2004 E55 AMG, 2005 E55 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by mrweelr
Sounds killer, great job!

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
Originally Posted by veryswag
Got them installed yesterday. Welding them on took less than an hour, wiring it up took me 2 minutes. Wireless setup is definitely the way to go.

Very happy with them. The difference is night and day. Combined with Kleemann headers & primary cat-delete, the sound is awesome. Very loud but still tolerable. No drone in cabin on the freeway & sound is faint while cruising until you start to open it up. WOT is pure goodness.

Oh and did I mention they're pretty damn fun? Had a Camaro & mustang try to play last night. It was cute. Kept the cutout closed and toyed with the camaro for about 5 minutes of only half-throttle pulls. Eventually let him pull on me, opened up the cutout, passed him WOT and that was end of that

Definitely a worthwhile mod. Took some videos but they suck, Didn't really capture the sound too well. obviously its much better in person. you can download each file for a little better quality over streaming through dropbox. anyway for now until a nice day with the DSLR:

Rev cutout closed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccgyupcdab....28_2.mp4?dl=0

Rev cutout open
https://www.dropbox.com/s/her410416c...82%29.mp4?dl=0

Fly-By Cutout Closed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6c9t2v4nc...19.43.mp4?dl=0

Fly-By Cutout Open
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph01wwbe3r...16.50.mp4?dl=0

Before Install

After Install (low-level shot)

How's it going, I was wondering if you could post a pic of how exactly you tied the cutouts into the exhaust? I'm trying to to picture it but I wasn't sure if you had them Y-ed into it or not. Thanx.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just looking
Originally Posted by 03svtkiller
I ended up ordering the low profile oval cutouts. I wanted to make sure there was clearance room to avoid scraping but also wanted to avoid the cutouts being overly noticeable from the back. I also ordered the wireless remote kit for an easier egr delete ecodiesel, faster, cleaner and cheaper install. The parts just came in the mail today so hopefully I can get them put in tomorrow. I will try to get some before/after videos to post here. Right now I have Kleeman headers and no primary cats. I still have resonators, secondary cats and stock muffler. I plan to install the cutouts right before the mufflers.

Have a link to the wireless remote kit? And sounds good I'll be looking out for that very interested to see how it turns out with the oval kit...[/QUOTE]
I have a 2002 330i 5spd and was wondering if anyone has a exhaust setup like this or has a recommend spot to place the bypass to get the best results. Any advice is helpful, thanks.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
I have a pair of these that OP linked that I’ve decided to not put on. If anyone is interested let me know. Only opened to check them out, never installed or anything.