Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anything new on tank gas leak recall?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Question Anything new on tank gas leak recall?

It's been awhile since I've visited this forum so I apologize if I've missed something. I was wondering if MB has taken any steps to fix gas leak from tank which many of us have had to deal with and at considerable cost. With all the attention GM has been getting for ignoring the ignition switch safety problem some car makers, most recently Toyota, are trying to get ahead of the Feds on safety recalls. If MB were smart, they would do the same.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
short answer, no. Someone was able to get a news station to come and do a story on it. However, me being the pessimist i seriously doubt MB will ever step up, not one car has started on fire and the cars are coming up to 10 years old. fumes may get someone sick but that would have to be prolonged exposure...most everyone doesn't fill up the car all the way during hot days.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Oh hey Mark!! I just noticed that was you, by the way I found this... I think it's an update:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...h&summary=true

Hopefully they conclude the investigation soon and push for some legal action, as Mercedes isn't going to step up on this one. For the latest check out the thread on the regular W211 forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-class-16.html

EDIT: Even though this was recently posted in the thread on the W211 forum, the "Report Date" seems to update to the current date each time I check it, not sure how new this information is even though people seem to think it is =\

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 04-11-2014 at 01:16 AM.