Sponsored by:

PLX Data Logging System Died Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, E55 AMG
PLX Data Logging System Died Today

Yesss my data logger shat itself today after about a year and a half. Its getting power but is not holding a connection. With no way to monitor vitals that means the E55 is out of action till i get a new data logging system or buy a new PLX one. Fixed Pulley FTW!!

Im not 100% happy with the PLX products. They are relatively cheaply made. My question is what is everyone using? Dashdaq with zt-2?

A swap is going to have me pulling my wideband and sensor modules. I dont mind the work if the system is reliable. Nothing more fun then running cables through firewall and pulling the shifter to access the back of the cigarette lighter. I love how easy merc/amg made it for us to access the back of the cigarette lighter. Its like they knew we would tap into the leads to power our widebands. Weighing up the options atm.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by RAWE55
Yesss my data logger shat itself today after about a year and a half. Its getting power but is not holding a connection. With no way to monitor vitals that means the E55 is out of action till i get a new data logging system or buy a new PLX one. Fixed Pulley FTW!!

Im not 100% happy with the PLX products. They are relatively cheaply made. My question is what is everyone using? Dashdaq with zt-2?

A swap is going to have me pulling my wideband and sensor modules. I dont mind the work if the system is reliable. Nothing more fun then running cables through firewall and pulling the shifter to access the back of the cigarette lighter. I love how easy merc/amg made it for us to access the back of the cigarette lighter. Its like they knew we would tap into the leads to power our widebands. Weighing up the options atm.
On the MB I installed the Innovate products. I have Zetronix on other cars. If I could do it all over, I would install the Zeitronix on the MB. IMHO, the Zeitronix is easier to setup (maybe I am just familiar with the product) and I LOVE the failsafes you can program into the unit.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Zt2 is very good with the dashdaq system however it will be difficult finding a dashdaq since they don't make them anymore. I recently sent mine in for repair and was thinking of just replacing it and zeitronix told me there are not any around and the best thing is to repair it
Old 08-24-2014, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
What's an alternative to the DashDAQ now?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
They say it's something like the dashdaq called the Ndash but it was made more to be a programmer etc for the ford trucks etc. seems we are screwed, will cost me 375$ to repair my dashdaq...
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Ndash will be made by zeitronix, found out today while speaking to drew technologies, drew tech is out of the game