Sponsored by:

Rear window shade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E-63 AMG
Angry Rear window shade

Does anybody knows a better way to manually put down the window rear shade, I have a 07 E-63 AMG, I heard is a pain, but I also heard about that you will have to take the rear head rest out, but mine the whole seats go down, I figure that would make things easier, I just wanted down, I dont care If it ever goes back up, I dont care If I have to pull whole thing out of there, unattached the arms or what ever. I will take any suggestions. Thanks, Danny.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:01 PM

'05 E55
I don't know but i'd like to have one in my 05 E55. If it would fit my car I'd be interested if you are thinking about selling it. Feel free to pm me if you are...
Old 05-29-2014, 12:11 PM

07 E-63 AMG
W211 Window Rear shade

Finally!!!!! I knew it had to be a better way without doing all the extra work, It literally took me 20 minutes. So Here how I put the window rear shade down on my 2007 E63 AMG.

Step 1. Check all your fuses, just in case.

Step 2. Do you check sounds coming from the motor, in this case you may want to try hitting the bottom of the shade and somebody pushing the buttom of the shade at the same time.

If you don't care If the shade ever goes back up, like me, I am going to tint the windows anyway.
Here is how I did it…. I drilled the rivets that hold the arms of the shade ( top of the Shade) pull the arms off, force the arms down, may take some muscle, then the shade will retract on its own by the roller, then ALL DONE!!! like nothing happened, I saved my self lots of labor and tons of money! pass this along for who ever needs it! Good luck and thank you! Danny K
Old 05-29-2014, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
Originally Posted by Dannyk1
Finally!!!!! I knew it had to be a better way without doing all the extra work, It literally took me 20 minutes. So Here how I put the window rear shade down on my 2007 E63 AMG.

Step 1. Check all your fuses, just in case.

Step 2. Do you check sounds coming from the motor, in this case you may want to try hitting the bottom of the shade and somebody pushing the buttom of the shade at the same time.

If you don't care If the shade ever goes back up, like me, I am going to tint the windows anyway.
Here is how I did it…. I drilled the rivets that hold the arms of the shade ( top of the Shade) pull the arms off, force the arms down, may take some muscle, then the shade will retract on its own by the roller, then ALL DONE!!! like nothing happened, I saved my self lots of labor and tons of money! pass this along for who ever needs it! Good luck and thank you! Danny K
the motor is on the driver side - when mine got stuck in the up position tried this: he was hitting underside near corner in trunk while someone else hit the button on the dash. Sometimes it will work sometimes not.

I didn't do the 1700 dealer repair, but found a used screen on a totaled 63 for a fraction of the cost and had a friend who is a mb tech do the work and saved a tone of noney.

if the relay is not working - there is no real way to get it down - worst case is that you leave it up and it protects the seats - i leave mine up all the time even with tinted windows.