W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

How low should we go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014 | 12:21 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by BimmerDawg
I'll get measurements, but be careful driving around too low. I set my alignment up ~2" lower than stock then thought it would be cool to go another 1/2" or so with the Renntech module and corded my rear tires after 2,500 miles. Rear camber was at like -3.5 IIRC. Luckily I run a wheel/tire store.

THE OTHER ALTERNATIVE IS TO FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME WITH K-MAC

The industry standard front suspension "fluted or slot bolts" for Camber and Caster only offer minimal 0.3 degree of adjustment and only this one offset non-adjustable position.

K-MAC latest kits fully resolve both this lack of travel and precision by providing 4 times the adjustment range with the patented design also allowing precise/accurate single wrench (ongoing) adjustment. And there is no disassembly required each time.

Premature inner edge tire wear, steering pull, reduced traction - any of these a result of curb knock damage, altering suspension height, fitting of wide profile tires, load carrying can now all be accurately catered for.

Added bonus with K-MAC is not only overcoming the lack of "full adjustment capability" on Mercedes models to allow to return vehicle to factory specs - both Camber and Caster as well as Toe - but also the 4 front and 4 rear K-MAC bushings at same time replace the highest wearing suspension bushings!

Another feature is that with the K-MAC rear kits (unlike adjustable arms) they're designed to adjust the lower control arms inwards to resolve premature inner edge tire wear/improve traction.

While adjustable arms move the top of tire outwards reducing all important top of tire tire to outer fender clearance. K-MAC rear Camber kits also include additional Toe adjustment which is important to compensate for the new found rear Camber facility.

With all K-MAC kits no special additional tools are required.

Old 05-20-2014 | 03:27 PM

2014 E63S wagon
I am riding pretty low on links. I rub from time to time but overall it rides solid. [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ILLANTIC55; 05-20-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-20-2014 | 05:19 PM

ez-go
My car is lowered.... I lowered it and installed a square set of wheels/tires but I feel a slight rattle/chatter from the front end through the steering wheel on bumpy roads. I can only slightly hear it tho, just barely. I can't tell if it's normal since I don't have much seat time in these cars. The car actually makes a fair amount of noise when driving also, sounds like straight cut gears whining but far more subtle. Any of this normal or do I sound like a crazy person right now?

I was afraid it was just a side effect from have a 275/35/18 up front