Sponsored by:

I can't Pump Gas in my Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
I can't Pump Gas in my Car

So when i first owned it I was able to pump gas and leave it there. Now I can only pump a gallon then wait 2 seconds and repeat other wise it would spill out. I made an appointment the dealer. We went to the closest chevron and it pumped fine, he even let me try.
He explained the rubber stopper on the pump needs to be all the way in to be held. Well all my gas stations in my area(SF) have these steal type stoppers that won't keep the pump in past a gallon.
I think my car has a problem cause it should pump gas like all other benz in S.F. What might be my problem and should it be covered under the "extended fuel leak issue" ?
Have a 05 c55, 07e550 and 06 ml350 with no issues with fueling with the same pumps.
First picture, that steal part was a rubber part when we went to chevron by Autobahn motors Dealer. But everywhere I live its steal.
Attached Thumbnails I can't Pump Gas in my Car-pump-.jpg   I can't Pump Gas in my Car-fuel-intake1.jpg   I can't Pump Gas in my Car-fuel-intake2.jpg   I can't Pump Gas in my Car-fuel-intake3.jpg  

Last edited by Whats_AMG; 02-11-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: more pics
Old 02-11-2015, 12:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
I'm not 100% sure. But I was having this exact problem. The conclusion I came to way there there was TOO good of a seal at the nozzle therefore is was preventing air from escaping the tank, so gasoline and oxygen would fight for the space..
Old 02-11-2015, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
I've had the issue a few times. I fill up on the slowest click. Insert the nozzle barely to allow any pressure to vent for a few seconds before inserting all the way...lol
Old 02-11-2015, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
Originally Posted by 2000UZJ
I've had the issue a few times. I fill up on the slowest click. Insert the nozzle barely to allow any pressure to vent for a few seconds before inserting all the way...lol
Same. Tho sometimes that doesn't even do it.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
I got an appointment next week with dealer again. I've tried on the slowest click and venting. When i first had the car, no problem pumping. I feel something is worn or something. Please Anyone else that had this problem fixed? I would like to go dealer with and idea whats going on and if its covered under the extended warranty.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 71 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Whats_AMG
I got an appointment next week with dealer again. I've tried on the slowest click and venting. When i first had the car, no problem pumping. I feel something is worn or something. Please Anyone else that had this problem fixed? I would like to go dealer with and idea whats going on and if its covered under the extended warranty.
it could be your charcoal canister causing this issue. it may be saturated with fuel. one way to check is to remove the vent line from the canister and then attempt to refuel.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63 AMG
This sounds a lot like what happened to my Tacoma truck. The problem was that there was debris partially blocking the filler tube "screen" at the fuel tank. To examine and retrieve the debris, I had to disconnect the fill hose right at the tank and look down inside with a mirror and flashlight. I found a piece of plastic sitting on the screen. Tell the dealer to check this area when they look at it.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by Rocman8
it could be your charcoal canister causing this issue. it may be saturated with fuel. one way to check is to remove the vent line from the canister and then attempt to refuel.
That was my problem. If OP does a search, OP will find my threat/response with pics on the canister. It was an easy fix. I bought the part used from Shardul and it took me less then 45 minutes to install. You have to remove rear passanger wheel and the wheel well protectors.