Old 12-28-2003, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2010 E350 Coupe
First Post

Hi to everyone!

I just picked up my 2004 E55 yesterday and am
posting my first message here as well.

The questions and answers I have read here on The Forum really
did help make the 9 month wait a little more bearable - (I originally had an order in for a 2003 but waited for the availability of Navi in '04).

Our new family member is Granite Grey and has options of Navi, Panorama Sunroof, Solar Panel, Keyless Go, Active Ventilated/DD Seats (comfort package), Bi-Xenon Lights, CD Changer, Rear Side Window Blinds, Power Rear Blind, Electronic Trunk Closer and Tire-Pressure Monitors.

As those of you that already own this car know, it is one of the most exhilirating pieces of machinery for the street - balanced and civilized yet with approx 500HP. If you are waiting
for your ordered car or are planning on getting one in the future you will NOT be disappointed.

Again, thanks to all the members with your useful and at times theraputic posts and I look forward to chatting with you

Last edited by MADE55; 12-28-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:40 PM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Welcome and congrats on a beautiful car!

Encouraging comments like yours make the buying decision easier but the wait more unbearable. (I've been waiting since April for a Mid Jan. Production car)

Please keep us advised on your initial impressions, and post some picts when you are able.

BTW, did your car have the active cornering Bi-Xenon lights?

Again Welcome Aboard!
Old 12-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Yeah post pics soon!!!! It seems like all u guys gettin new cars dont want to post pics. Except for Lionhead.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Hey, congrats on the new car! Have fun with it.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Congrats on obtaining the beast!
Old 12-28-2003, 06:34 PM

2004 E55
Congrats. Sounds like a very well optioned out beauty.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:23 PM

EX-BEEMER, IluvS500, ajayz, gup998 and Eddy C - thanks for the
warm welcome

EX-BEEMER - Yes, the car has "curve sensing" Bi-Xenons. Your wait will soon be over, hang in there. What color and options is she going to be fitted with?

Some initial impressions after 100 miles driven today:

Overall Build Quality: Excellent (has "handbuilt" attributes throughout the vehicle)

Interior: IMO this is beautiful looking from the Alcantra headliner to the "just so right" contrasting between the charcoal leather and the Birdseye maple to the sexy ambient lighting - it all really works well

Exterior: Again IMO this is a beautiful car. Paint quality/luster is excellent. In my short drive today I got quite a few stares as I think the recent onslaught of TV/Billboard advertising has made this car somewhat of a celebrity around my neck of the woods:o

Engine: Unbelievable power and endless torque - to have such a powerplant in a four-door sedan makes drivers from Vettes to Porsches do a double-take. Still waiting for 1000K to unleash all ponies at maximum shiftpoints

Transmission: Clean snappy upshifts and smooth downshifts - no complaints. Steering wheel shift paddles are fun! (However, I did find myself using the gearshift knob more often than not to downshift versus the steering paddles as they get difficult to use during canyon type driving with alot of left/right steering movements)

Suspension: Again, no complaints. I didn't get this car to have my teeth rattle out of my mouth and say I can pull 1G on the slalom. Canyon driving was effortless and stable and on the Sport 2 setting provided me with enough confidence to allow the awesome power to shine through.

Brakes: After a day of getting used to them I can say that I can now stop on a dime (amazing clamping power when called upon) with no "back and forth" jerk that many owners have complained about. Whats all the fuss about?

As I am getting more and more used to this car I can see and feel the engineering that has gone into the many aspects of its personality and so far it has impressed me beyond my expectations.

As far as pictures I will try and get some as soon I can but I think Rockminister (only other Granite Grey E55 I have heard of on this board) just posted some.

Again thanks for the warm welcome
Old 12-29-2003, 05:23 AM

2004 E55
Made, nice little review there. I'm up here in New York and have the snows on. There's either snow or ice or gravel on the road from the plows so it will be months before I can really give the car a workout. But I'm finding I'm putting one pleasurable mile after another behind the wheel. The down side aspects of this car are just nits and are far overshadowed by its strong points.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:30 AM

MadE55....My baby's set to come in Black, with the burl wood trim instead of the black birdseye. Ventilated seats, nav, cd changer,bi-xenon, illuminated door sills, plus I've ordered for dealer installation the Lorinser CL type grill and trunk lip spoiler. I'm hoping they apply their new nano-paint technology for my black car but It's gonna be close. New finish process is supposed to start at the beginning of 2004, but how often do things like that start on time.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:37 AM

Eddy C - so happy to hear that you are enjoying your car
even in such weather conditions. Bright side is that its maybe making you notice the great interior even more

EX-BEEMER - sounds wonderful and hope you do get the new
paint process as black would be the best receipient of this technology. Are the illuminated door sills installed in Germany
or after your beauty gets to the dealer and will they say "MERCEDES-BENZ" or "AMG"?
Old 12-30-2003, 09:21 AM

MadE55... As for the door sills my salesman wasn't sure what they'd say but I'm betting on "AMG". I'll be happy with it either way. I think they are installed in Germany.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
Re: First Post

Originally posted by MADE55
Hi to everyone!

I just picked up my 2004 E55 yesterday and am
posting my first message here as well.

The questions and answers I have read here on The Forum really
did help make the 9 month wait a little more bearable - (I originally had an order in for a 2003 but waited for the availability of Navi in '04).

Our new family member is Granite Grey and has options of Navi, Panorama Sunroof, Solar Panel, Keyless Go, Active Ventilated/DD Seats (comfort package), Bi-Xenon Lights, CD Changer, Rear Side Window Blinds, Power Rear Blind, Electronic Trunk Closer and Tire-Pressure Monitors.

As those of you that already own this car know, it is one of the most exhilirating pieces of machinery for the street - balanced and civilized yet with approx 500HP. If you are waiting
for your ordered car or are planning on getting one in the future you will NOT be disappointed.

Again, thanks to all the members with your useful and at times theraputic posts and I look forward to chatting with you
congrats man.. on your new purchase.. and you got great options too on the car.. enjoy