W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

beware: Paul and EC DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by djrabbi
So I read that C63 post first before posting and honestly that OP is a child. He is a 19 year old kid thinks money can buy the world, sorry this isn't Qatar. Paul's specialty isn't wrapping cars so you should not have asked to wrap your car! I don't agree with all was said especially to the OP of this thread who brought Paul's wife into it for no reason. People have issues with shops all the time honestly and yes people should be warned to a certain extent. I personally been to the shop and got work to my POS AMG. I have had no problems whatsoever, besides my break sensor keeps breaking but that's cause of my stupidity. I personally have pics of the C63 being wrapped as my car was being worked on that day. I honestly saw the car being wrapped and simply fell in LOVE with the color and the workmanship Paul put behind it. Word around Georgetown (DC) is the C63 was slammed to the ground and hit a nasty pothole, which is why his clamps fell off. A 5 year old can tell if a clamp is loose before he drives off the shop floor. I feel bad for all the people to had bad experiences, but there have been MANY good ones in return.

Remember, for 1 bad review, spreads to 1000 people. For every good review, only gets to 10 people.
Regardless of the OP's age, whatever it may be.. It seems that a few people have been burnt there as the unhappy campers come out of the woods. I find it strange to, that if the wrap was such a fine job, why would the company refund the OP money? Another thing that's not right is just because he has tons of money or not, does that make it right for a shop to waste it and cost him more as he must spend to fix it?
Old 03-30-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by C32owner
Regardless of the OP's age, whatever it may be.. It seems that a few people have been burnt there as the unhappy campers come out of the woods. I find it strange to, that if the wrap was such a fine job, why would the company refund the OP money? Another thing that's not right is just because he has tons of money or not, does that make it right for a shop to waste it and cost him more as he must spend to fix it?
You see, i kept quiet about most things, but since he questioned my intentions, i put most of the things out on the table, and thats not even half the stuff i know about that shop. Rick immediately refunded me the money after paul breached the agreement by taking on jobs he wasn't supposed to, and i immediately received a check the second they saw those pictures, they wouldn't refund me the full amount if it were a simple fix. Oh and BTW, paul told me to go and pay for more wrap and to pay him to redo the parts HE messed up. I went public because i bought my car brand new september of 2013, and now the paint is already messed up because paul put a blade to my paint, who uses a BLADE to wrap? I gave paul too many chances to fix what he did and he ends up threatening me? I don't take money from my parents, so i know the value of it, and i don't have the luxury of throwing it away because i wasn't raised that way, so yes, i will ask for my money back.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 03-30-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Do you still have the wrap on your car??? How else you expect people to cut vinyl?? With a toothbrush? You might have a valid point you might have scratches from the blade but everyone uses blades to trim pieces. If you got your money back before you opened your thread, why are you still complaining??? This is your immature 19 self talking. If you had problems you should have came to the shop directly since you live less than 20 miles away instead of emailing and texting back and forth. If Paul screwed you over from states away, your point would be valid but you are local.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh forgot to say. If you are a true businessman , customer is always right. Doesn't matter if the wrap was great but if customer isn't happy, customer always wins no matter what. You got what you want at the end of the day.its good you brought it to everyone's attention but blown out of proportion.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:58 PM

