stock supercharger snout bore ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
stock supercharger snout bore ?

want to do a throttle body upgrade and wanted to see. If anybody has had their stock s/c snout bored from74mm to 82mm and roughly how much do you think orknow it will cost to get bored? also if there's any Chicago guys that could refer me to a place I would appreciate it. I had one place quotes me a price of 250 is that about right or does that sound high?
Old 08-12-2014, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
I'm having my 82 turned into a 90+ right now. It's at a welder's shop and he is building up some extra material around the inlet. He said probably around $90 to add the material. Then, I'm taking it to another shop to do the boring and tapping threads for the bigger TB. He said probably 4 hours to do this, but is charging me only $30 per hour since he's a car guy, and he's going to let me help.

So, $250 sounds about right for the boring, if there's enough material. Keep in mind that the current and "new" circle may not have the same center point. Put the new TB on the snout so the bolt holes are lined up and then take a look inside to see where the material needs to be removed.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2007 ML63, 2008 SLK, 2015 GLK350, BMW Z3, Dodge Power Wagon, Electric Smart car
no problem to weld a adaptor plate to the stock 74 inlet & bore to 82mm. Speedriven had a machined adaptor plate he sells ready to weld on.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
How much will this cost you after the cost of the throttle body? Just curious cause it would be much easier to get the 82mm tb kit from Shardul which comes with a port matched snout.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by Denroll
I'm having my 82 turned into a 90+ right now. It's at a welder's shop and he is building up some extra material around the inlet. He said probably around $90 to add the material. Then, I'm taking it to another shop to do the boring and tapping threads for the bigger TB. He said probably 4 hours to do this, but is charging me only $30 per hour since he's a car guy, and he's going to let me help.

So, $250 sounds about right for the boring, if there's enough material. Keep in mind that the current and "new" circle may not have the same center point. Put the new TB on the snout so the bolt holes are lined up and then take a look inside to see where the material needs to be removed.
Thanks I will keep that in mine and make sure it all lines up. Make sure you post some pictures when ur throttle body is all done.

[QUOTE=scoto;6133931]no problem to weld a adaptor plate to the stock 74 inlet & bore to 82mm. Speedriven had a machined adaptor plate he sells ready to weld on.[/QUOTE
]

Yeah i called them today and they are all out but said they will have some made by next week. Also with the adapter plate I wont need to have any threads tapped cause the ones they have tapped in there would mount right up correct?

Originally Posted by SPatykAMG
How much will this cost you after the cost of the throttle body? Just curious cause it would be much easier to get the 82mm tb kit from Shardul which comes with a port matched snout.
Havent been on here for a while didnt know shardul had a kit what does his run? But all said and done I should be under 650 with snout bore,2nd hand t.b ypipe from dealer and and other addition pieces I need.

Last edited by bnzuovr; 08-12-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
I can not speak for current pricing but would be worth contacting him to see what he can offer. I can say that my 82mm is through him which looks great and has performed wonderfully from day one.