W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-MAC rear bushings installed. My first impressions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:25 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Try Me
...put the new K-mac rears in again for the second time.. I'm lowered as well, with over 650RWH. They can't handle the massive torque, they act like gummy bears after a while.
Wow 650 at the rear wheels – what is the engine putting out?

Certainly not the bushings re “Gummy bears”. K-MAC bush design has twice the load bearing area than OEM and has been in production/proven since 1993.

The problem with so much horsepower is the AMG rear ‘alloy’ arms.

Our challenge here was to design rear Camber mounts to duplicate steel in strength and we have done it with the current rear kits!

At K-MAC as a manufacturer we do take a lot of flak.... but it is to be expected when continually designing, inventing new products that allow alignment/adjustments where none have existed before (whole lot better than sitting on the fence.... and doing nothing flawlessly).

List of some of the many K-MAC patented inventions:
  • Adjustable ball joint for wishbone suspensions– now the industry standard for wheel alignment
  • All positional aperature adjuster for strut suspensions – providing the biggest (and quickest) adjustment system
  • Precise, single wrench adjustment for bushings – eliminating the previous need for labour intensive bush removal each time a setting needs to be changed
  • Popular 2 bolt flange struts – eliminating the need for undersize, weakened crank bolts – and non slip with 3 times the adjustment range
  • 2005-16 Mustang – front Camber and Caster strut top adjusters where no strut removal to change settings
  • 2010-15 Camaro – front Camber and Caster strut top adjusters where no drilling to install (or strut removal to change settings)
It’s all about filling an important need with today’s autos only having front and rear Toe adjustment or tire rotation!

No Caster adjustment to correctly resolve steering pull, no Camber adjustment to change tire contact angle if altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels or simply the facility for “ongoing adjustment capability” to resolve curb knock damage.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:00 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Try Me
I agree, had them a few years ago, the owner of K-mac was nice enough to send me an updated set after i complained about the first gen ones I bought, so I took the stock ones back out, now for the second time, put the new K-mac rears in again for the second time, used them for 2 months them took them back out and put the stock ones back in for the third time, I'm lowered as well, with over 650RWH. They can't handle the massive torque, they act like gummy bears after a while.
Um I find it hard to believe a 55k is making this amount of power consistently & maintaining it
Oh do share on how you have managed it ?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Non yet :(
I'm looking at correcting my camber as my car is lowered with STAR. Have these K-MAC bushing issues been resolved yet? What about the issues with the UPD set?

If so, for the K-MAC is there a new part number?
Old 08-16-2018, 12:54 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Yes in 2016 we re-designed the rear Camber mounts so even if extreme horsepower the mount method now duplicates steel re strength.

The saying "anything and everything can be improved" .... certainly applies when it comes to suspension components.

At K-MAC it is ongoing - another design breakthrough was the invention of a method to provide a 100% fail safe lock system.

Where it is impossible for a nut even in the most hostile under car conditions to loosen.

Majority of today's lock nuts or spring washers depend on full tension and reverse teeth to secure. Otherwise looseness inevitably occurs.

Now with the K-MAC design it is impossible for a nut to inadvertently come loose!

Re correct part numbers - refer k-mac.com website. Also on front page is complete catalog to suit all Mercedes models from 1968 to 2018 that can be downloaded with page 5 having a quick reference guide.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Non yet :(
Thanks, I just ordered part 502526K