MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   REIMBURSEMENTS from MBUSA: Owner incurred fuels system repairs (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/572985-reimbursements-mbusa-owner-incurred-fuels-system-repairs.html)

Worth the wait 01-30-2015 02:50 PM

REIMBURSEMENTS from MBUSA: Owner incurred fuels system repairs

There has been some discussion in the original thread, but I feel this topic merits a separate thread as they are different parts of the same warranty extension.

So now that folks are getting the repairs from the dealer, this is the next part of the equation.

So..who has received a reimbursement?
How did you get it?
How much was it?
What was required to prove the claim?

Who has been denied?
Why did they deny you?

Hopefully this will get to be an accurate source of information for getting our past expenses back!
?Sticky?

So, let's hear it....

MJ50 01-30-2015 02:53 PM

denied by dealer because i don't have proof of payment since i paid cash...

SheriffDep 01-30-2015 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by MJ50 (Post 6313909)
denied by dealer because i don't have proof of payment since i paid cash...

Dealer still should have the repair in their system???? Possibly check the car fax on your car, it might show it done :) I do understand the cash part, but someone should have a record of at least what parts they used in the repair. If its a MB dealer they will have it in their systems somewhere. Hell they pulled up a part I bought 4 years ago in their system. Might be worth checking or NOT letting them try to discard the situation. Just some thoughts

berti_00 01-30-2015 03:32 PM

well i hope you guys get this money back because i would be pissed if i didnt.

SilverStrk 01-30-2015 03:36 PM

I had my Indy do the work last month, have not tried yet for reimbursement, also paid cash, witch I think is going to turn out to be a Big mistake.. Just waiting to see how this plays out.. I hope my vin comes up as "tank assembly" and then have them completely re do the entire unit.. Then I will seek reimbursement for the failed sender unit...

MJ50 01-30-2015 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 6313973)
Dealer still should have the repair in their system???? Possibly check the car fax on your car, it might show it done :) I do understand the cash part, but someone should have a record of at least what parts they used in the repair. If its a MB dealer they will have it in their systems somewhere. Hell they pulled up a part I bought 4 years ago in their system. Might be worth checking or NOT letting them try to discard the situation. Just some thoughts

no, cuz i had it serviced by independent shop since stealers are $$$...

Hulk 01-30-2015 04:01 PM

Cash or not, the Indy bought parts and he can give an invoice to you to show proof

Denroll 01-30-2015 04:15 PM

I pulled my old credit card statements and found my $1400 payment to a shop back in 2012. Now I will see if they still have the invoice of the parts and labor.

baldmike73 01-30-2015 04:34 PM

I spoke to my local dealer and they said since it was done at an Indy shop I would would be eligible for reimbursement - if the work was done at the dealer then it would have been an dif story.

let me know if you find dif - i am Bay Area (SJ)

Rocman8 01-31-2015 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by baldmike73 (Post 6314066)
I spoke to my local dealer and they said since it was done at an Indy shop I would would be eligible for reimbursement - if the work was done at the dealer then it would have been an dif story.

i posted this a few weeks ago. read at the bottom it explains reimbursement. you did not have to have the repair done at the dealer. the dealer is the one that needs to process the reimbursement claim though.

benznewcomer 01-31-2015 01:31 AM

hey guys so what do you think of this, vehicle was purchased in the USA originally but now transferred over to canada, am I still eligible for the recall since it was originally a us vehicle? eligible at a canadian dealership? usa dealership?

and why hasnt there been a recall on the radiator

BC928 01-31-2015 01:31 PM

Reciepts.

WTF does it matter if you paid cash? Or with ****ing Sheep? Is there a receipt?

Jesus Christ I despise these stealers. Psychopathic liars and cheats - every one of them.

trackjunky 01-31-2015 06:13 PM

woah, this new extended warranty on fuel components is great news! This mean that for those who is going to encounter the well-known issue of fuel leaks is going to be completely covered by dealer. Great peace of mind!

p30amg08 02-03-2015 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by BC928 (Post 6315027)
Reciepts.

