A few questions...need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 CTSV auto, 06 E55 white pano, 87 Grand national, 63 split window
A few questions...need help!

I have a few questions about my new ride which I am sure you guys can help on pls.

1. Dynamic seats worked like once and now I can't get them to work again...is this common when they are going bad? I pushed the button so they went on and the dash reads...ON. Worked once for me to test and then wouldn't work again. One time it actually just started massaging my back for about 10 sec.

2. Car is too low for my taste...want to raise it about an inch...I believe it is lowered with star. My buddy has that star thingy but doesn't know how to do it.

3. Passenger side sits a little lower than the drivers side.

4. Clock is an hour fast and I have no clue how to correct it. Tried the little finger knob near clock and it seems to do nothing.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by 60nomad
I have a few questions about my new ride which I am sure you guys can help on pls.

1. Dynamic seats worked like once and now I can't get them to work again...is this common when they are going bad? I pushed the button so they went on and the dash reads...ON. Worked once for me to test and then wouldn't work again. One time it actually just started massaging my back for about 10 sec.
Very common problem. I believe it is the compressor going bad as mine had the same issue and that was the problem.

2. Car is too low for my taste...want to raise it about an inch...I believe it is lowered with star. My buddy has that star thingy but doesn't know how to do it.
There is a thread on lowering via STAR and the values to use. I'll try to find it and post in this thread.

Another common issue. I'm guessing the engineers did this so that when the driver is in the car, it is level....No idea really...

4. Clock is an hour fast and I have no clue how to correct it. Tried the little finger knob near clock and it seems to do nothing.
You sync it with the radio...
Old 11-30-2014, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Make sure it's lowered with star and not with lowering links before you play with star lowering
Old 11-30-2014, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne

sorry... mine always worked ... no idea

star can for sure fix it. there are diys

my driver side sits little lower and I cant fix it... not that noticeable tho

you have to use the menu not the knob.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by cij911
If you have the NAV unit.....SERV > Time.

If you don't....I have no idea?
Old 11-30-2014, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
A little off topic. Where is this seat compressor? I have no air or bolsters for me seat. Driver side jammed wide open and passenger side feels like your kidneys are getting crushed. Switches don't work.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very common problem. I believe it is the compressor going bad as mine had the same issue and that was the problem.

There is a thread on lowering via STAR and the values to use. I'll try to find it and post in this thread.

Another common issue. I'm guessing the engineers did this so that when the driver is in the car, it is level....No idea really...

Any idea how much a compressor is and what's involved in a fix? The star thingy would be great if you can post it. Leveling seems normal after a few responses. lol Thanks

Originally Posted by Hulk
Make sure it's lowered with star and not with lowering links before you play with star lowering

How would I know if lowering links were used? Thanks

Originally Posted by HeissRod
If you have the NAV unit.....SERV > Time.

If you don't....I have no idea?

I do have nav but another said that it is through the radio...anyone know for sure which one? Thanks
Old 11-30-2014, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
For the links if you put the car on a lift you can see it
Links will have an adjustable nut
Old 12-01-2014, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I do have nav but another said that it is through the radio...anyone know for sure which one? Thanks
If you have NAV, they use the same head unit?
Old 12-01-2014, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 CLS63 AMG Performace - Obsidian Black
If you don't have nav you'll need to set the analog clock from the dash. Setting the radio clock won't fix it. Go to Settings, then Vehicle, then Clock on the steering wheel. You'll see the clock spin around in a test cycle and land on the set time.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by socalsounds
If you don't have nav you'll need to set the analog clock from the dash. Setting the radio clock won't fix it. Go to Settings, then Vehicle, then Clock on the steering wheel. You'll see the clock spin around in a test cycle and land on the set time.

I do have nav.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you have NAV, they use the same head unit?

I don't even understand this? How is that going to change my analog clock in the dash?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Go settings
Time / date
Get to the hour and mins you change them using + or -
Confirm it using trip button. The black knob thing sticking out of the instrument panel!
Old 12-01-2014, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go settings
Time / date
Get to the hour and mins you change them using + or -
Confirm it using trip button. The black knob thing sticking out of the instrument panel!

Maybe I am retarded or probably...I went to settings, hit - to get to time/date then can't figure out how to 'select' that! Tried everything!

Edit: I did through the nav unit as someone said but just to set other things...still wondering how you 'select' when in the steering wheel mode settings? Thanks

Last edited by 60nomad; 12-01-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't even understand this? How is that going to change my analog clock in the dash?
Ask Mercedes? MAYBE READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL?!

