W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Ran a 700hp CTS-V w/ just pulley and EC tune...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2013 | 11:08 PM

E55 AMG
Ran a 700hp CTS-V w/ just pulley and EC tune...

In my neighborhood I have had a few run ins with the local riff raff. They being a new Jaguar XK-R, RS6's, M5's and a couple Porsches etc. Today I ran into a CTS-V that I've seen around. This by no means was a clean run it was at a stoplight we got through the intersection and hit it. My car pulled hard about 3-4 cars lengths by that time we were at 60-70 and both got off it and went our separate ways. On the way back I ran into the guy and talked for a sec. Said his car starts in second and has a problem with wheel spin. For a half *** race it was nice to feel the car pull hard with DUBs minor mods and impeccable maintenance which I think helps. The car has Eurocharged S/C pulley and tune, colder NGK's, 010 pump and K&Nz. Going to dyno car in Valley tomorrow I know on a longer run if dude managed to hooked up he would probably get me but a race is a race if you can't hook up even with more power you lose...

Last edited by rios; 12-26-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2013 | 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Congrats, but if he had 700 whp, you should have been smoked....CTS-Vs are very easy / cheap to make really fast.
Old 12-27-2013 | 01:27 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cij911
Congrats, but if he had 700 whp, you should have been smoked....CTS-Vs are very easy / cheap to make really fast.
The guy said 700hp not rwhp/whp. We didn't get out and discuss specifics so who knows what he had. Do you know if those cars start out in second gear or was that BS for the sub par performance for a fast car? I have no delusions as to how fast those things are and complimented him on the car. Suffice to say dude said he was going to be selling it because of gas mileage I think..
Old 12-27-2013 | 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.
Old 12-27-2013 | 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Good kill bro! I love beating up on those things too, they are a dime a dozen down here. In the end, it is just a GM!
Old 12-27-2013 | 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by rios
Do you know if those cars start out in second gear or was that BS for the sub par performance for a fast car?
Our comfort mode starts out in second gear, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Caddy has something along the same lines for mileage savings.
Old 12-27-2013 | 09:35 AM

W212 E63 AMG S Model
Waiting for all the CTS-V boys on the forum to come in...
Old 12-27-2013 | 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
LOL. That is all.
Old 12-27-2013 | 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Good kill bro! I love beating up on those things too, they are a dime a dozen down here. In the end, it is just a GM!
Old 12-27-2013 | 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by efiftyfizzle
Waiting for all the CTS-V boys on the forum to come in...
I just imagined a bunch of Vs and AMGs pulling up in a parking lot and everyone jumping out with bats and chains
Old 12-27-2013 | 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Come on Craig, you must be running the basically stock ones in your modded to the gills gutted E! And hey, at the end of the day isn't the Benz "just a Chrysler?"

Don't be a hater, especially when you are a Ford fan! Lol

Oh and I can say the member "AMG E Power" can chime in on an event of running a less than 700hp V in his E that made 500.

Last edited by urbamworm; 12-27-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-27-2013 | 10:21 AM

E55
URB with the 55 there are always reports of engines blowing up when they get modded ,any cts-v that have blown up?
Old 12-27-2013 | 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pretty rare, there have been people with issues but it is generally more toward engines that have been messed with, not just basic bolt on cars making in upward of 600whp which is very easy to do on just 93 octane. Transmission is more of a concern than engine and that doesn't really become a concern until deep in the 600s with many running in the 700s and a replacement tranny directly from dealer is like $2k, not a crushing blow to the wallet and guys have them last beating the bejesus out of them as long as you have a good tranny tune and this is with 700 at the wheels. A few have had a problem with snapping a shaft losing 4th, 5th and 6th in the autos when in the 600s from hard downshifts but far more run just fine, that could partially be back to the tranny tune. Engine is generally good for 800, some running more than that on nitrous.

In all honesty, I think anyone who talks negatively about a V is just being ignorant. They drive nice, the interior is nice and they are reliable, then of course the performance market is there to go as high as your heart desires with relative ease. Looks of exterior are subjective, some people love the CLS and I personally don't like the looks of them, same can be said for any car where some think the V is ugly while others think the chiseled sharp lines are sick looking.

I like the looks of my E slightly better than my V but that is also partly because the E is white which I wish I had for the V and then E has the nice 20s on it which transforms the look of the car also. Interior I like in both cars and then the V has a little more tech going on partly since it is newer.

Last edited by urbamworm; 12-27-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2013 | 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Come on Craig, you must be running the basically stock ones in your modded to the gills gutted E! And hey, at the end of the day isn't the Benz "just a Chrysler?"

Oh and I can say the member "AMG E Power" can chime in on an event of running a less than 700hp V in his E that made 500.
My car is full weight on the street with a 100lb sub/custom box in the trunk, along with a full 10lb bottle in the cabin. Not sure what they had as they were not organized runs, but they at least had exhaust and a louder than stock blower whine. It was rape, several times over as there was a pack of them going to C&O.

Now you are right, when I go to the track, I put her in track trim, so I can run as fast as I possibly can.
Old 12-27-2013 | 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Interior I like in both cars and then the V has a little more tech going on partly since it is newer.
Until you look up and see that headliner out of an Aveo Not to mention all the plastic. They are also rattle traps compared to Mercs.

The Mercedes is just a better made car. The fit, finish, and quality of construction just blows Caddy out of the water. I own an Escalade, by the way, so I do know what I'm talking about. Sure, the V does have a killer aftermarket, but that's because it uses a Corvette/Camaro drive train, and there are trillions of those on the roads.