Jesus Christ I despise these stealers. Psychopathic liars and cheats - every one of them.

I had my worked performed on these "covered components" at mercedes of plano. Had the whole tank replaced and sending units. 1st: I called in just as a regular customer and had them pull me up. They did. Had all my records on file. (Paid with amex) so then I tell them why I am calling and reference the letter posted here. Service manager has I need to present ORIGINAL RECORDS AND PROOF OF PAYMENT. I was confused I had all work done at MB and u have all records infront of you. He said NOPE. Can't process unless I bring in originals??

Wtf type of **** is this?

I guess ill just have to give amex a call n present them with the proof....

Any other options besides calling my attorney and just spending my own money just to make a point?

novae500 02-03-2015 09:06 AM

It letter that went out said Original or clear copies and proof of payment. Dealers are making it very difficult for us to get reimbursed. If it was done at the dealer, then they have all they need to submit to MBUSA. Another tactic of making things difficult for us to recoup our out of pocket payments.

p30amg08 02-03-2015 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by novae500 (Post 6317894)
It letter that went out said Original or clear copies and proof of payment. Dealers are making it very difficult for us to get reimbursed. If it was done at the dealer, then they have all they need to submit to MBUSA. Another tactic of making things difficult for us to recoup our out of pocket payments.

The letter states
"Reimbursement for your replacement costs may be obtained by presenting adequate documentation of those expenses to an authorized MB dealer"

So....I sent them my credit card statement showing my cost.. I dont have the original work order, but the ORIGINAL work order is in the dealers system! So I dont understand what the issue is??

whipplem104 02-03-2015 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by p30amg08 (Post 6318217)
The letter states
"Reimbursement for your replacement costs may be obtained by presenting adequate documentation of those expenses to an authorized MB dealer"

So....I sent them my credit card statement showing my cost.. I dont have the original work order, but the ORIGINAL work order is in the dealers system! So I dont understand what the issue is??

Just call the mbusa customer assist center and complain. That will get a fire lit under the dealer.

Whats_AMG 02-04-2015 09:59 AM

I'm dropping my car of monday to autobahn for tank. Hope everything goes smooth when i ask cause mine was also done at an indy shop.

FinanceMike 02-04-2015 06:37 PM

Earlier today I dropped off a packet to my local dealership with the letter from MB USA (posted a few posts up), the invoice from the indy shop where I had the units replaced and the receipt from my AMEX card.

The service advisor said I had everything needed and they will run the VIN to make sure my car was included and then I should receive a check within 90 days.

I will update this thread with anything I receive, whether it be payment or decline.

My car was a CLS55, I had the repairs completed back in July of 2013. I no longer own the car but no where in the literature does it say that voids the claim.

Worth the wait 02-05-2015 12:43 AM

^ Good for you!
Looking forward to the end result.

OCKlasse 02-05-2015 06:34 PM

I just had to replace both fuel pumps a week ago would I be eligible for a reimbursement? My VMI does show "fuel tank leak" on it.

SPatykAMG 02-05-2015 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by OCKlasse (Post 6320902)
I just had to replace both fuel pumps a week ago would I be eligible for a reimbursement? My VMI does show "fuel tank leak" on it.

tell me it wasn't done at the dealer and they just ignored the whole thing.

lm7 02-05-2015 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by baldmike73 (Post 6314066)

Which dealer was this so I can avoid it

OCKlasse 02-08-2015 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by SPatykAMG (Post 6320912)
tell me it wasn't done at the dealer and they just ignored the whole thing.

Wasn't done at the dealer.

JonMBZ 02-08-2015 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by BC928 (Post 6315027)
Reciepts.

Use your brain for a second, it doesn't matter, so long as you can show a receipt you paid for the services.