Sponsored by:

03 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
I actually waited for a loaded car and lucky for me I found it. I was willing to sacrifice the color I wanted for options as it 'is' a Mercedes. I wanted the pano but would have settled without it, keyless go, rear shade were pretty much all a must. Dynamic seats never work anyway but I will fix them and they are pretty cool and so are the cooled seats.

Given all the facts, I don't think the price is very high because it is clean (keep in mind we are looking at pictures not the actual car) but it is not what I would want. I started getting sick of looking and almost settled on a couple of cars but I am thrilled that I waited and found exactly what I wanted! Just a tip.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
Just a word of advice, spend a little more and get a loaded one. I wish I had...seriously.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
^+1

Took me a while to find mine, didn't really want to compromise and I wasn't in a hurry. I wanted the folding rear seats, keyless go/bixenon and the power trunk closer. And I didn't want black for interior or exterior so that eliminated a lot. I was going to settle for a black interior, but then I got lucky and found one that had everything plus parktronic, panorama sunroof and real leather. Best thing I like about my car now is the keyless go, parktronic, and power trunk. The panorama is interesting, but I think rear seat passengers would appreciate it more. A couple things I couldn't get on an E350 was the distronic and the ventilated/dynamic seats. So if you're not in a rush, hold out for one with more options, it's definitely much more fun to drive.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S/C 2005 GTO / Might get a MB
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
^+1

Took me a while to find mine, didn't really want to compromise and I wasn't in a hurry. I wanted the folding rear seats, keyless go/bixenon and the power trunk closer. And I didn't want black for interior or exterior so that eliminated a lot. I was going to settle for a black interior, but then I got lucky and found one that had everything plus parktronic, panorama sunroof and real leather. Best thing I like about my car now is the keyless go, parktronic, and power trunk. The panorama is interesting, but I think rear seat passengers would appreciate it more. A couple things I couldn't get on an E350 was the distronic and the ventilated/dynamic seats. So if you're not in a rush, hold out for one with more options, it's definitely much more fun to drive.
Well I did find a well loaded E55 2006, 80k miles... Just over 20k. Unfortunately, that's chrrently out of my price range.

I don't HAVE to have a car, but having moved to Florida to take care of my parents who are having health issues, I am currently having to rely on others for rides to work on days they have their doctors appointments. More an inconvinience than an absolute necessity.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S/C 2005 GTO / Might get a MB
http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4777492878.html

Now I am looking into this one, which has the benefit of being local. It's an 04 instead of 03, and $16k or so is what he is willing to do.

It has more features, though minus the active seats, remote start, and pano. None the less, it seems to be in better shape than the other one, and the price isn't much more.