Sponsored by:

E55 Over E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 S63 AMG
E55 Over E63

Hi guys, recently I was in the market for purchasing an e63. Instead of buying the e63 I bought a 2005 e55 amg at 50k driven for $23,000 out the door. It is loaded with a brabus body package and 2 piece rims. I also purchased ez-care totalcare for around $4800 for 3 year/36,000.

I went to the dealer, looked at it, loved it, immediately took it to a benz dealer for a PPI. Came back, they were asking 28k, i told them it needs minor repairs and somehow I went down to 23k.

Overall, the e55 is a monster. So much torque inside this engine it's ridiculous. My only main concern right now is that I want to tune it but I'm very afraid I might get denied if there are any warranty claims. Eurocharged stage 2 is like 3 grand. Anyone have a warrantied/tuned car that has been regularly serviced in the Los Angeles area? Also anyone have stage 2 EC?

Also some kill stories with my stock car.
1) 370Z
2) 745LI
3) CLK55
4) M3
5) Mustang 5.0 L
6) M5 by a little
7) S550
8) CLS550
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
'06 E55
Go to your local dealer and meet with your service consultant. Explain that you have a 3rd party warranty (definitely emphasize the 3rd party part). Mention you are considering adding some modifications, but are concerned about them not processing warranty claims and that you would have to seek repairs elsewhere. They want your business, especially if it isn't their dealership or MB footing the bill.

I made up a completely fictional story that goes like this: I had a modified car with a 3rd party warranty. I had a service consultant who could get claims processed anyways. He would often have to submit photos of, say, a leaky rear main seal. The trick would be to not have the headers showing in the pic, but also to provide enough information to avoid having a warranty company rep come out to inspect and approve the work. Again, this story is completely made up. I pulled it all out of my B-hole and I am full of sheeeeeit.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:19 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I was also wondering this. What can you still do (mods) with an aftermarket warranty? I like to do most maintenance myself but I assume the dealer has to do it? What about an independent?

Headers are obvious but surely they have to know exactly what they are looking for to spot a smaller supercharger pulley or I/C pump.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 AMG E63 Weistec S3, 2003 Porsche GT2 with 1375 rwhp
An independent shop will not care if you have mods on your car and will service the car. Dealers will also, in most cases. For me, it was my dealer service adviser that suggested that I get sw on my car and they had no issues with servicing the car. At the dealership, sometimes it depends on your relationship with your adviser.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
many 3rd party warranty co's will send an inspector to come and physically see the problem, so the pix idea won't work if you're trying to hide mods, imo.
PL
Old 09-24-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by Denroll
Go to your local dealer and meet with your service consultant. Explain that you have a 3rd party warranty (definitely emphasize the 3rd party part). Mention you are considering adding some modifications, but are concerned about them not processing warranty claims and that you would have to seek repairs elsewhere. They want your business, especially if it isn't their dealership or MB footing the bill.

I made up a completely fictional story that goes like this: I had a modified car with a 3rd party warranty. I had a service consultant who could get claims processed anyways. He would often have to submit photos of, say, a leaky rear main seal. The trick would be to not have the headers showing in the pic, but also to provide enough information to avoid having a warranty company rep come out to inspect and approve the work. Again, this story is completely made up. I pulled it all out of my B-hole and I am full of sheeeeeit.
You damn social engineer!