Sponsored by:

beware: Paul and EC DC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 / 13 C63
beware: Paul and EC DC

I had to post this. I've been holding my breath, but someone else did it for me.

I got my tune and was happy, but I spent nearly 6 hours at the EC DC open house after I was told it would only take an hour 1.5 max. I was getting a tune done only that day.

Their mechanics, if you can call them that, don't want to hear questions or be talked to, and have an attitude like you just spit on their faces. They also seem.....Incompetent for installs etc.

Anyway, this thread from c63 section says it all..

Mods, I think this needs to be read and know by the community. We don't need blown motors and pissed customers. They seem to begging euro charged a bad name and screwing people over.

Thread is here...
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=536163&styleid=20
Old 03-29-2014, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
LOL.......who didn't see this coming! Karma is aaaaa biach! And to think....he's actually building his own turbo kit!!!! Who want to get in line for that! Surprised EC ever even attached their name to such a shop!

Last edited by emoving; 03-29-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
Popcorn time!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
i dont know what is going on but i know Paul is a very cool guy and knows his stuff...

Last edited by berti_00; 03-29-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
sometimes I wondering why if ppl don't have passion for their jobs why do it ???

plus modding cars as a job is already pretty fun ..... I mean what else do you ask for ?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by berti_00
i dont know what is going on but i know Paul is a very cool guy and knows his stuff...
LOL.....the old football term....come on maaaaaaaannnnn!
Old 03-29-2014, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
LOL.....the old football term....come on maaaaaaaannnnn!
i dont know but i see you on his back all the time giving him sh!it like your monitoring his every single move.... let the guy be!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
i dont know but i see you on his back all the time giving him sh!it like your monitoring his every single move.... let the guy be!!!

have you ever met paul in person or just over the phone/text etc? Im willing to bet you haven't met him in person. the guy has no clue. EC doesn't deserve to have their name tied to this guy, trust me. it's obvious I'm not just ******* on him in his shop just to give a bad name. they have screwed A LOT of people out of time and money. and I mean A LOT of people, and we're not talking just the Mercedes community either. put it this way, I was so afraid of what paul and his shop, that I had OE do a retune on my car because of fear or blowing something on my motor.

this is just the beginning of the can of worms, just watch.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's like this berti, you tell the truth when the truth needs told. You don't try to talk about a shop doing work for you and leave details out as if to make it look like the shop did something wrong when in fact you were the blame for the build going south. This is just karma. That's all. I'm good, I have no vested interest in any shop. I just don't like when people hide behind a fasad. Your right, if I know the truth and you are a friend, I will defend you. IPS was dead on with his build and he pulled out. Simple. Call it like it is.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Damn, this is going to turn ugly. And quick... I have a feeling.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
Damn, this is going to turn ugly. And quick... I have a feeling.
i dont see a reason why it should... were all grown up's here, well to some extend...
Old 03-30-2014, 12:15 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
i dont see a reason why it should... were all grown up's here, well to some extend...
Nah, he's right, it will turn ugly. Not ugly as in bashing on this thread. but as in Jerry and eurocharged making some well needed "changes" to EC DC operation, including Paul.
this thread is just the beginning .........................
Old 03-30-2014, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
well i guess let the fireworks burst buddy, i am not here to defend anyone... but if you call your self so much as a grown up, you can settle this out of here too but if this is the way to do it by all means have at it.. its a free country and we have the freedom of speech.. Carry on your operation!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Berti, ask your boy Paul how he met Stass at IPS. Paul was PMing me asking to hook up with Stass to donate his car for the turbo build since I decided I was selling my 55 and moving on. Maybe that is why I'm a little hypersensitive. I actually hooked Stass up with the clown that ran out of money and pulled out of the build and then left it out there to look like the shop was incompetent and couldn't complete the build. Stass is a friend so ya, I was pissed as you would be if someone screwed your friend and never owned up. I will keep saying it........Karma. Rick and EC need to get some distance and I would assume sooner then later. I will also say Stass is a pretty professional business person which is why he never said crap. He took his crap off the car, told Paul to pick it up and demanded money for the work (powdercoating, wheel, brakes ect) to be paid for. Hell Paul drove 8 hrs here with low boy and tried to take the car without paying until the deputies showed up and told him how we operate in Ohio. Paul left that day carless. What's that tell you, signed contracts he up here in Ohio.

