Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
front tires for 07 E63/alignment

hi all,

i've had good luck w/ hankook v12 on my CLK55 cab, but curious what others have thought for this to replace front.
also, would you guys trust indep guy - one ind guy (who used to work at MB) said to stay w/ MB dealer for this as only they have the right accessories, if needed, to do fine adjustments?
thx.

Patrick
Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
hi all,

i've had good luck w/ hankook v12 on my CLK55 cab, but curious what others have thought for this to replace front.
also, would you guys trust indep guy - one ind guy (who used to work at MB) said to stay w/ MB dealer for this as only they have the right accessories, if needed, to do fine adjustments?
thx.

Patrick
V12 are on mine, I got 5k on them so far and I like them. I am told they will get noisy after some miles, and some have complained about cold or wet handling issues. I have not seen that personally. MY suggestion---- switch over to the Michelen PSS or the AS3's. Every time I read something, a member is saying how they were pleased and happy with them. For what its worth, there are many positive ratings compared to minimal complaints about the PSS or AS3's. Worht the few bucks difference. Prices have come down so much in the last 6 months for tires that its definitely worth it.

Alignment------- MY indy said not to use MB to do it. He said they only do Toe adjustments and not camber. He also said the camber kits were 30$ if not already on the car. He also said adjusting the car with weight on the tires or off makes a huge difference. Find out about the Camber adjustments and if they do both then you should be ok.