Do you still have the wrap on your car??? How else you expect people to cut vinyl?? With a toothbrush? You might have a valid point you might have scratches from the blade but everyone uses blades to trim pieces. If you got your money back before you opened your thread, why are you still complaining??? This is your immature 19 self talking. If you had problems you should have came to the shop directly since you live less than 20 miles away instead of emailing and texting back and forth. If Paul screwed you over from states away, your point would be valid but you are local.
The wrap was redone actually, at my own expense at an MB indi dealer. You do know it costs money to remove wrap also? Did i ask for compensation? No. But to be led on for weeks about a check he claimed he set was childish on his part not mine. I dont understand why youre so hurt, are you out of 1800$? No, so you'll basically have to prove me and everyone else coming out about their bad experiences are "immature". Im local sure, but you ask different people to drive you 40 minutes to and 40 minutes back to sterling and back countless times for no reason, it gets embarrassing. I told Jerry and Rick there was no way i was going back to that shop after being threatened, no way, so i dealt with everything very calmly. Using a blame to trim,yes agreed, but using a blade to smoothen out the wrap? That makes no sense? My wrap is scratched up all over the driver and passenger side lol...wanna pay me to get that removed and rewrapped? Didnt think so. You see, what you dont understand is i was very accommodating to Paul, the people coming out made it bigger as its now no longer an isolated case, if your car was tampered with you'd have a different perspective. At the end of the day sure the customer is always right, make sure your friend Paul understands that, because his route is "im always right, so if the customer isnt happy let me curse him out and threaten him to leave me alone". I could of gone the legal route and made thousands, i posted a thread about my experiece instead, simple.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 03-30-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Oh forgot to say. If you are a true businessman , customer is always right. Doesn't matter if the wrap was great but if customer isn't happy, customer always wins no matter what. You got what you want at the end of the day.its good you brought it to everyone's attention but blown out of proportion.
Did i mention my rims and trim that were painted on the ground in his shop with a spray can when he claimed itll be sent out to a paint shop? That faded and chipped in two days? Lol i can keep going.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG
So I read that C63 post first before posting and honestly that OP is a child. He is a 19 year old kid thinks money can buy the world, sorry this isn't Qatar. Paul's specialty isn't wrapping cars so you should not have asked to wrap your car! I don't agree with all was said especially to the OP of this thread who brought Paul's wife into it for no reason. People have issues with shops all the time honestly and yes people should be warned to a certain extent. I personally been to the shop and got work to my POS AMG. I have had no problems whatsoever, besides my break sensor keeps breaking but that's cause of my stupidity. I personally have pics of the C63 being wrapped as my car was being worked on that day. I honestly saw the car being wrapped and simply fell in LOVE with the color and the workmanship Paul put behind it. Word around Georgetown (DC) is the C63 was slammed to the ground and hit a nasty pothole, which is why his clamps fell off. A 5 year old can tell if a clamp is loose before he drives off the shop floor. I feel bad for all the people to had bad experiences, but there have been MANY good ones in return.

Remember, for 1 bad review, spreads to 1000 people. For every good review, only gets to 10 people.

'brakes' not 'breaks'

Georgetown is a pretty big place for the 'word', ie, gossip, to get around

a 5 year old can't tell if an exhaust clamp is properly installed
it's not the customers responsibility to check the mechanics work
that is why he pays him
usually takes some mileage for shoddy work to become apparent

you are fighting an uphill battle defending this shop
Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by MaroonC63

Did i mention my rims and trim that were painted on the ground in his shop with a spray can when he claimed itll be sent out to a paint shop? That faded and chipped in two days? Lol i can keep going.
Hells teeth mate, speechless! Yikes!!!!! That's unbelievable and seriously shady.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 AMG

didn't Paul physical threaten him?
better to avoid trouble and let a lawyer and the law handle it

I'd sue over him selling the parts he took off (headers and cats)
by law he has to return them unless you sign a release for him to keep them

your logic is convoluted: there is NO difference being 'screwed over' locally or long distance
Old 03-30-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ingenieur
'brakes' not 'breaks'

Georgetown is a pretty big place for the 'word', ie, gossip, to get around

a 5 year old can't tell if an exhaust clamp is properly installed
it's not the customers responsibility to check the mechanics work
that is why he pays him
usually takes some mileage for shoddy work to become apparent

you are fighting an uphill battle defending this shop
Because this guy spends his spare time at this shop, so he's defending someone who gives him a place to kick back lol. Rabbi, honestly, keep defending Paul as much as you'd like, for god sakes he steals OEM parts and SELLS THEM AND YOU KNOW THAT because i know EXACTLY who you are bro lol! Wait for the big guns to pop out of the closet, i didn't even know people on this forum were wronged by him also.

Thanks for the words ingeniuer, it's not the first time paul had someone try to contact me or belittle me to save himself.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ingenieur

your logic is convoluted: there is NO difference being 'screwed over' locally or long distance
It seems it was also OK to be "screwed over" because he is apparently rich.... So I think yes, obscured.

