Parts warranty Benz dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
Parts warranty Benz dealer

So I put in a new OEM Benz fuel pump in my SL55 won't even mention the price ,a week later it's making a high pitch noise that comes and goes ,it's working fine however I don't like the noise ,to me it's the beginning of the end,I have a computer that let's me turn it on with engine off and it's definitely a weird noise ,reminds me of when the dentist cleans your teeth with that sonic wave tool or whatever it is, so I inquire about warranty ,mind you I have an account at the dealer and get a lot of parts there and know all the guys.im told and get this,for them to warranty the part. THEY have to install the new pump ,labor is covered WTF ? I don't know about you guys but I don't feel comfortable with that one ,I guess it's my OCD about someone else working on the car and then going on the " test drive " car has a lot of mods and I don't want it abused at least not by anyone but me.just seems strange less then a week old and they won't just let me bring that one back and get me another.they know I have my own shop
Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
It's a $100 part, isn't it? Not earthshattering expensive.

The warranty part sounds ridiculous, though.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55
Usually when we by Mercedes Benz parts from the dealer. You just verify the part is bad and take it to the dealership they will able verify it and they will replace it under warranty. But you have to have installed in the car and they will diagnose verify and replace. They want to make sure is installed correctly
Old 11-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by groove66
Usually when we by Mercedes Benz parts from the dealer. You just verify the part is bad and take it to the dealership they will able verify it and they will replace it under warranty. But you have to have installed in the car and they will diagnose verify and replace. They want to make sure is installed correctly
Whats to stop them from saying that you ****ed it up and back tracking? I've had this issue multiple times and the latest one was saying that washers were specific to each fuel injector (BMW).
Old 11-06-2013, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 e55
With us, our shop has a pretty good reputation with the local dealers and we know the service advisers so it helps. And we always make sure we use everything from them to cover our asses. I guess it's all on the relationship you have with your dealership and service advisors