MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   Zeitronix ZT-2 issues - Need help (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/533593-zeitronix-zt-2-issues-need-help.html)

Kelvin07 03-07-2014 08:56 PM

Zeitronix ZT-2 issues - Need help

Hey guys,

Recently got the whole Dashdaq/ZT-2 bundle installed, but, I have run into a few issues:

1- AFR sensor is stuck on 21.0, it initially read the AFR mixture for about 20 seconds and then it went to 21.0, no matter what I do, it doesn't move.
I think it could be a faulty connector or the sensor is shot, what do you guys think?

2- I installed the ZT-2 IAT sensor, but I have no idea how to get the Zt-2 to read the temperature, I can't even find it on the ZT software by name, nothing says "IAT" or "Intake Temp" or something like that.

3-How do I change the value for the zeitronix boost on dashdaq? (I have the at-2 boost sensor), I wanna put it on PSI but it gives another value I never even knew existed...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Denroll 03-08-2014 12:26 AM

Are you running just the ZT-2 and one AFR sensor or do you have it paired with a ZT-3 to monitor both banks? I had a problem with one of mine always reading 21.0 and it turned out to be a broken sensor. The tip actually broke off. There's a "generic" Bosch part number that is the same sensor as what is used in Zeitronix setup and is half the price. I think I paid like $45 for my replacement one.

Temp sensor - Are you changing the "source" when you try to assign the temp to a gauge? Does it at least pull temp from OBDII?

Boost values... not sure on that one.

Denroll 03-08-2014 12:29 AM

Here's a link to that sensor on Amazon, $49.99. Part number is Bosch 17014

Kelvin07 03-08-2014 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Denroll (Post 5966866)
Are you running just the ZT-2 and one AFR sensor or do you have it paired with a ZT-3 to monitor both banks? I had a problem with one of mine always reading 21.0 and it turned out to be a broken sensor. The tip actually broke off. There's a "generic" Bosch part number that is the same sensor as what is used in Zeitronix setup and is half the price. I think I paid like $45 for my replacement one.

Temp sensor - Are you changing the "source" when you try to assign the temp to a gauge? Does it at least pull temp from OBDII?

Boost values... not sure on that one.

Just one AFR sensor, it read mixture for a few seconds and then it went dead/21.0. I already added the sensor to my amazon cart, thanks for that D! :D

When I want to measure IAT on the zeitronix software, I don't know which option to choose... :nix:, you know how you can add/delete from the right side column, well, I can recognize boost and AFR, but not IAT.

You see on this image in yellow, how can I add it?, I press "+" and I can't see it :(
http://www.zeitronix.com/images/dashdaq/LeanTune_DD.PNG

Boost values... well, on the dashdaq I have everything on the metric system, I think that's why I can't get PSI, I know it's possible to get the value on psi
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/1bdsrt/003-25.jpg

Kelvin07 03-08-2014 12:54 AM

Does the ZT-2 read RPM's?

Denroll 03-08-2014 01:17 AM

Yes, it does read rpm, but you will need to tap into one of the wires going to the ecu to get it.

On your DashDAQ, use those arrows to go to a screen with more gauges. Then just touch an empty one to add a signal. You can choose the source from there. If you pick ZT-2, it should show you all the signals from it.

Also, send Bramage a PM. He made a custom AMG skin for the DashDAQ.

Kelvin07 03-08-2014 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Denroll (Post 5966897)
Yes, it does read rpm, but you will need to tap into one of the wires going to the ecu to get it.

On your DashDAQ, use those arrows to go to a screen with more gauges. Then just touch an empty one to add a signal. You can choose the source from there. If you pick ZT-2, it should show you all the signals from it.

Also, send Bramage a PM. He made a custom AMG skin for the DashDAQ.

D, have you logged the ZT-2 using the Zeitronix datalogger on a computer?, I don't know how to get the IAT signal, I can't find it :(

Lenin 03-08-2014 09:55 AM

See if this link helps. http://www.zeitronix.com/installatio..._Sensors.shtml

Kelvin07 03-08-2014 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lenin (Post 5967042)

You are the BEST, sir! :bow:

turbo97se 03-09-2014 11:21 AM

I tapped coil wire, can also tap injector signal wire. You can also read the RPM through OBD2 setup if using Dashdaq with OBD option .. there is a slight difference in the readings. tapping injector/coil wire is more accurate.

Originally Posted by Denroll (Post 5966897)

Joncl 03-09-2014 11:37 AM

You can also tap the cam sensor which is easy and is very accurate

turbo97se 03-09-2014 12:03 PM

Is it single tooth cam? Just curious … haven't looked into it.

I prefer tapping output signal from ECU than input signal to ECU where possible. I like to minimize noise coupling in to affect inputs to ECU especially on cam and crank signals … these are both shielded cables. it likely does not affect that much though.

Originally Posted by Joncl (Post 5967809)
You can also tap the cam sensor which is easy and is very accurate

Joncl 03-09-2014 12:21 PM

I just went with the wiring from Bramage and Rob, a lot of the figuring out was done by bassn a while back I think

blackbenzz 03-09-2014 01:25 PM

My OBD2 sample rate for rpm and timing are super slowwww

Kelvin07 03-09-2014 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz (Post 5967918)
My OBD2 sample rate for rpm and timing are super slowwww

What do you use for your RPM and timing readings other than OBD2?

MAN55LE 03-09-2014 04:48 PM

Read post number six in the link.....https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-checking.html I didn't get all my logging set up yet but ..... Any info will help....

Joncl 03-09-2014 06:03 PM

Timing has to be done via obd

Kelvin07 03-12-2014 12:30 AM

Hey guys,

I was fiddling with the ZT-2, I set up the User-2 (IAT Sensor) to read everything on Fahrenheit, now I can see the changes made on the Zeitronix data logging software.

But when I go to the Dashdaq and I select User-2 from the Zeitronix gauges, all I get is VOLTS... what I am missing?, according to the manual, once I do conversion on the ZT-2 it should read the same on the Dashdaq, does that make sense?

Please help me out :)

Joncl 03-12-2014 09:08 AM

The issue with the user inputs is that it gives you info in volts you need to have the formula to convert it to your wanted values with constant offset etc. some have figured out for the map but for iat I don't think anyone did

Kelvin07 03-12-2014 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Joncl (Post 5971238)
The issue with the user inputs is that it gives you info in volts you need to have the formula to convert it to your wanted values with constant offset etc. some have figured out for the map but for iat I don't think anyone did

I have the formula from the zeitronix instructions, probably did something wrong, but I could find any video tutorial or something to make things simple :(

Joncl 03-13-2014 10:20 AM

Hey bud can you post the formula for the iat via the user input
Thanks

turbo97se 03-13-2014 10:54 AM

I'd be interested to know how to do this also. IAT sensors generally speaking are non-linear so there is no simple formula ... Unlike map sensors that have fairly linear operating region and simpler formula. I have used variable resistors before to characterize responses combined with OBD readings for standalone engine management where graphs can be plotted but not for Zeitronix.