Last edited by C32owner; 03-30-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Maroon, why don't you sue them in small claims courts? It should be fun! Let them pay for attorney fees

You're already out of a lot of money, it doesn't cost much to file a motion... I would do it just for fun! Who knows, maybe you'll get a default judgement!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Maroon, why don't you sue them in small claims courts? It should be fun! Let them pay for attorney fees

You're already out of a lot of money, it doesn't cost much to file a motion... I would do it just for fun! Who knows, maybe you'll get a default judgement!
Honestly, it's not worth the trouble, i have my own stuff to deal with, and after three months of getting my car fixed, im just happy i can drive it without any problems. I have too much respect for Rick to go after them legally, after all he payed me out of his own pocket for the wrap job, EUROCHARGED didn't pay me. Rick doesn't need a law suite, Paul already has one. And that guy wants to claim im being immature for being 21 and still being the better person
Old 03-30-2014, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since you got everything resolved as you say so why complain about it? I'm not defending Paul but if you knew money was being lost first time around, you should have just taken your car elsewhere from the beginning. If you felt threatened especially I wouldn't keep my car there whatsoever. If customers leave their parts there and don't come after months, any business would either sell them or trash them. I honestly think OEM c63 headers cats aren't worth anything, let alone any Amg products unless its an exhaust. All I am saying you got your money back at the end of the day.

P.s. your car did look great and no idea what it looks now but hopefully you keep it tasteful unlike some others NOVA. I won't chime in no more as my experience has been great from both Paul and Rick.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 PM

Since you got everything resolved as you say so why complain about it? I'm not defending Paul but if you knew money was being lost first time around, you should have just taken your car elsewhere from the beginning. If you felt threatened especially I wouldn't keep my car there whatsoever. If customers leave their parts there and don't come after months, any business would either sell them or trash them. I honestly think OEM c63 headers cats aren't worth anything, let alone any Amg products unless its an exhaust. All I am saying you got your money back at the end of the day.

P.s. your car did look great and no idea what it looks now but hopefully you keep it tasteful unlike some others NOVA. I won't chime in no more as my experience has been great from both Paul and Rick.
I see your intentions, and im glad atleast your car came out okay. Rick refunded me only what he personally could, not the full amount spent at that shop. Just to clear things up, i asked for the parts a couple of days after the header install before i took it in for the wrap. I didn't get my parts, money Paul still owed me because no way i'd let rick pay me back the rest from his own pocket AGAIN. And i never asked for compensation for everything i paid to have fixed
Old 03-30-2014, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
DJ....your first post said something about Paul not being his specality at wrapping cars. Clearly from the texted he thinks he's a champ at it. And by the way, if I walk I to McDonalds and ask for a pizza, they are probably gonna tell me.....we don't really make pizzas, that's not our gig, Donatos is probably where to go for a pizza but we do sell hamburgers. I also have a buddy with a 997tt that is wrapped flat white and the car is originally black. You can open both doors, hood and engine bay and can not find black. They removed moldings and the car looks factory. I don't know about you bro.....but if I give some asshat 3 Gs to wrap my car, it better looks factory. I have seen Paul's E55 up close so I know what his definition of nice is........clearly not the same scale as I use. His 10 is probably my 4. It's all perspective and your last post is dead on......customers money = customers satisfaction....period. Also you bjs this guys ***** for being 19, is 19 year old money different then 50 years olds money. And also, you not terribly older then that! I have done business with you and can honestly say I would buy from you again before I have Paul a dime!

Last edited by emoving; 04-01-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
DJRABBI acts like he's never screwed anyone over.....I clearly remember sending him some money for rotors he was giving away AND I never got the money back when he decided to keep them. I can't ever remember complaining.....UNTIL now!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 PM

Blown 208 55 amg, 211 55 amg
What a bunch of kids..... These are machines you mod them, they break. It's the automotive industry for crying sake; as far as i know if Paul made a mistake or a product failed he took great car of the customer as well as Eurocharged. They replaced my pulley due to failure by their supplier at no cost to me and did not even ask where I purchased it or for a receipt, now that's customer service! That's my experience and 2 cents

I must add to the blown motor comments prove the ecu blew your motor with out a doubt and Eurocharged replaces it no questions asked. It's in black and white on their website! This doesn't mean spray a 150 shot with a 195 pulley EC tune and insufficient cooling and blame EC.

