Opinions Wanted: 07 E63 white or 08 E63 Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Opinions Wanted: 07 E63 white or 08 E63 Black

Hi Guys,
I have posted from time to time but rarely ever make threads. I did sell my 07 E63 Black (pics below) back in July. I moved it due to hitting 84K and went into a Maserati. Didn't plan on keeping the Maser this long (bought to flip) and do love it and modified the exhaust for even more epic Italian Ferrari sound. I love it. BUT..... I worry daily about something breaking and leaving me hundreds of miles away from a Maser dealer or parts or an Indy who has a clue. My plan was to move into a Aston Martin V8 Vantage but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now. No matter how bad I would like it.

I am looking at a 07 White E63 with 67k with all options but no pano, tan interior. Clean wheels with Michelins all the way around. Seems to be in great condition. Price is like epic too, very low 20's. What I don't like is white, tan is second to black, and the white roof due to no pano. I would gloss vinyl the roof to change it. But..... price is perfect and the car is also.

08 E63 Black on Black, 70k with all options plus pano. (I like the glass type black roof, even though the motor breaks on them). Wheels are good, but mix matched tires (dealer not wanting to put more money in it). Dealer repairs---- new front rotors and pads, brake fluid flush, oil change, coolant flush, front tie rod, tires, wheel bearing, and two things I cannot think of. Other than that its nice.

I would have them swap the rims and tires from white to black car, but the 08 is 3k more. Have a week to decide, just wondering what your ideas or thoughts might be. Car Fax is clean, 3 owners each, minimal servicing on the Fax which is normal. Both drive like normal.

Thanks, hopefully soon back in the mix.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
I would say black most of the time but white looks really nice on these cars. Tan interior is nice but it will get dirty, trust me. I have a tan interior car and have had 2 before it and NEVER AGAIN!!! You just can't control it, it will get dirty no matter what. Depends on how dark it is though, the darker the better. You will definitely have to black vinyl the roof on a white car, it makes it look sooooo much better. To be honest I probably would have a hard time deciding too which is weird because for me black is the only way to go on a Mercedes.

On another note how is the QP? I am thinking of getting one and just getting rid of my W211s but the interior is TRASH! It just cannot compare to a W211. I thought about getting one and throwing a GTS bodykit on it. From the outside they look amazing but the interior is from the 90s.

How is the reliability and the way it drives, would you recommend it?
Old 11-02-2014, 10:24 AM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
All in agreement.

I will sell yOu my 06 Maser. Priced fair, fresh clutch 4k ago, drives like new that's why I got it. New michelins, black on grey with black piping, Look it up on metrolina auto group website it's the only 06. I have the nav tv modules installed, and had the exhaust fixed for perfect sound but quiet cruising. Dependable, taken on mostly trips. At the moment everything is perfect except front rotors need turning, and she hates outside cold weather starts, not an issue if in a garage it appears. Honestly about the nicest best condition one I have found. I do have PDFs of most prior history that was a pain to get. Was a Arizona car originally. Dealer can easily take care of financing also. Pic is above can email or text more if you like. Mercs, even a AMG don't get anywhere near the looks or compliments, I just want something less expensive to pay off so I can move to a Aston. Plan is to have a AMG as a daily and Aston for when I stop looking at it in the garage
Old 11-02-2014, 10:27 AM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Interior is above the Mercs in quality of materials, but I kinda agree, I say it's the same but nicer in feel and touch. Can't compare to 14's its a 06. But would hold a candle up till 12 or so
Old 11-02-2014, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
All in agreement.

I will sell yOu my 06 Maser. Priced fair, fresh clutch 4k ago, drives like new that's why I got it. New michelins, black on grey with black piping, Look it up on metrolina auto group website it's the only 06. I have the nav tv modules installed, and had the exhaust fixed for perfect sound but quiet cruising. Dependable, taken on mostly trips. At the moment everything is perfect except front rotors need turning, and she hates outside cold weather starts, not an issue if in a garage it appears. Honestly about the nicest best condition one I have found. I do have PDFs of most prior history that was a pain to get. Was a Arizona car originally. Dealer can easily take care of financing also. Pic is above can email or text more if you like. Mercs, even a AMG don't get anywhere near the looks or compliments, I just want something less expensive to pay off so I can move to a Aston. Plan is to have a AMG as a daily and Aston for when I stop looking at it in the garage
Are you willing to ship it 8000 miles across the pacific ocean?
Old 11-02-2014, 12:53 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Willing to ship and make those arrangements yes. Paying for that No. A lot of ground to cover first but if you did want it then we could figure that part out. I am sure you were just playing about that part anyway but yes we could
Old 11-02-2014, 12:54 PM

13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
At least you would deal with an honest person and know exactly what you would get