Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
2008 CLS550 W219 Suspension Malfunction

Hello everyone,

I posted this on W219 sections but they seem dead and no responses so if anyone could chime in from here I'd appriciate it.

So I left my car in the garage for couple weeks without using it and would start it once in a while to make sure the car was starting good. After I started driving it daily again the suspension rising malfunction indicator would show up on my dash. At first it would pop up after I drove for a mile or two, now it pops up right after I start the car. The car does NOT sink, but it also won't rise when i hit the rise button. It works fine when I switch between 'comfort' and 'sport' mode, I notice the difference right away on stiffness. The height on front seems normal and on rear a bit high from where it should be. And I don't hear the suspension letting out air after I have locked the car like I usually used to.

I tried doing some research on this but the case with most people is that the vehicle will sink, which is not the case with my car. I read something about a sticky relay, which may be the case.

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciate
Old 07-31-2014, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
65 Chevelle Wagon w/ C5 frame, 08 ML63, 04 S600, 04 E55,(sold) 00 ML55,(sold) 98 C43-55K Swap
Hit the raise button and see if the compressor kicks on. May be a bad relay, or possably a high amp draw on the compressor damaging the relay or blowing the fuse. If it doesn't kick on, check the fuse and relay. I would start there

Just noticed your in Chicago. I'm near Elgin and have a star diagnostic computer if its not a simple fix.

Last edited by stockC43; 07-31-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Location
Old 08-01-2014, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by stockC43
Hit the raise button and see if the compressor kicks on. May be a bad relay, or possably a high amp draw on the compressor damaging the relay or blowing the fuse. If it doesn't kick on, check the fuse and relay. I would start there

Just noticed your in Chicago. I'm near Elgin and have a star diagnostic computer if its not a simple fix.

Thank you for your response. I hit the raise button and nothing happens besides the message on the dash saying 'car is raising' or whatever. I'll give the fuse box a look. Would that be by the compressor next to spare tire?

I used to live in Elgin (59 and lake) back in 07. Currently live downtown but work out in Warrenville at Ultimo Motors, but we have no service dept. here.