Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware - FreeshippingMotorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Buyer Beware - FreeshippingMotorsports

As a community of hot rodders and car enthusiasts, vendors like this should be exposed for the better of our hobby.

Most know I have been a member on this forum for many years and have never complained publically about a vendor. My recent interaction with FreeShippingMotorsports has changed that.
They have the absolutely worst customer support I have ever experienced and would strongly recommend to NEVER purchase from them. They have a statement on their products "NO FINE PRINT. YOU PAY, WE SHIP. IF SOMETHING IS DEFECTIVE, DAMAGED, OR WRONG, WE AT FreeShipping MS WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.", but this is 100% absolutely a lie.

I purchased some 3" drop springs for my 2000 Dakota. Here is the link to the product: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-2003-Do...9%26rkt%3D4%26

When I installed them, they dropped it almost 5" giving me less than 3/4" gap between the top of the tire and the fender well. I contacted the vendor and they said to send them back and suggested trying the 2" drop coils. I installed them and they dropped them almost as much giving me less than 1" gap! I attached that pic.

I returned both of them and had discussions with Jason (manager) as to my refund but he would only give me the price less 20% restock fee even though the part was absolutely not as advertised. I had to eat return shipping for a product that was clearly not as advertised.

After no successful resolution between FreeShippingMotorsports and I, I went to Ebay for resolution. In the dispute dialog they accused me of just using different springs to test ride heights. Even when I provided pictures of my truck almost touching the fender well, they said “it looks like the springs did what they were supposed to do and lowered it”. They went on further to say “it looks driveable”. When I provided random pics of stock Dakotas from the internet to show what the ride height is stock, they stated “those are lifted Dakota with larger tires”. When did larger tires INCREASE the fender well gap? As you can tell, he is grasping straws at this point and only concerned with making a buck rather than doing what is right (as the statement on his advertisement fraudulently states).

The final factor to that convinced me to go to Ebay’s resolution center was the fact that I ordered a set of 3” drop springs from another vendor and when I installed them, they indeed dropped my truck 3” as advertised. I provided Ebay with pictures of the 3” drop springs from both vendors installed for them to see.

Ebay refunded my full purchase price, as expected. Unfortunately, vendors like FreeShippingMotorsports give Ebay a bad name. Please use my experience as a guide and avoid giving them business as our car hobby is expensive enough as it is.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware - FreeshippingMotorsports-dakota-web.jpg  
Old 09-04-2014, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
It really gives a bad taste when you order something with so much enthusiasm and then the end results don't pan out.

Maybe there why there is a saying "Expect the unexpected" lol but feelings still turn sour upon receipt especially when we have to pay for return

shipping.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
What was the brand of the bad springs?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:17 PM

2005 E55 AMG
viren.89: And swapping springs 3 times! It only takes about an hour each time, but still...

HeissRod: They were by Spring Tech made by Crown Suspension. The ones that worked as described were by Beltech.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
With a name like FreeShippingMotorsports, I would expect to automatically get scammed just because of their business name.
It would be like going to the law firm of DoWeCheatemAndHow

Glad you were able to get the situation resolved though.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
There are some advantages to buying stuff off Ebay and one of them is their Buyer Protection. It has saved me a couple of times from some bad vendors.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Ya, but they didn't protect my return shipping of $20 each. Going forward, I will use my credit card instead of Pay Pal.