Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
E55 and several 928s
And so it begins

Got the e55. Check.

Drove the snot out of it to find out any issues. Check.

Stared at it in the driveway for an entire weekend. Check.

Identified some low hanging fruit on cosmetics, wear items, and performance. Check.

First, some rubber bits. The cowl rubber at the base of the windshield is coming apart just like my w210. Need to get this part ASAP as it looks horrible and the rest of the car is essentially spotless.

Is there a normal place everyone goes for part diagrams to find the part numbers? With porsche there is some software called PET, as well as more
Recently some websites.

I need that cowl part as well as the mirror seals at the mating to the door. Both are cracked.

If this was a Porsche it would have dash cracks from this much sun but there are no other symptoms of this exposure inside or out.

Next, there is a mid corner wobble. As the suspension is moving around at the front mid corner there is a wheel wobble that does not show in any other situations. Feels like... Tie rods or ball joints or wheel bearings. I've looked and studied the forums and not found this exact issue - lots of straight line wobble but mine is clear of that. Anything sound familiar?

Where does one get the rear throttle body adaptor for the supercharger mating to the throttle body? This seems the key for proper install of a bigger throttle body. Getting more air in and out this air pump of an engine is the key here for cooler power and efficiency. That and focus on IATs.

Leaning. Listening. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 and several 928s
Interesting. Do I need to Call someone a rude name and create drama to get posts on my thread?
Old 06-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BC928
First, some rubber bits. The cowl rubber at the base of the windshield is coming apart just like my w210. Need to get this part ASAP as it looks horrible and the rest of the car is essentially spotless.

Is there a normal place everyone goes for part diagrams to find the part numbers? With porsche there is some software called PET, as well as more
Recently some websites.

I use AutohausAZ and OEdiscountparts for most of my component ordering. They show part diagrams but usually don't disclose the part number (you can search by PN though).

I need that cowl part as well as the mirror seals at the mating to the door. Both are cracked.

The mirror seals are not available from Mercedes separately from the mirrors. This is a known pain in the *** for quite a few of us. Last I heard, the two options were
1) Buy the cheap aftermarket replacement mirrors off of Ebay and disassemble them for the seals only
2) There have been a couple people claiming they've found an OEM option that's close, only requiring trimming of harness pass-throughs, and there are occasionally aftermarket seal only sets on Ebay for like $80.

Next, there is a mid corner wobble. As the suspension is moving around at the front mid corner there is a wheel wobble that does not show in any other situations. Feels like... Tie rods or ball joints or wheel bearings. I've looked and studied the forums and not found this exact issue - lots of straight line wobble but mine is clear of that. Anything sound familiar?

Get under the car and inspect

Where does one get the rear throttle body adaptor for the supercharger mating to the throttle body? This seems the key for proper install of a bigger throttle body. Getting more air in and out this air pump of an engine is the key here for cooler power and efficiency. That and focus on IATs.

You can get a bolt-on MB snout and run an MB 80mm, or you can get a plate from Speedriven and massage the crap out of your stock snout
Interesting. Do I need to Call someone a rude name and create drama to get posts on my thread?
You waited less than 24hrs... take a chill pill.

Last edited by rockthemullet; 06-13-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04 E55 AMG
Google startekinfo....EPC ....it is free if you are in the US...for part numbers...also throttlebody is the last mod normally(can cause a hiccup).... Do the Bosch 010 pump....around 100$.. And headers....
Old 06-13-2014, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 and several 928s
Originally Posted by rockthemullet
You waited less than 24hrs... take a chill pill.
Thanks for your inline responses. I will follow up on those items.

You will have to pardon me. Questions like mine on my Porsche forum are minute-response exercises.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 and several 928s
Ordered the 010 pump and will be here in the week.

Gotta get some IAT and AFR logging up as well.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Got the e55. Check.

Leaning. Listening. Thanks for any help.
As Man55Le said, TB is usually done way after the power addiction has set in. It is not the best mod to get more air in, as you have a air Kompressor on your engine, so spinning the SC faster gets a "whole lota mo" air in the engine. Headers are worth huge gains and cooling is crucial as well.

If you network on the forums, you can save a ton of $$$ on new and used parts.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd