W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Thrust arm bushings...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014 | 06:11 PM

E55K, Black on Black. C63, Black on Black. SRT-10 NightRunner 363of400
Thrust arm bushings...

Time to do my thrust arm bushings. Anybody have any thoughts on upgrades?

Shardul, was hoping to get those adjustable camber kits for the front end before I had to do this. Hurry good Sir.
Old 11-17-2014 | 09:08 PM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Bigtickets
Time to do my thrust arm bushings. Anybody have any thoughts on upgrades?

Shardul, was hoping to get those adjustable camber kits for the front end before I had to do this. Hurry good Sir.

We manufacture front replacement “Thrust arm” bushes and also the lower control arm bushes.

These are the highest wearing front end bushes. The bonus with K-MAC is that they are also precisely adjustable – Thrust arm for Caster, Control arm for Camber!

Since the mid 90’s, only adjustment on all Mercedes models is front and rear Toe.

YET TO RETURN VEHICLE TO FACTORY SPECS after curb knock damage, altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/rims, load carrying or to fix steering pull. The front Camber and Caster along with rear Camber (and extra Toe adjustment) is essential.

WE SAW THE NEED AND WERE THE FIRST COMPANY TO manufacture front and rear kits.

THE K-MAC PATENTED DESIGNsets new industry standards – precise, single wrench adjustable – accurately on car (under load – direct on alignment rack). No labour intensive dismantling each time to change settings and with twice the load bearing area of OEM.

RESULT IS FULL ONGOING ADJUSTMENT CAPABILITY TO resolve costly premature inner edge tire wear (and with K-MAC rear kits unlike upper adjustable arms important clearance top of tire to outer fender is maintained), along with improved steering response and high speed directional control. Race days having the capacity to fine tune/change specs to improve lap times.

Old 11-17-2014 | 11:42 PM

2016 CLS63S AMG, 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate, 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
+1. Need to completely rebuild my front end at 95K, it sounds like the R.M.S. Titanic. Anyone sell a high quality complete front end rebuilt kit? I need way more than just bushings.
Old 11-18-2014 | 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
I replaced my whole front end myself the only ***** labor part was the ball joint on the knuckle you will definitely need a press to get that ***** out and in. I got all my parts Ebay( I know sounds cheap but does the job and you can how stiff the car becomes after over haul of front end suspension. the only thing not done yet is the sway bar bushing. you have to drop subframe to get to them.
Old 11-18-2014 | 06:18 PM

2016 CLS63S AMG, 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate, 2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
Yeah, I plan to do everything except the sway bar bushings, I sprayed mine with that Wurth HHK stuff and they aren't squeaking. Are you guys also replacing wheel bearings when rebuilding the front end or just cleaning and repacking with grease? Will definitely get the proper ball joint remover and press before tearing it apart.
Old 11-19-2014 | 02:30 PM

E55K, Black on Black. C63, Black on Black. SRT-10 NightRunner 363of400
Has anyone tried the K-Mac adjustable front bushings for these cars? If not, I guess I could guinea pig them and give feedback???