W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Killer chiller plus FSP anyone have the setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Killer chiller plus FSP anyone have the setup?

I'm still undecided about which way to go with mods. Headers, yes. TB, sure. Pulley? I really like the idea of a fixed pulley. After all, -response- is what makes a great ride. But for a daily driver, I am wondering if the constant heat load would just kill performance for a long pull. Would a killer chiller keep up with it, and keep the cabin cool? At let's say 95F ambient.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts
mgLipGD
I don't have a FSP but I do have a rather large CP, so could be similar to compare. Living in Alabama the temps certainly reach 95* often. The KC helps a ton on the street and WOT on streets. On the interstate it usually is running even to ambient, but SC not engaged 100% of the time. Interstate and WOT and cooling take some time, so I added a trunk tank and problem solve. I started with the KC, then added meth, then added the trunk tank once I felt the KC needed more fluid to help on interstate WOT runs.

The KC will take a hit on cooling the inside of the car. I would say an extra 2-3min to be comfortable when its really hot out. But having 60* IATs when its 95* out and without it IATs would be 105-115*, its like gaining 30hp.

I however don't drive my E daily and even in summer have the windows down and sunroof open.

Just my experience, hope it help some.