Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Help!!!!

2003 E55 AMG 152k miles

problem
Was driving lights went dim started back firing as it died and went to the side of the road. tried to jump start it, it would not start

Took it in next day the alternator was done for got it replaced car still will not start

Changed the CPS
can hear the fuel pumps turn on when I turn the ignition to the on position

Car just cranks but won't turn over.

Any thoughts?

The Mercedes repair shop is trying to tell me my ECU is fried which I don't see how or why the car was able to connect to the Eurocharged software and flash to stock and my performance map
Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
are you getting fuel pressure at the rail? There is a cap on the front of the engine..if you don't have a pressure reader...have someone crank it and use a screwdriver to push the valve in..it should spurt some out...make sure the engine is cold!!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Just checked that and fuel came shooting out
Old 08-12-2014, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
So you have fuel. How about ignition? And who changed the CPS sensor? Crank position sensor not the camshaft sensor right?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
What voltage are you seeing on the instrument cluster with the car off?
How old is the battery and the plugs in the car?
Old 08-12-2014, 04:18 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55in253
2003 E55 AMG 152k miles

problem
Was driving lights went dim started back firing as it died and went to the side of the road. tried to jump start it, it would not start

Took it in next day the alternator was done for got it replaced car still will not start

Changed the CPS

Any thoughts?

The Mercedes repair shop is trying to tell me my ECU is fried which I don't see how or why the car was able to connect to the Eurocharged software and flash to stock and my performance map
Same thing happened to mine a few months ago - I got an 'ESP malfunction, visit workshop' message on the dash, so I put it on a flatbed and off it went to my indy. He called the next morning to ask why I had the car delivered because it started first turn and he could not find any codes on his MB diagnostics. He kept it for a week and it ran perfectly. I bought a spare CPS just in case, but the problem has never resurfaced. I would strongly advise against the 'ECU fried theory' because A: they are ridiculously expensive and B: I have never heard on one going before. Speak to Shardul - he is awesome at this kind of stuff.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM

03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55in253
2003 E55 AMG 152k miles

problem

Changed the CPS

Any thoughts?

Same thing happened to mine a few months ago - I got an 'ESP malfunction, visit workshop' message on the dash, so I put it on a flatbed and off it went to my indy. He called the next morning to ask why I had the car delivered because it started first turn and he could not find any codes on his MB diagnostics. He kept it for a week and it ran perfectly. I bought a spare CPS just in case, but the problem has never resurfaced. I would strongly advise against the 'ECU fried theory' because A: they are ridiculously expensive and B: I have never heard on one going before. Speak to Shardul - he is awesome at this kind of stuff. Hope you come right.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
SL55 2003
Check the fuel relay. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:33 PM

2005 E55 silver
Originally Posted by mAMG
Check the fuel relay. Good luck.
i'm pretty sure it isn't the fuel relay since he is getting pressure to the rail...