Last edited by emoving; 03-30-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
well i guess let the fireworks burst buddy, i am not here to defend anyone... but if you call your self so much as a grown up, you can settle this out of here too but if this is the way to do it by all means have at it.. its a free country and we have the freedom of speech.. Carry on your operation!!!

dude, what the hell are you talking about? have you been to EC DC? sounds like you are defending them. this isn't about being a grown up and settling it outside the forum. this community is about research and people warning others about things like this. if it wasn't for this thread or things coming out, people likely wouldn't know and would get screwed over badly.

so no, this isn't about being a grown up, it's about warning others before they take their car for a half a$$ job or **** poor service.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:18 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by emoving
LOL.......who didn't see this coming! Karma is aaaaa biach! And to think....he's actually building his own turbo kit!!!! Who want to get in line for that! Surprised EC ever even attached their name to such a shop!
nice Turbo duder
Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
*crickets* ...maybe he's busy working on those turbos?
Old 03-30-2014, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I had my car in for two repairs. Replace secondary cats and diagnosis my car when it died on the road. New cats were welded in and took care of my stinking rotten eggs from oem cats. They also got my car up and running by replacing both fuel units ds and ps and replacing the cps. I did hear stories from others who didn't come out with their repairs satisfied.

Most car repair shops fail due to bad customer service ( bad repairs, sabotage, unnecessary repairs). It's a lot harder to win back customers and damage control immediately needs to be in effect once bad reviews are out. But the opposite is when you hear good about a shop it spreads like wild fire as well!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:30 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
I personally think advising them to settle out of here is wrong, as I think they have obviously been through that process and out of shear frustration it comes to here to warn others about this outfit. I have had my own gripes and am sure many others to, it sometimes is a bitter pill to swallow, however, absolutely this is the place to warn others about a less than satisfactory crew. I for one would rather spend my hard earned money where other guys have and have had no qualms and are more than happy with the service/quality/results and experience. I'd rather make an informed decision spending money doing research such as this than going in blind, and being burnt.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by C32owner
I personally think advising them to settle out of here is wrong, as I think they have obviously been through that process and out of shear frustration it comes to here to warn others about this outfit. I have had my own gripes and am sure many others to, it sometimes is a bitter pill to swallow, however, absolutely this is the place to warn others about a less than satisfactory crew. I for one would rather spend my hard earned money where other guys have and have had no qualms and are more than happy with the service/quality/results and experience. I'd rather make an informed decision spending money doing research such as this than going in blind, and being burnt.
Fair enough
Old 03-30-2014, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by C32owner
Which is what exactly happened to me. Eurocharged being as respectable as they are on this forum, the Dc shop immediately got a ton of customers with expensive cars. A ton of customers personally taking out Paul to dinners and hookah places because they finally thought they had a reputable shop to mod their cars and fuel their hobby. I went in blind, with a stock c63 and a pocket full of money ready to go build crazy. If it wasnt for Rick I'd be out a couple thousand because of Paul's arrogance. Thankfully, unlike others my car wasnt messed up too bad, i caught the virus before the build went further. My car is now heavily modded after months of being in the shop for repairs due to Paul's incompetency. Ive bitten my tongue since January, even after he threatened me and replied to me very rudely, but to wait for the rest of my refund after 3 months of "its been sent out" was ridiculous, and after hearing more horror stories of friends that kept going there, it had to stop. Before my post euro Dc has lost most of its previous customers, but carrying that name eurocharged is very inviting to people and people dont need to be driving down from nyc or far places because of the shops names rep and without knowing about their actual work.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Really Sucks that this happened to you and several others!!!! And check in the mail should not take 3 months but 2-3 days.