Here....just for you

Last edited by HeissRod; 12-01-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ask Mercedes? MAYBE READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL?!

Here....just for you
Setting Clock from Radio - Mercedes E55 - YouTube

I already did that...didn't you read the edit on my last post??? jk

Honestly, thanks for going through that trouble!

I don't have an owners manual or I would have looked up all this stuff! Which reminds me...I wonder if that guy that is parting out his e55 has one? Anyway, the select thing in the dash using the steering controls...how the hell do you do that? I would love to know that if possible. It has the time/date thing in there and I couldn't figure out how to select 'it' or anything else. You ever sit there and look at something and think that this has to be so stupid that I am just missing it!? lol Well, I did that for 20 minutes and was getting so frustrated!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

one car at a time
Make sure the instrument panel / cluster has time sync with head unit selected to on....
Old 12-01-2014, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Make sure the instrument panel / cluster has time sync with head unit selected to on....

Handled, thanks.

Anyone know what the best rear lip spoiler is to get? I'll probably want a painted one (I'll have it painted obviously) but would consider a carbon fiber one. Just wanted to know which is the best one to have, easiest one to install, etc.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:56 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55

I know that in star diagnostic you can actually run a test on each seat. It will inflate the sides and show you a reading on whether or not the bags are holding pressure. For example My passenger side bags hold pressure perfectly according to star but my drivers side slowly loses pressure over a few days, so I know it isn't the compressor but the bag itself or a hose leaking air which is not a problem for me because I don't keep the seat tight all the time but just have it hug me when I turn.
The massaging feature is not as good as I imagined, but I cant expect too much from a car this old. My brother's w218 cls massaging seats are the bomb.

Last edited by Mikeki7; 12-01-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mikeki7
I know that in star diagnostic you can actually run a test on each seat. It will inflate the sides and show you a reading on whether or not the bags are holding pressure. For example My passenger side bags hold pressure perfectly according to star but my drivers side slowly loses pressure over a few days, so I know it isn't the compressor but the bag itself or a hose leaking air which is not a problem for me because I don't keep the seat tight all the time but just have it hug me when I turn.
The massaging feature is not as good as I imagined, but I cant expect too much from a car this old. My brother's w218 cls massaging seats are the bomb.

I don't even know how it works! lol The side thingy worked once! What do you mean by 'I don't keep it tight all the time'?

Thanks, I will have my buddy look over it with his star.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:22 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
I don't even know how it works! lol The side thingy worked once! What do you mean by 'I don't keep it tight all the time'?

Thanks, I will have my buddy look over it with his star.

You can have it so that the sides are inflated all the time.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyone know what the best rear lip spoiler is to get? I'll probably want a painted one (I'll have it painted obviously) but would consider a carbon fiber one. Just wanted to know which is the best one to have, easiest one to install, etc.
Someone posted a picture of a spoiler a few months back that had a more "upright" look than the traditional E63 lip. (I think it was the Brabus and maybe FromM3toE55 that has it?)

One of our other members used to post pictures with his ride having spoiler that was more ducktail like; almost M3 CSL-ish. Wish I could remember the guy...his ride was gray, he was from the NE and his sig has an E and an ML in it.

.....or you could go with the traditional E63.

Last edited by HeissRod; 12-01-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mikeki7
You can have it so that the sides are inflated all the time.

I can't get them to inflate, unless I am doing something wrong. I haven't tried too hard to figure this stuff out but just ordered an owners manual from ebay so I can read that a bit when it comes. Thanks for the info.

Someone posted a picture of a spoiler a few months back that had a more "upright" look than the traditional E63 lip. (I think it was the Brabus and maybe FromM3toE55 that has it?)

One of our other members used to post pictures with his ride having spoiler that was more ducktail like; almost M3 CSL-ish. Wish I could remember the guy...his ride was gray, he was from the NE and his sig has an E and an ML in it.

.....or you could go with the traditional E63.

Thanks Heiss, just actually ordered a painted one (wasn't crazy about the CF one) it was the E63 one. Seemed to look classy and price seemed decent and feedback was excellent on the guy. I asked for rush delivery for extra charge...we'll see if that happens! lol
Old 12-01-2014, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Car sits perfect leave it
Old 12-02-2014, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
I don't have an owners manual or I would have looked up all this stuff!
You can just get the PDF directly from Mercedes. It's a good read, there's a bunch of little neat stuff in there. I actually read mine, found a nice feature such as the mirror tilting down when going into reverse only to find out that they deleted that function in 2007+ but left it in the manual. That might actually work in your car. Summer opening/close is also nice (hold button, all windows/sunroof close/open.)

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few questions...need help!