I guess the V vs AMG debates are inevitable as they are very similar vehicles. It really reminds me of AK47 vs M16 arguments on gun forums . Both are great, but are better in different ways than the other.
Old 12-27-2013 | 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
I can chine in Davids V gave me my first lost haha it was expected , if I remember correctly he is making 675whp ! We did a 40 roll with a clean start and everything was in my favor being my car was cooled down and he had been running on the dyno for awhile I got the hit and was ahead until about 95mph (I got wheel spin but, I think he got it worse lol ) next thing I know his V comes roaring past and I shut down at 120 and he was a good 3-4 cars on me. Inclusion there is maybe 5 e55 that could hang in the 1/4 mile but at the end of the day the V is just faster. Like I said before u guys should appreciate the V after all it is a blown V8. We know it's not on par with a Mercedes interior wise but after all that's why he has both.
We will have to run them again it was fun !
Old 12-27-2013 | 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by G_Money
Until you look up and see that headliner out of an Aveo Not to mention all the plastic. They are also rattle traps compared to Mercs.

The Mercedes is just a better made car. The fit, finish, and quality of construction just blows Caddy out of the water. I own an Escalade, by the way, so I do know what I'm talking about. Sure, the V does have a killer aftermarket, but that's because it uses a Corvette/Camaro drive train, and there are trillions of those on the roads.

I guess the V vs AMG debates are inevitable as they are very similar vehicles. It really reminds me of AK47 vs M16 arguments on gun forums . Both are great, but are better in different ways than the other.
Funny you mention headliner, since my E currently has a broken pano sunshade, that is build quality right there! And for what it is worth, I think the headliner in the V is identical to what was in my Audi, it was older but still, they are known for nice interiors. If you want to talk about a ****ty interior the old gen 1 CTS-V was absolute garbage but the newer one is entirely different. The new one might not be top tier but it definitely isn't junk by any stretch.

Last edited by urbamworm; 12-27-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-27-2013 | 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
The guy said 700hp not rwhp/whp. We didn't get out and discuss specifics so who knows what he had. Do you know if those cars start out in second gear or was that BS for the sub par performance for a fast car? I have no delusions as to how fast those things are and complimented him on the car. Suffice to say dude said he was going to be selling it because of gas mileage I think..
Yes, a V will start in 2nd gear if you leave it in drive. Moving the shifter over to the right will put in Sport mode.

From a dig a modded V makes to much torque to hook up on the street unless he had drag radials.

....but congrats on the win.
Old 12-27-2013 | 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Good run ! IMO, the V is 8 years newer technology and cost more than double of E55 today. V is faster but 55 still hanging doing well !
Old 12-27-2013 | 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate

Pffft...Your V is slow David.
Old 12-27-2013 | 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Pffft...Your V is slow David.
Relatively speaking, yes it is. I wish it would run 150 in the 1/4
Old 12-27-2013 | 06:26 PM

E55 AMG
Cool Exactly Dave

Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Good run ! IMO, the V is 8 years newer technology and cost more than double of E55 today. V is faster but 55 still hanging doing well !
This is exactly why I posted . To have a car that you can pick up, mildly modify pretty easily and tear up MOST cars on the road is beyond belief. I'm 37, grew up with a 1987 Mustang 5.0 back in 1994. For me it's bang for the buck on a car your gonna mess with. NOW, if I crapped dough I still wouldn't get a CTS, even with the V... Ugly car looks like a dung Beatle but it's fast... I guess that's why I got the Sig Sauer Equinox and not just the P220 lol
Old 12-27-2013 | 06:43 PM

E55 AMG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PetroC63
Yes, a V will start in 2nd gear if you leave it in drive. Moving the shifter over to the right will put in Sport mode.

From a dig a modded V makes to much torque to hook up on the street unless he had drag radials.

....but congrats on the win.
Thanks for the answer Petro. At the end of the day I give those cars props big time. I think Chevy had a great blue-print to improve on... Later I plan on getting E63TT can't imagine where all these cars will be when I get one. Like everyone, AMG is getting rid of the V8 and V12 engines over the next few years. The guy at AMG said the new E's get an even smaller TT V8 than what's in it now down the line..
Old 12-27-2013 | 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 ford lightning
chawkins it must sound like a night club in your car with those speakers.
Old 12-27-2013 | 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ugly car looks like a dung Beatle but it's fast...
LOL, a bit harsh don't you think?

I think I can honestly say I get just as many people staring at the V while they drive down the road with me or while parked somewhere and wanting to ask questions about the V if not more than when I am in the E55.

I personally think my E55 is more flashy than the V but it draws just as much attention and this is even when the engine isn't running so they don't hear that cam lope.

I did have a guy yesterday at the gas station tell me "that thing doesn't sound to good" after I got out to pump gas lol. He said does it need some new mufflers and I told him it is supposed to sound like that, it has a cam and headers and exhaust and that it is basically a supercharged Corvette engine.

He was like "in a Cadillac?" Dude was clueless as he ironically filled up his brand new Chevy truck and then went on to say "it must get bad gas mileage ha?" I then told him it gets 20mpg on the highway running about 80, he then told me his truck did that too like I cared and went on to say how it drops 4 cylinders while cruising, I told him mine does it on all 8. I then jumped in and left.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ran a 700hp CTS-V w/ just pulley and EC tune...