Rudy Compart aka rcompart experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Rudy Compart aka rcompart experience

I was having problems getting my car tuned a while ago and was told if I deleted the maf and upgraded to 55k ecu the tuning would be the same as any 55k and would be easy to do. So I started looking into who has done this before and heard/read good things about Rudy. He had done several 55k swaps into crossfires that appeared to be running. I contacted him and discussed what I needed done. First I bought a egs52 tcu from him to use with my 3.07 gears. I popped it in and it worked, I had some intermittent abs/esp lights come on and he said he would check it out when he flew out to do the 55k ecu swap. I specifically asked him if the car would run like stock and have no cel or errors. He assured me it would. I told him I'd rather go standalone if I'm going to have a bunch of errors or lights on the dash. He guaranteed everything will run like it did from the factory. So I agreed to pay him to do the conversion.

He was supposed to come and stay for a weekend so that he could do the conversion and then we would go to MIR Sunday and test it. First off he was late to arrive at the shop which is not a huge deal. The Weistec sc kit comes with a resistor to put in the sc clutch wire, Rudy said it won't work and to use the resistor that he had. So he put his resistor in. I watched him solder a couple wires for the electronic bypass valve, the resistor for sc clutch, and pop in the new ecu and recode it. He checked the tcu and did some coding and said I had a bad speed sensor and once i replaced that the abs/esp light would go away. I believed him and left it at that.

Ironic part is he kept emphasizing to pay him before the work was done which was a red flag to me but i agreed to pay him when he showed up. I paypaled him the money when he was working on the car.

I start the car for the first time and abs/esp lights immediately come on (before it was intermittent) and the dash has at least 8 errors pop up. I turned to him and said you guaranteed it would run like stock with no lights or errors. His response was drive it around and they will go away. This was Saturday afternoon. Soon as this happened he left and a flight back home!

I drove the car around and the errors weren't going away. So I texted him telling him they aren't going away. His response was if you want the car to run with no errors you need to replace everything to a 55k and it would cost alot and that it was the weekend and not to bother him. I reminded him that he assured me it would run like factory without any lights or errors. He said to pull the ecu and tcu out and send it back for a refund. To which I said that you rewired the car and coded the ecu/tcu to the car, how am I supposed to drive it if I do that? I just want what i paid for. He said he didn't do anything wrong and didn't want to deal with this and started blaming other companies (all this stuff occurred after him touching the car and it was ok before minus tune). He said I only had 2 choices. Keep what I had or send it back.

I popped the hood because i smelled burning. Popped open the ecu cover and the resistor he put in had heated up so much it was staying to melt wires. I put it outside the ecu box and it ended up exploding!

I replaced the speed sensor and the esp/abs lights didn't go away (they have stayed on constantly since he touched the car). I told him and no response. He does not respond at all anymore. Great customer service.

I decided to take it to the dealer and get a official reason as to why my abs/esp lights are on. They checked everything and said the code coming up is incorrect coding. I told them to print out and I sent it to Rudy. No response. So I decided to post up my experience after giving him many chances to resolve the issue. I know there are people who have had good experiences with him but I wanted to post my experience as well so people can see both sides. I just wanted the work I paid to do be done properly. He did not stand behind his work nor deliver what he promised.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 03-23-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience and thanks for sharing. Good luck with your efforts to recoup your outlay.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Damn bro... cant catch a break with your tuning! Sorry to hear you got cheated like that. Been hoping to see your car put down some times.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
What a jerk
Old 03-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Thanks guys. The car still runs but I have no esp/abs and the annoying error messages. I will take it to the track soon but the tune isn't fully optimized for power and the tcu acts up so don't expect anything good. The car did 60-130 in 7.1 seconds before I raised the boost and did ported heads
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM

M113 E50 6-speed, 2005 E55 AMG
Do you have DAS with Developer, teamviewer, and your original ECU?
Old 03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

And I'm sorry to hear. This last weekend he got married which is why you probably didn't hear much out of him.

About the asking for money before hand thing, we both do that. Beckmann unlocks ECU's, that's it. Rudy and I can change them out, pre-code, unlock, or make a custom board if need be for everything to work right. Since we're the only 2 that do it, we charge ahead of time at what some call 'steep rates'. But we have to. This is stuff that Brabus, Evotech, Eurocharged, etc.. can't do. He probably had a lot on his mind with the wedding coming up though. Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Do you have DAS with Developer, teamviewer, and your original ECU?
Original ECu meaning the factory ECU? I have that and teamviewer but no DAS with developer
And I'm sorry to hear. This last weekend he got married which is why you probably didn't hear much out of him.

About the asking for money before hand thing, we both do that. Beckmann unlocks ECU's, that's it. Rudy and I can change them out, pre-code, unlock, or make a custom board if need be for everything to work right. Since we're the only 2 that do it, we charge ahead of time at what some call 'steep rates'. But we have to. This is stuff that Brabus, Evotech, Eurocharged, etc.. can't do. He probably had a lot on his mind with the wedding coming up though. Shoot me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call.
This happened way before this past weekend (months). I attempted to contact him and give him chances to correct the issues with no response. I didn't hear from him because he did not want to respond. I understand taking money up front but I don't understand doing a shoddy job and not standing behind your work or keeping your word. I found it really odd when he left immediately after the first time the car started, he was supposed to stay the whole weekend.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Original ECu meaning the factory ECU? I have that and teamviewer but no DAS with developer

