Sponsored by:

Below MSRP & wait time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55,03 M3 (gone),05 Yukon, 03 Diesel PU,05 RK Custom, 03 SERK
Below MSRP & wait time?

I'm considering an order for a new E55 and wonder how long the wait is on average and if I can expect getting it below MSRP? Presently I drive an 03M3 and the ride is sporty but harsh---not a great long distance touring car. Thanks for any advice...
Old 12-05-2003, 07:17 PM

13 SL63
if you check this forum on a regular basis, ocassionally the board members will have some leads on cars with immediate delivery. it might not be the exact color /options you want but you can get one now. on the other hand it could be your lucky day and it could be the exact thing you want.otherwise order time will vary from 2mths to 2 yrs dependant of the dealer you choose. unlikely you will find this car below msrp. be happy with getting the car at msrp. good luck.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:28 PM
eyc

hey amgrocket,

did you get your E55 yet?
Old 12-05-2003, 09:59 PM

13 SL63
yeah i sure did. i love it. i worked through the problems at the dealership and it is well worth the wait. one of the few issues i have with it is that im under 30 and i have a $90,000 car in my garage. just a lot to swallow considering 90k buys alot and it could have been saved for a rainy day. on the other hand the car is stupid fast!
Old 12-05-2003, 10:25 PM

'06 M6, '05 Lambo Gallardo
Originally posted by amgrocket
yeah i sure did. i love it. i worked through the problems at the dealership and it is well worth the wait. one of the few issues i have with it is that im under 30 and i have a $90,000 car in my garage. just a lot to swallow considering 90k buys alot and it could have been saved for a rainy day. on the other hand the car is stupid fast!
More power to ya! Don't take issue with your age and having an expensive car...If you couldn't afford it, you wouldn't have done it. Life is very short and you never know what the future has in store. Don't wait until you're old to enjoy things. I have always figured I will care a lot less about what I am driving when I'm 70 than when I'm younger. Good for you...I hope next year you get a $130k car (because you can) and you love every second you spend behind the wheel. I'm 38 now and had my first high end car ('96 NSX $84K MSRP back then in 1996) when I was 32.

Although a car is not an investment, the E55 will hold its value pretty well overall. Your $90k might be $70k in a year or so...who knows? With interest rates as cheap as they are, I chose to keep the cash on hand and finance at under 4%...I also have a family (wife and 3 very young kids) to consider evertime I get a new car...and for me its usually 2x a year. Just enjoy it and don't sweat it.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:14 AM

2004 E55
To most people, spending this kind of money is insane. I got razzed about the C32 and they have yet to see this car, so I know how it's gonna be. My wife and I call it quality of life. We've been married 8 years and this is the first car that we call OUR CAR, as opposed to hers or mine. We love it and expect to get years of true pleasure from it. How do you put a price on that? I tell people, I don't let numbers scare me away. <G>