W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

new AMG commercial???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2003 | 09:39 PM

1988 560SL (Sold)
new AMG commercial???

Have you seen this God-Awful, GM-class commercial yet? I assume it's new because I watch enough sports and news on TV to see most everything in this target market.

It starts with a woman trying to beat back this monster who is terrorizing her house, ala the Capital One commercial of the "high-interest rate monster". Finally, she drives it back into the garage, and then into the engine compartment of the E55/AMG, and reminds her husband that he forgot to lock the car again. He then drives it with all the intelligence of a Pontiac commercial, hammering it in reverse out of the garage, pulls a 180 in the circular drive, and then flies into the street. It's bad enough when Pontiac commercials compare themselves to Lexus and BMW, but when a MB commercial makes me think of Pontiac . . . Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Let's pretend for a moment that I someday will be able to afford this car (on my teacher's salary!) This commercial is so repulsive, I would change my mind. It seems that it is aimed at a completely different market than MB has tried to hit before, and it is not an improvement.

Let me know what you think.

Tim