This happened way before this past weekend (months). I attempted to contact him and give him chances to correct the issues with no response. I didn't hear from him because he did not want to respond. I understand taking money up front but I don't understand doing a shoddy job and not standing behind your work or keeping your word. I found it really odd when he left immediately after the first time the car started, he was supposed to stay the whole weekend.
Geez. Sorry to hear man. Send me a PM with your number, maybe we can figure something out.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Geez. Sorry to hear man. Send me a PM with your number, maybe we can figure something out.
Sent
Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C32 4Matic - That's Not A Typo! :D
First off, I told you when we first spoke over two years ago that with everything you had done to your car, it was a perfect candidate for a standalone but with what was involved and what it would cost, you said you couldn't afford it. Then fast forward to last May. You were complaining that several other companies were screwing you over and you asked if I could make your car run without the MAF and I told you I could. I also said that I'd make it work like factory but I'm not gonna take responsibility for a plethora of existing issues with your car especially when I spoke with those that worked on your car previous to me and they saw the same faults. While I was there, you did absolutely nothing but talk sh*t about other shops, other tuners, how they purposely tried to screw you over and make things not work, blow motors, etc. Your car was coding up for sporadic wheel speed sensor when the ORIGINAL ECU was in it. As for the other lights, your car needed additional electronic components as the ECU was looking for them and they weren't there. It didn't affect how the ECU operated the car so you said that wasn't an issue and that you would add them later if you changed your mind. As for paying me before the work was done, you paid for the ECU and travel expenses before I got there but you didn't paypal me the remainder until after I was packed up and ready to leave. Two weeks later, you started bombing me with text messages over 4th of July weekend and I told you then to just send everything back and that I would refund you for EVERYTHING. The ECU, TCU, labor and even what it cost for me for the plane ticket, hotel and rental car. I gave you that option several times but you declined. Apparently something was right with what I did because I know if someone screwed me over and then offered me a full refund with no strings attached, I'd have taken it. Truth is, your car is a hacked together piece of sh*t and you've played the pity party with every company that's offered to help you out only to railroad them after they won't deal with your disaster any more. You have a ton of posts so people think you're a god on this forum but the fact is you run your mouth more than anyone else on here and you've built your post count by doing nothing more than trash talking or parroting what others say.

Good luck with the next person you con into working on your hoopty.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by rcompart
First off, I told you when we first spoke over two years ago that with everything you had done to your car, it was a perfect candidate for a standalone but with what was involved and what it would cost, you said you couldn't afford it. Then fast forward to last May. You were complaining that several other companies were screwing you over and you asked if I could make your car run without the MAF and I told you I could. I also said that I'd make it work like factory but I'm not gonna take responsibility for a plethora of existing issues with your car especially when I spoke with those that worked on your car previous to me and they saw the same faults. While I was there, you did absolutely nothing but talk sh*t about other shops, other tuners, how they purposely tried to screw you over and make things not work, blow motors, etc. Your car was coding up for sporadic wheel speed sensor when the ORIGINAL ECU was in it. As for the other lights, your car needed additional electronic components as the ECU was looking for them and they weren't there. It didn't affect how the ECU operated the car so you said that wasn't an issue and that you would add them later if you changed your mind. As for paying me before the work was done, you paid for the ECU and travel expenses before I got there but you didn't paypal me the remainder until after I was packed up and ready to leave. Two weeks later, you started bombing me with text messages over 4th of July weekend and I told you then to just send everything back and that I would refund you for EVERYTHING. The ECU, TCU, labor and even what it cost for me for the plane ticket, hotel and rental car. I gave you that option several times but you declined. Apparently something was right with what I did because I know if someone screwed me over and then offered me a full refund with no strings attached, I'd have taken it. Truth is, your car is a hacked together piece of sh*t and you've played the pity party with every company that's offered to help you out only to railroad them after they won't deal with your disaster any more. You have a ton of posts so people think you're a god on this forum but the fact is you run your mouth more than anyone else on here and you've built your post count by doing nothing more than trash talking or parroting what others say.

So much false info. Glad I finally got a response out of you.

First off I've spent much more than a standalone would cost in tuning. And you already know my car has more in it than yours is worth. Weistec sc, fully built trans, carbon fiber driveshaft, custom axles etc etc and you think I can't afford to pay for standalone? You should know better. For you to say I can't afford it is a futile attempt at taking a shot at me.

Now as for the speed sensor thing why is it that the abs/esp light didn't come on nonstop until you came to do the coding? Why did it not go away when I replaced the sensor? Why did Mercedes dealership say it was coding and I sent a picture of their diagnosis to you?

As for a refund. I told you exactly why I wouldnt send ecu and tcu back. Because you rewired the car and recoded it. if you came and put everything back to how it was I would have taken the refund. Why would I render my car useless?

You said the car would run like factory and you even stated it in your post. Fact is you did not! Please elaborate on these preexisting issues because I have no idea what you're talking about. The car ran and it just needed tuning for wot. How is my car hacked together? Everything on it is top dollar. Whether it's the Volk LE37s or the Weistec sc or the built trans or the fueling system etc etc

What about the resistor that you put in that blew up? You need to own up to your shoddy work and people should know your shady character.

You can think I don't post anything productive but I've pioneered many mods and helped many many members. I held the record for quickest Mercedes for a while. What have you done?

I've been contacted by several people and know tons of stories about your shady work. Your unprofessional character and customer service speaks volumes. The fact that you wouldn't stand behind your work and just stopped responding is a huge sign to anyone that would even think of doing business with you. Accelerated industries
Old 03-25-2014, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Old 03-26-2014, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by rcompart

Wowsers....Sounds like a similar saga he had with Weistec.

BB - I thought you had EC tune your car and were quite happy with it ??
Old 03-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by cij911
Wowsers....Sounds like a similar saga he had with Weistec.

BB - I thought you had EC tune your car and were quite happy with it ??
I do have a EC ECU tune. Coding is different than tuning. Coding was done incorrect by Rudy who can't own up to his work and tries to shift the blame.

Add quickest 55 to the list of things the hoopty has done.