Sponsored by:

Engine Mounts Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
55k FTW
Question Engine Mounts Replacement

Hey Guys. Since my warranty doesn't want to pay for anything I've decided to do some "selfies" and replace the 2 motor and 1 transmission mounts on my own. I also have the "squeak"-ing noise from the front which seems to be caused by the sway-bar bushings. After going through a bunch of information online seems like a new sway bar is the only way to go. Since I'll be replacing all of that I was wondering if there is anything else that might be worth changing down there. I was thinking sway bar links... ? Anything else or should I even bother with them? Perhaps there is no need to replace the sway bar either but rather use Wurth HHS-2000 / HHS-K High Pressure Spray Grease . Any suggestions ?

Thanks !
Old 05-12-2014, 05:13 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by act1v3x
Hey Guys. Since my warranty doesn't want to pay for anything I've decided to do some "selfies" and replace the 2 motor and 1 transmission mounts on my own. I also have the "squeak"-ing noise from the front which seems to be caused by the sway-bar bushings. After going through a bunch of information online seems like a new sway bar is the only way to go. Since I'll be replacing all of that I was wondering if there is anything else that might be worth changing down there. I was thinking sway bar links... ? Anything else or should I even bother with them? Perhaps there is no need to replace the sway bar either but rather use Wurth HHS-2000 / HHS-K High Pressure Spray Grease . Any suggestions ?

Thanks !
Might want to check the ball joints, they go bad a fair amount. How you fix the away bar would be up to you ,as some like new and other like greese. Make sure the squeek is sway bar VS steering or front end parts.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 AM

55k FTW
Thanks for the reply man. I'll definitely check out the ball joints as well. I might change the mounts first and see if the grease is going to eliminate the problem unless they turn out to be cracked or really need replacing. Anything else down there that is worth replacing @ ~50,000 miles ?
Old 05-13-2014, 11:22 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by act1v3x
Thanks for the reply man. I'll definitely check out the ball joints as well. I might change the mounts first and see if the grease is going to eliminate the problem unless they turn out to be cracked or really need replacing. Anything else down there that is worth replacing @ ~50,000 miles ?
You miles are low, so most the parts should be good. Check your steering rack for proper function as well.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 05-14-2014, 03:36 PM

55k FTW
Thanks guys. I guess I'll go ahead with the mounts and check out what the situation underneath and go from there.