the sensor so knowing the wire is necessary for this.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
I have a couple wiring harness' for the seats. PM me if you need any. Ill discount it for MBW members
Old 10-12-2013, 09:17 AM

E55 AMG
Can anyone confirm this is the correct sensor for the passenger occupancy sensory on a 2005 E55 AMG?

The listing states this is the case, however, there is another listing that has different model numbers that also state it is for an E55 AMG.

I still haven't found the correct wire, however, I plan to remove the seat completely and see if anything stands out to me. I ordered sensor cleaner that I will spray on every plug, after unclipping, while the seat is out. If that doesn't work then I will be ordering the sensor.

Thanks

Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 AM

E55 AMG
Can anyone confirm this part number? I'm about to tackle this project and need to make sure I order the correct part.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
E55(gone), Tesla Model S P90DL, MB GL 450
I'm having this same problem. Started right after I got a stereo system installed. I asked the shop and they shrugged their shoulders. I think a wire came loose somewhere but I can't figure out where!?!? Sometimes it goes away for a while and when someone is in the passenger seat, it comes on and add every few seconds. Severely annoying.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
First off , that is the srs control module. Your wasting your time and also money by throwing parts at it. Better off taking to the dealer to get a proper diagnosis. If you can't afford the hour or so of diag, sell the car.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:17 PM

Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
I can sell you a sensor simulation device with instructions for install it simulates the weight sensing system in the seat to turn off the warning light without disabling the system, otherwise you will be removing leather to get to and replace the sensor....pm me for details
Old 11-27-2013, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Take the car to the dealer or an indy with a SDS systems to pull the code. This will save you time and money. Don't start throwing money/part at it until you know what is wrong. I just went through a similiar process when I swapped out seats for 2008 E63 front seats. In my case, the passenger airbag sensor needed to be calibrated for weight. And yes, it was a tedious lil project that required approx 100# of exact weight distributed on the passenger seat.

FYI, those yellow plugs are SRS related.