I might ad I own a shop myself and the customer is usually dead wrong but in my mind the "customer is always right" I have done a brake job an been blamed for an inoperable driver seat it's like WTF....I ended up replacing their seat motor free of charged they have called since for unrelated repairs trying to schedule appointments I simply tell them we are booked for the next several weeks...

Last edited by Redw20855amg; 03-30-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:54 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
its good you brought it to everyone's attention but blown out of proportion.

You see, this is where you are wrong. This shop hasn't just burned one person. I know, first hand, quite a few people watching these two threads and I'm not talking about just MB owners, but other makes as well. While YOU may have had a good experience, 15 people have not.

Think of as a Ponzi scheme (not saying this is what is going on, just an analogy or some attempt at it). If shop screws over two or three people, but does everything above and beyond for one person, they make out quite a bit in the end - yet upset two owners and make one owner (you, let's say, for argument's sake) happy about the shop. This is how it all works.

While my comment may have been out of line, which I got rid of it because it was a heat of the moment and STUPID comment I made, some people involved in the operation are quiet and low key, but have just as much to do with the problems as the owner.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:58 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by Redw20855amg
What a bunch of kids..... These are machines you mod them, they break. It's the automotive industry for crying sake; as far as i know if Paul made a mistake or a product failed he took great car of the customer as well as Eurocharged. They replaced my pulley due to failure by their supplier at no cost to me and did not even ask where I purchased it or for a receipt, now that's customer service! That's my experience and 2 cents

I must add to the blown motor comments prove the ecu blew your motor with out a doubt and Eurocharged replaces it no questions asked. It's in black and white on their website! This doesn't mean spray a 150 shot with a 195 pulley EC tune and insufficient cooling and blame EC.

I might ad I own a shop myself and the customer is usually dead wrong but in my mind the "customer is always right" I have done a brake job an been blamed for an inoperable driver seat it's like WTF....I ended up replacing their seat motor free of charged they have called since for unrelated repairs trying to schedule appointments I simply tell them we are booked for the next several weeks...

You are mixing Eurocharged and the EC DC shop. Not the same thing. Have you ever been to the DC shop or talked to them in person? Did you go to the open house? Some of you are just oblivious. This isn't black and white like it shows on the forums, you have to experience some of this stuff to know what we are talking about.this is not a simple customer is always right blah blah blah conversation.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
ive never heard of a ponzi scheme described in this fashion before
but pls carry on!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:01 PM

06 E55 / 13 C63
Originally Posted by moosejaw
ive never heard of a ponzi scheme described in this fashion before
but pls carry on!

Sorry, just my feeble attempt at maybe making some sense. But this is the way I'm seeing it.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by ELITE_KOV
You are mixing Eurocharged and the EC DC shop. Not the same thing. Have you ever been to the DC shop or talked to them in person? Did you go to the open house? Some of you are just oblivious. This isn't black and white like it shows on the forums, you have to experience some of this stuff to know what we are talking about.this is not a simple customer is always right blah blah blah conversation.
I have more in depth experience with all eurocharged's whether its DC or Houston than one may think My point is DC is a new shop every new business makes mistakes, the importance is those mistakes are corrected those affected compensated and everyone moves on I have been there can't speak for his and yours personal experience but i can speak in general....beware the vending machine at Walmart ate my dollar the manager didn't believe me so don't use it....wtf y'all this **** is ridiculous there's a million shops out there changing oil but not the filter or worse bash them....as far as "stealing parts" if the customer does not request old parts be saved and or returned to his possession they are considered the shops property at least here in Indiana! Paul just charge a core if your law is different... bam you just curved the ball around the law... customer wants old parts they need to pay the core charge, if they don't like it the next shop is around the corner plain and simple. If i put "XYZ"exhaust on a c63 and the customer did not ask for the stock system back you bet your bottom dollar they'd be for sale why the hell would I scrap them or throw them away that's like paying for a box of cereal with a 100 dollar bill and telling the cashier keep the change.

Last edited by Redw20855amg; 03-30-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:17 PM

Oh and I vote this thread be closed! Who's in?
Old 03-30-2014, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
LOL

Last edited by emoving; 03-30-2014 at 11:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: beware: Paul and EC DC