Last edited by novae500; 03-30-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
nice Turbo duder

Thanks, having a new Sachs 2.5 clutch put in due to me new power upgrade blowing through the stock clutch.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
So I read that C63 post first before posting and honestly that OP is a child. He is a 19 year old kid thinks money can buy the world, sorry this isn't Qatar. Paul's specialty isn't wrapping cars so you should not have asked to wrap your car! I don't agree with all was said especially to the OP of this thread who brought Paul's wife into it for no reason. People have issues with shops all the time honestly and yes people should be warned to a certain extent. I personally been to the shop and got work to my POS AMG. I have had no problems whatsoever, besides my break sensor keeps breaking but that's cause of my stupidity. I personally have pics of the C63 being wrapped as my car was being worked on that day. I honestly saw the car being wrapped and simply fell in LOVE with the color and the workmanship Paul put behind it. Word around Georgetown (DC) is the C63 was slammed to the ground and hit a nasty pothole, which is why his clamps fell off. A 5 year old can tell if a clamp is loose before he drives off the shop floor. I feel bad for all the people to had bad experiences, but there have been MANY good ones in return.

Remember, for 1 bad review, spreads to 1000 people. For every good review, only gets to 10 people.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Barolo red C63 AMG (SOLD).13' P31 c63 coupe 2012 porsche panamera
Originally Posted by djrabbi
So I read that C63 post first before posting and honestly that OP is a child. He is a 19 year old kid thinks money can buy the world, sorry this isn't Qatar. Paul's specialty isn't wrapping cars so you should not have asked to wrap your car! I don't agree with all was said especially to the OP of this thread who brought Paul's wife into it for no reason. People have issues with shops all the time honestly and yes people should be warned to a certain extent. I personally been to the shop and got work to my POS AMG. I have had no problems whatsoever, besides my break sensor keeps breaking but that's cause of my stupidity. I personally have pics of the C63 being wrapped as my car was being worked on that day. I honestly saw the car being wrapped and simply fell in LOVE with the color and the workmanship Paul put behind it. Word around Georgetown (DC) is the C63 was slammed to the ground and hit a nasty pothole, which is why his clamps fell off. A 5 year old can tell if a clamp is loose before he drives off the shop floor. I feel bad for all the people to had bad experiences, but there have been MANY good ones in return.

Remember, for 1 bad review, spreads to 1000 people. For every good review, only gets to 10 people.
Okay so someone has a personal problem with me eh? 21* year old making his own money spending it on the car he bought HIMSELF, for starters. Two, my car was not on kw before the header incident and it failed on 66, greatly maintained road for your information so no pothole was hit, it happened on a downshift from fifth to fourth gear. three i have an email clearly stating he can professionaly wrap cars and hes done it before, come to find out its the first car hes ever wrapped. I stated Paul's wife was the genius behind the emails, because they were very professional unlike Paul's, she knows her stuff and shows it, thats a compliment if anything and thats how they got me. If i went through the hassle of posting texts and emails, you'd tuck your tail between your legs because no one has ever been as courteous or as nice as i have to Paul i gave him all the time in the world and got him coffee and food and after 16 days of my car being in the same exact state, after my father went in himself to see what was taking so long, i received it with Knicks and cuts and a mediocre wrap job that cost 3000$. I stated firmly to him i found other cheaper places but i wanted to get what i paid for. I skimmed over the wrap experience, but headers? Two days to install headers? Giving it back to me claiming it was tuned and letting me drive a couple hundred+ miles not knowing because i had faith in him? Sorry buddy, but you can sit down, because my bad review brought out a ton of people who have had bad experiences and held their tongue, the guys who's differentials are failing, a guy whos car got given back with 3k miles that Paul personally put on the car himself, or how about how Paul offered me ANOTHER customers car to take home because he didnt finish my car after countless promises of "itll be done today" and me driving out an hour only to go back home empty handed after finding countless rides. Youre probably the same kid Paul told to call me and beg me to not ask for my money back. So far ive only heard you and maybe two members having an "okay" experience. Doesnt take a genius to service a car buddy, a lot of people had actual intensive work done to their cars and were left with a big fat bill of repairs. Get your facts straight.

Last edited by MaroonC63; 03-30-2014 at 03:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: beware: Paul and EC DC