Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55. 14 LR2, 14 C63 coupe edition 507, 15 Maserati ghibli s q4
Unhappy 06 E55 Alignment problem...

Hello,

I just got my HRE P40 20" wheels...
soon as i got wheels and tires i did alignment.
I drove 2000mile and tires are wearing on the inside.
rear tires are really bed...

What can i do?? Please help me.....

thanks.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM

BMW M5 + E55 AMG
Did you get an alignment print out?

If you just got an alignment 2000 miles ago and the bushings are fine, I have a feeling whoever did the job totally messed up.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Just as an FYI these cars have negative camber stock.

If you are lowered it'll be worse. For mine, it took 3 trips to the dealer to get it in the acceptable range lol

Third time they got it right because my car is in "ROW" rest of the world setting hence the car sits lower compared

to North American settings (had to tell them this).

The values are different for the computer (not sure about technical stuff) but after this

alignment I could actually leave the steering on the highway and the car would remain and go straight

If the wheel size isn't right or according to "specs" could throw it off too. (that's what i've heard)
Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,489 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Is your car lowered?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55, Audi S4
Need to get an alignment report. Keep the negative camber less than 2 deg (you can check this in your driveway with a plumb-bob and taper measure) and make sure that the toe settings are 0 deg.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:24 AM

06 E55. 14 LR2, 14 C63 coupe edition 507, 15 Maserati ghibli s q4
Thank you for all your help guys!!
My car is totally stock and no mods...
I guess shop did great job i checked alignment report it was same as what i got with stock rims before.(my car is almost 90k miles now)
should i try different shop?? I live in Emeryville CA any recommends??

thanks.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:10 AM
SPONSOR

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Did you get an alignment print out?

If you just got an alignment 2000 miles ago and the bushings are fine, I have a feeling whoever did the job totally messed up.

Ex-factory there is only front and rear Toe adjustment for virtually all Mercedes 1968 to current models (and same with Chrysler Crossfire and 300C etc).

We saw the need and were the very first company to manufacture precisely adjustable front Camber and Caster bushing kits with twice the adjustment range of the basic one setting offset bolts.

Then for the rear, K-MAC Camber adjuster kits, which have the advantage (unlike upper adjustable arms/DIY kits) of not moving the top of the tire outwards when adjusting to resolve premature inner edge wear - which is an important factor to prevent tires scuffing outer fenders if wide profile tires/rims fitted.

Another advantage with K-MAC rear kits - unlike spherical bearings used in these upper arm kits, there is no harsh metal to metal contact and 20 years of the proven design - there’s certainly no squeaks.

Also all K-MAC rear Camber adjusters include extra Toe adjustment which is essential to compensate accurately for the new Camber facility!

The K-MAC patented design front kits replace the 4 main suspension bushes - the unique 2 axis/self aligning design also doubles the load bearing area thereby increasing wear life and also steering and braking response.

Similar design is used for the 4 main rear K-MAC bushings.

Result is precise single wrench front and rear (ongoing) adjustment to return vehicle to factory specs to improve traction, compensate for steering pull, costly inner edge tire wear through altering height, fitting wide profile tires, load carrying, curb-knock damage and/or the advantage of being able to alter specs, improve lap times on track days and with genuine K-MAC you also do not need to purchase special fitting tools.

Product confidence with K-MAC is further assured by our total, ongoing commitment to motor racing – all out 10/10ths competition testing keeps K-MAC products always at the forefront re cutting edge technology, proven strength and durability.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:24 AM

BMW M5 + E55 AMG
... The same copy and paste message by KMac in another alignment thread.

Lulz.